1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 04:28
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    according to some, not unless they are baptized into the christian faith.

his question stands, who here believes infidels (children or not) should spend an eternity of agony just for not believing in the right deity (or flavor of deity)
    It is and is not really about believing in a sense. God does the saving through belief in His son of those who's name were written in The Lambs Book of Life before the foundations of the world.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 04:32
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It is and is not really about believing in a sense. God does the saving through belief in His son of those who's name were written in The Lambs Book of Life before the foundations of the world.
    Do you mean one does not have to believe in "God's son" in order to be "saved"?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 04:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you mean one does not have to believe in "God's son" in order to be "saved"?
    Under the age of accountability no. And the age of accountability is different for all people.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:05
    Under the age of accountability no. And the age of accountability is different for all people.
    According to this enormous theological loophole that you seem to be referring to, can people still not have reached the age of accountability right into their adult lives? I don't "believe in Christ" at all. Might I be "saved", according to your beliefs, if I am deemed "under the age of accountability"?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, seeing as you called divegeester a "liar" when he described your beliefs, perhaps you should say what those beliefs are and explain how or why you think divegeester was deliberately misleading people.
    I've already stated my beliefs. Jesus died making a way to salvation for us all. I believe that men like Abraham who died before Jesus lived are saved though his blood sacrifice even though they never knew of him. I say this only because the Bible indicates as much.

Having said that, God will decide the rest. It serves no purpose in sitting down and judging others, in fact, we are commanded not to do so.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    Liar.

Who made you God? Who made me God?

No one, that's who, so stop pretending that either one of us are.
    Are you saying you don't believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering?

If so then I will apologise sincerely.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:161 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If the reference in your reply is to water baptism, your inclusion of my nickname in this list i ion is and has always been by faith alone in Christ alone before and following His First Advent.[/b]
    I was referring to those who believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering; please say if you don't believe it and I will apologise.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:17
    I've already stated my beliefs. Jesus died making a way to salvation for us all. I believe that men like Abraham who died before Jesus lived are saved though his blood sacrifice even though they never knew of him. I say this only because the Bible indicates as much.

Having said that, God will decide the rest. It serves no purpose in sitting down and judging others, in fact, we are commanded not to do so.
    I am not asking you to judge anyone. I am asking what your theology tells you about Jews, Muslims and others, and their route to "heaven" if they do not believe in Jesus. Does your viewpoint about Abraham indicate that people who do not know of/do not believe in Jesus can be "saved" too?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:20

The post you called me a "liar" in was for me specifically calling your name as someone who I understood as being a believer in the doctrine of eternal suffering. If I have misrepresented you please explicitly state that you do not believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering and I will sincerely apologise.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The post you called me a "liar" in was for me specifically calling your name as someone who I understood as being a believer in the doctrine of eternal suffering. If I have misrepresented you please explicitly state that you do not believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering and I will sincerely apologise.
    I don't really see why whodey thought that you were deceiving people on purpose. Does he really think you are trying to mislead people deliberately for some nefarious reason, or is it just a case of online disinhibition effect?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:362 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't really see why whodey thought that you were deceiving people on purpose. Does he really think you are trying to mislead people deliberately for some nefarious reason, or is it just a case of online disinhibition effect?
    I have become despised by and alienated from many of my (alledged) fellow Christians here - but if one takes the trouble to see why it is probably for two reasons:

1) my posting style which is combatative and forthright and
    2) because I will attack the doctrine of eternal suffering.

I may be disliked for other less significant reasons but one of them will not be my inability to apologise when I'm wrong. If whodey states that he does not believe in the doctrine of eternal suffering then I will apologise.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:401 edit
    With respect... You are so missing his point that I have to ask if you are doing it deliberately?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:43
    If there is a hell, then God decides who goes there, not me.

If there is salvation, then God decides who receives it, not me.

As for my own beliefs, who cares? You? LOL.
    You see whodey, this is why I get upset with some Christians here. This evasiveness you and others display when it comes to the crunch doctrines is quite off putting to say the very least.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    The actions of the Taliban faction that murdered those 132 children in Peshawar are so despicable that words of condemnation just feel as if they cannot possibly match the scale and depravity of the atrocity.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30507836

Do Christians like sonship and Grampy Bobby and others believe that these slaughtered children now face an eternity of torture in burning agony for not believing in Jesus?
    You are another one that doesn't know what in the "hell" you are talking about. 😏
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 05:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    The Apostle Paul in Romans 16:17-18 "Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them. For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting."
    Contending for the truth in regard to the erroneous doctrine of eternal suffering which is of a criminal holocaust nature, is not me doing what you are describing here. It is very easy to wheel out these "control" scriptures isn't it; I've experienced it all my Christian life within the denominational system.

We are told to contend for the truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree