1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 00:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    The question is for you FMF.

Does God punish the innocent?
    If FMF says, "yes", how will you respond?

If he says "no", how will you respond?

Another nothing post.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 01:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'll name a few:

Sonship
    Grampy bobby
    Whodey
    Joesephw
    RJHinds
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "according to some, not unless they are baptized into the christian faith..."

"I'll name a few:

Sonship
    Grampy bobby
    Whodey
    Joesephw
    RJHinds"

If the reference in your reply is to water baptism, your inclusion of my nickname in this list is unwarranted:
    salvation is and has always been by faith alone in Christ alone before and following His First Advent.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 01:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If the reference in your reply is to water baptism, your inclusion of my nickname in this list is unwarranted: salvation is and has always been by faith alone in Christ alone before and following His First Advent.
    If the mass murderers of the children ~ along with God conscious children [without faith in Jesus] that they murdered ~ are believed to end up being tortured together for eternity in "The Lake of Fire", does this constitute a good example of the "perfect justice" that Christian subscribers [like yourself] to the 'eternal torture' ideology lionize and propagate?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 02:52
    I'll name a few:

Sonship
    Grampy bobby
    Whodey
    Joesephw
    RJHinds
    Liar.

Who made you God? Who made me God?

No one, that's who, so stop pretending that either one of us are.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    Liar.

Who made you God? Who made me God?

No one, that's who, so stop pretending that either one of us are.
    It's all well and good you calling him a "liar". But why not correct his error if he has made one?

What is the theology that you subscribe to? Do only those baptised into the Christian faith go to "heaven" or is baptism not necessary or, indeed, is Christian faith not necessary?

If divegeester has misunderstood your theological beliefs, why not just clarify what they are rather than claiming he is deliberately trying to deceive the forum?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:31
    ...salvation is and has always been by faith alone in Christ alone before and following His First Advent.
    whodey, do you agree or disagree with the assertion above?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's all well and good you calling him a "liar". But why not correct his error if he has made one?

What is the theology that you subscribe to? Do only those baptised into the Christian faith go to "heaven" or is baptism not necessary or, indeed, is Christian faith not necessary?

If divegeester has misunderstood your theological beliefs, why not just clarify what they are rather than claiming he is deliberately trying to deceive the forum?
    If there is a hell, then God decides who goes there, not me.

If there is salvation, then God decides who receives it, not me.

As for my own beliefs, who cares? You? LOL.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:43

We all thought you were god!!
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    whodey, do you agree or disagree with the assertion above?
    According to the Bible there is only salvation through Jesus Christ.

Of course, most assume they then know who is saved, that would be only people who confess Jesus as their Lord.

Interestingly, men such as Abraham never did yet no one denies they are not saved, Biblically speaking.

My only point here is that I believe that through Jesus men are saved. So what about those who have never heard the Good News? What of those who are not mentally able to understand it? What about.......and the list goes on. These matters are up to God entirely, man is only too eager to push him off his throne and decide for him.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves

What are your theological beliefs with regard to "salvation" and going to "hell"? Do you agree with Grampy Bobby's assertion that "...salvation is and has always been by faith alone in Christ alone..."?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    We all thought you were god!!
    It's a common mistake, I forgive ya!!

Now does that mean you are exempt from hell.......?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:46
    Well, seeing as you called divegeester a "liar" when he described your beliefs, perhaps you should say what those beliefs are and explain how or why you think divegeester was deliberately misleading people.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:48
    My only point here is that I believe that through Jesus men are saved. So what about those who have never heard the Good News? What of those who are not mentally able to understand it?
    Do you believe Jews and Muslims and Hindus (etc.) go to "heaven" too?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:59
    The Apostle Paul in Romans 16:17-18 "Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them. For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting."
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 04:072 edits
    The Apostle Paul in Romans 16:17-18 "Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them. For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting."
    I would have thought that discussing teachings that are different or contrary to each other is par for the course and highly appropriate on a 'debate and discussion' forum for spiritual matters.

I don't "believe in" Jesus as Christians do, although I used to. With this in mind, it appears that people like RJHinds and sonship predict that I will suffer eternal torment in an afterlife; you, on the other hand, have declared that I will be saved ~ an action that cannot be undone, you say ~ because I used to believe in Christ even though I don't now.

It seems to me there is good reason to discuss differences such as these and that debate is a more healthy thing than people hiding behind quotations while allegedly discussing 'life and death' matters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree