The Spirit was not yet

The Spirit was not yet

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 May 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Checkbaiter, what is the name of your saviour?
Whoever thought of placing Jesus Christ in a separate dispensation from Christians .. that man is his saviour. I think its a guy called John Darby.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16

So Isaiah is mistranslated?
Just the capital in God

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16
2 edits

Originally posted by checkbaiter
It is God who appointed Jesus as Lord and head of the church.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surely. Amen to this.

It is God who works in Christ who works in me. [/b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too.
In fact God is working Christ INTO me.

In His eternal purpose He is working Christ into a corporate group of people so that they match Christ, correspond to Christ and "marry" Christ as His Bride City and Wife City New Jerusalem .

The Bridegroom Jesus Christ reaches man as the Spirit. And that is why the indwelling Spirit finally speaks in oneness and in perfect harmony with the Bride saying "Come".

" And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come ! " (Rev. 22:17a)

God intends not just to work in Christ in His people but to work Christ Himself into His people. He does so by means of the all-inclusive Spirit. Here we see the Bridegroom has saturated the Bride, infills the Bride, permeates the Bride and swallows up the Bride into the mingling of divinity and humanity/

So the Holy Spirit and the church speak together as man is mingled with God.

The Spirit is the final reaching of the Triune God into man for the dispensing of God into man.

But Jesus is subject to God just as I am subject to both of them. There is no confusion, there is no god-man, trinity nor incarnation.

-------------------------------------------------------------

That isn't right.
Well, it is right that there is no confusion. That part is right.

But the Trinity is and the Trinity does - dispense God into man.
And Jesus is the mingling of God and man. In fact the word mingled is biblical. And in the typology of the fine four mingled with oil we see the type of the incarnation in Leviticus 2:1-16. This is the meal offering.

The fine flour representing the humanity of Jesus and the oil mingled with the fine flour representing the divinity.

For two or more things to be mingled means that they are combined in such a way that the components of remain distinguishable in the combination. In Jesus Christ we discern the human nature and the divine nature. In Jesus Christ we discern the perfect man and the complete God.

How can you read the Gospel of Luke and not see Jesus is the perfect man ?
How can you read the Gospel of John and not see He is the complete God ?

Perhaps you should realize that when I say Jesus is a man I do not mean that He is not God. And when I say Jesus is God I do not mean that He is not also a man.

I think I already pointed out to you that in Romans 8 the Spirit of God equals the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of Christ equals Christ Himself. And Christ Himself equals and is interchangeable with the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead.

How can we not believe then that the Christ who indwells the Christians is the One who raised Jesus from the dead ? The titles are interchangeably used. To try to systematize the revelation completely is what may cause confusion. But to take the pure word as the pure word is spoken is to believe that Father - Son - Holy Spirit God.

C.H. Mackintosh has a helpful note on Leviticus 2:4 in his book Notes on the Pentateuch.

As to the material, the "fine flour" may be regarded as the basis of t he offering; and in it we have a type of Christ's humanity, wherein every perfection met ... The "oil," in the meal offering, is a type of the Holy Spirit. But in as much as the oil is applied in a twofold way, so we have the Holy Spirit presented in a double aspect in connection with the incarnation of the Son.

[my spacing]

The fine flour was "mingled" with oil, and there was oil "poured" upon it. Such was the type; and in the antitype, we see the blessed Lord Jesus Christ first "concieved" and then "anointed" by the Holy Spirit, (Compare Matt 1:18-23 with 3:16) This is divine! The accuracy which is here so apparent draws forth the soul's admiration.

[ Copied by hand from "The Testimony of Church History Regarding the Mystery of the Mingling of God and Man" by Bill Freeman, Stream Publishers, pg. 10, my bolding]

Bill Freeman continues to quote C.H. Mackintosh on the "fine flour mingled with oil" as a type of God's incarnation in the man Jesus Christ.

The One who has detailed for us, with such amazing precision, the types and shadows of the book of Leviticus, has also given us the glorious subject thereof in the gospel narratives. The same Spirit breathes through the pages of the Old and those of the New Testament, and enables us to see how exactly the one corresponds with the other ... Most magnificent unfolding, this, of the deep secret of Christ's pure and perfect humanity - the great antitype of the "fine flour mingled with oil."

Our Man is the God Jesus.
Our God is the Man Jesus.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 May 16

Just the capital in God
Capitalisation is a translation anomaly. You think?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 May 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Whoever thought of placing Jesus Christ in a separate dispensation from Christians .. that man is his saviour. I think its a guy called John Darby.
Looks like checkbaiter isn't going to respond...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16

Checkbaiter, what is the name of your saviour?
I just answered that above... Jesus
But I already know where you are going...
I can't look it up right now but it's the verse that says God our savior?
I would have to say God is our savior because it was his idea in the first place .
In other words God was the originator.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 May 16

I would have to say God is our savior because it was his idea in the first place .
Somewhere in Jeremiah. Its about God being the saviour of Israel or also called the hope of Israel.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 May 16

Looks like checkbaiter isn't going to respond...
Well the man is moving house. I would say that he is quite active in spite of that. Maybe he just moving across the street.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 May 16
1 edit

So Jehovah is not your saviour?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16

Well the man is moving house. I would say that he is quite active in spite of that. Maybe he just moving across the street.
Actually about 15 miles and when I take a break, I try to respond. It was disaster closing, the seller s attorney was an hour late and didn't have a key for us... Tomorrow the movers come. I hate moving.
This is no fun on an iPhone.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 May 16

So Jehovah is not your saviour?
Sure, God is my savior through Jesus Christ.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 May 16

Actually about 15 miles and when I take a break, I try to respond. It was disaster closing, the seller s attorney was an hour late and didn't have a key for us... Tomorrow the movers come. I hate moving.
This is no fun on an iPhone.
I have probably moved about 20 times in my adult life .. could be fun sometimes ..🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 May 16

Sure, God is my savior through Jesus Christ.
I would rather say it how it is stated here:

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. (1 John 4:14 KJV)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 May 16

I have probably moved about 20 times in my adult life .. could be fun sometimes ..🙂
I have too but getting too old for this stuff

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 May 16

But when Jesus came to earth He did not come leaving this originator in heaven.

He came "from with" the Father. And the Father did not leave Him alone to come apart from Himself.

" And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him." (John 8:29)

The Originator came with Him and is in Him.

" But even if I do judge, My judgment is true, for I am not alone, but I and the Father who sent Me." (John 8:16)

The Father was judging in the Son's judging for the Father is in the Son and has not left Him alone though He did send the Son.

" Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works." (John 14:10)

The Originator, the Father who sent Jesus was in Jesus, judging in the judgment of Jesus, working in the speaking of Jesus. It is not wonder that Jesus says that He and His Father will therefore come to make an abode with His lovers (John 14:23) .

Because this mingling and organic union is so utterly profound Jesus says that if we cannot believe that He is in the Father and the Father in Him, believe regardless because of the works that He does.

"Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves." (v.11)