1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 23:57
    LemonJello,
    How will you be given eternal life? Do you believe that you can be good enough for God to be given eternal life on your own merit?

As for my getting a grip, it isn't about what I feel. Your soul's existence is what is important. I am concerned about your soul.
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 23:591 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Contradicting yourself is hardly an answer.
    Why would you do that?
    How does anyone know which is your real answer?
    Do you?

How often do you have these bouts of confusion?
    Are you on medication?

Take care of yourself.
    Would you tell me how I can contradicting myself? I want to help people.

As for SwissGambit sinning by his joke. His joke was against God. However, I will not say that I know all the ways that SwissGambit sinned against God with his joke. There may be more than one way that SwissGambit sinned against God for all I know.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 00:04
    FMF,
    You Typed
    =======
    It was you who judged SwissGambit on "God's" behalf not me. But you retracted it now, or something, right
    =======

I am unaware of all of the past situation. However, I do not retract that SwissGambit sinned with his joking. However, I will not say that I have the ability to judge accurately as God sees sin. And it isn't my judgement of SwissGambit that matters eternally.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 16:44
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    LemonJello,
    How will you be given eternal life? Do you believe that you can be good enough for God to be given eternal life on your own merit?

As for my getting a grip, it isn't about what I feel. Your soul's existence is what is important. I am concerned about your soul.

Is it not an entailment of your very own position (owing to your own conception of 'soul' ) that I have eternal life regardless? Is the "soul" not immortal on your view, regardless? So, you're not worried about whether or not God will grant me eternal life: according to your own position, He already has. You're just worried that my eternal life will be spent in hell, where life conditions supposedly generally suck, as opposed to heaven.

If so, thanks for your concern. Regrettably, though, it is a waste of your time and an unnecessary stress on your conscience, since there are no good reasons to be concerned about this point.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 22:111 edit
    Originally posted by LemonJello

Is it not an entailment of your very own position (owing to your own conception of 'soul' ) that I have eternal life regardless? Is the "soul" not immortal on your view, regardless? So, you're not worried ...[text shortened]... ary stress on your conscience, since there are no good reasons to be concerned about this point.
    LemonJello,
    From the stand point of God in the bible, there is a 2nd death. In a human sense, you will "exist" eternally, but who says that it will be "life." Since the bible tells that death and hell will be cast into the lake of fire, it is not existence in hell forever, but existence in the lake of fire that is associated with the 2nd death.

Don't depend on your own value to get you anywhere eternally or even humanly. It must be done for you just like it is for everyone else when it comes to God's rule over you.

King James Version
    ===============
    Titus 3: 5
    Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The Revelation 20: 14
    And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Romans 2: 4-6
    Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree