1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 11:39
    No waste. This is still valid:

Confession will remove the blockages in your heart. Then the flow of the Holy Spirit can began to flow like a river.

The river will change you and nothing BUT the river of the Holy Spirit CAN change a man.

This is the last post I will post to you this evening. But if you have difficulty knowing what to pray, open your bible to Psalm 51 as if David's prayer is exactly your own.

Pray with Psalm 51 if you do not know what to say to Jesus Christ.

I will be disappointed if you and some of the other skeptics have faked this conversation. And if I find that this is a fabricated turn of your heart, I will not feel foolish. The lose will not be mine because the advice is good regardless.

You may not want to pay the cost. But Jesus Christ is the Only one who is absolute for God. You have to touch Jesus Christ. He will be your willingness. This is the secret - Christ as your EVERYTHING.

You tell Him - "Lord I do not want to pay any price. But YOU Lord Jesus are able to be for the Father's will. I lay my hands upon You. I identify with You. I join myself to you to take you as all that I need."
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 12:192 edits
    Notice the depth of misunderstanding about salvation displayed by the prankster. He said that God wanted him to change before he could come to Him.

In regards to this misunderstanding of salvation I submit the famous hymn - Just As I Am -as if we could do anything to save ourselves:

Just as I am, without one plea,
    But that Thy blood was shed for me.
    And that Thou bid'st me come to Thee,
    O Lamb of God, I come! I come!

Just as I am, and waiting not
    To rid my soul of one dark blot;
    To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
    O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Just as I am, though tossed about
    With many a conflict, many a doubt;
    Fightings within, and fears without,

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
    Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
    Yes, all I need, in Thee to find,

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
    Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
    Because Thy promise I believe,

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
    Has broken every barrier down;
    Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 12:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The prominent proponents of this doctrine here on this Forum are...

sonship, FreakyKBH, KingOnPoint, Grampy Bobby and... who else?

Who are the regular Christian posters who dissent from this doctrine, apart from yourself? *

* I am aware that robbie carrobie refers to his supposed "works" an awful lot but have never been entirely sure whether it is just his vanity ~ as it seems to be - or a doctrinal matter.
    Robbie, Galveston, ThinkofOne. Pudgenik, have placed works in my opinion in its proper place. Both faith and works are essential. In fact they go together.

Divegeester, Checkbaiter, RJHinds, RBhill are the other faith only proponents.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 12:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Martin Luther about 500 years ago started it. To do so he had to focus on a few passages by Paul and ignore Jesus Christ, James and John. In particular he did not like James for saying that faith without works is dead, and made some very derogatory remarks about James.

In the last few decades or so this kind of doctrine is what people want to hear because ...[text shortened]... churches and the pockets of the pastors .. but according to Jesus its a sure road to damnation.
    Martin Luther about 500 years ago started it.

God started it in the inspired word of Genesis 15:6.

"And he [Abraham] believed God, and He accounted it to him as righteousness."
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 12:56
    Originally posted by sonship
    Martin Luther about 500 years ago started it.

God started it in the inspired word of [b]Genesis 15:6

"And he [Abraham] believed God, and He accounted it to him as righteousness."[/b]
    And then continued it, as Paul illustrated in Ephesians 2:

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
    not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
    For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 14:57
    Originally posted by sonship
    Notice the depth of misunderstanding about salvation displayed by the prankster.
    That was deliberate. It was an invitation for you to steer me back in the right direction.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 15:03
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Superb. I am such a gullible idiot!

Penguin.
    You're a good sport to admit it.

I was almost waiting for an atheist to jump in there and try to bring me back to reason. None took the bait. 🙂
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 15:05
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

I was almost waiting for an atheist to jump in there and try to bring me back to reason. None took the bait. 🙂
    They knew that once you tasted the goodness of God's truth, there'd be no turning back for you.

Pity you play the fool, instead.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 15:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    They knew that once you tasted the goodness of God's truth, there'd be no turning back for you.

Pity you play the fool, instead.
    That's why threads like this work so well. You theists are convinced that we are all secretly theists inside. You are unable, or unwilling, to acknowledge that we have searched for truth as fervently as you have, even though we have not reached the same conclusion.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 18:10

If your testimony to hearing voices had persisted beyond April 1, perhaps providing some references regarding the onset of schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders might have been in order. 😵
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 18:53
    That's why threads like this work so well. You theists are convinced that we are all secretly theists inside. You are unable, or unwilling, to acknowledge that we have searched for truth as fervently as you have, even though we have not reached the same conclusion.
    While you atheists just simply can't be trusted to tell the truth.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 19:04
    You athiests are far to clever for the likes of us. Just take pity on us rather than ridicule us. It sure beats being thrown to the lions.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 21:42
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    While you atheists just simply can't be trusted to tell the truth.
    It must really burn you that even RBHILL got it and you didn't. 🙂
  14. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 22:45

I had completely forgotten the date and did nearly say something.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 23:10
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I had completely forgotten the date and did nearly say something.
    Seemed to me that your spontaneous reply was without guile, cleverness or an agenda which from you I've come to expect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree