1. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 19:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    The rolling of the eyes means someone is a moron.

I never left rolling eyeballs for anyone talking to me here.
    I think it is trollish and a mark of immaturity.
    But telling someone you know what he is thinking better than he does himself because the Bible told you so is OK?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 19:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its the sort of thing that gets made up by people like you who don't care too much about the facts but wish to prove the claims of the Bible. They look for a famous rich figure then make up a deathbed story that fits whatever they are trying to prove. Then other gullible people pass it on as fact. Happens all the time.
    I think you need to keep this in mi ...[text shortened]... beliefs. It is always easy to find confirmation, especially if you don't scrutinize it too hard.
    More false accusation.
    More wishful thinking.

Face it. People do die sorrowing. Sorry.
    People do die looking back over their lives wondering why they never seemed to find what life was all about.

People die regretting the way they lived.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 19:39
    On every subject practically, in every aspect, from every angle, you can be expected to immediately endevour to correct a theist.
    Yes, I correct errors when I see them, theist or otherwise. I do not spend a lot of time responding to things I agree with, there is hardly any point is there? But I do learn from others, and try to understand their point of view, rather than dictating to them what their point of view is because some book told me so.

Yes, I typically don't believe much of what you say, and if the post is too long and too preachy, I don't read half of it.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 19:41
    More false accusation.
    More wishful thinking.

Face it. People do die sorrowing. Sorry.
    People do die looking back over their lives wondering why they never seemed to find what life was all about.

People die regretting the way they lived.
    More false accusation. More wishful thinking.

That sums up your 'Armchair Psychology' on atheists.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 19:41
    More false accusation.
    Please point out what was a false accusation. I don't think my post contained any accusations directed at you. I do think the Alexander story is made up - not by you. I do think you would have done well to check that before using it, or believing it.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 19:421 edit
    But telling someone you know what he is thinking better than he does himself because the Bible told you so is OK?
    General statements about man as a whole stated by the Bible can be taken seriously.

It certainly can be trusted that some people hold down the truth of God unrighteously and in a none thanking way.

Have you thanked a possible God for anything, even if you are not sure that such a God exists ? Just in case did you ever look back and say "If you are there, I just want to say, at least, thank you for this or that."

If the thought of this appalls you then maybe you should reconsider that I said the atheist's deepest problem is that he hates God.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 19:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    Matthew 12:36&37

[b]"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
    For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

Or perhaps;

Matthew 21:16
    "Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected prais ...[text shortened]... rt bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."[/b]
    First quote is faith-specific

Second quote is not wise.

Third quote ... I'll give it a 5/10
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    Please point out what was a false accusation. I don't think my post contained any accusations directed at you. I do think the Alexander story is made up - not by you. I do think you would have done well to check that before using it, or believing it.
    I don't care for facts.

I never believed anything poster wolfgang59 ever said.

False accusations.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    General statements about man as a whole stated by the Bible can be taken seriously.

It certainly can be trusted that some people hold down the truth of God unrighteously and in a none thanking way.

Have you thanked a possible God for anything, even if you are not sure that such a God exists ? Just in case did you ever look back and say ...[text shortened]... then maybe you should reconsider that I said the atheist's deepest problem is that he hates God.
    I said the atheist's deepest problem is that he hates God.

are there anythings you do not believe exist that you hate?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 19:46
    Yes, I correct errors when I see them, theist or otherwise. I do not spend a lot of time responding to things I agree with, there is hardly any point is there? But I do learn from others, and try to understand their point of view, rather than dictating to them what their point of view is because some book told me so.

Yes, I typically don't believe much of what you say, and if the post is too long and too preachy, I don't read half of it.

That is because you hate God, And I tell you about God.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 19:54

No, it's because you more often than waffle on about incoherent nonsense that has zero bearing on what is being discussed. It has nothing to do with 'hating God', but your spamming babble.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 20:11
    There is a big difference between 'some people...' and announcing that I personally must think a certain way because the Bible says so and then saying I am a liar if I assure you that I do no think exactly as dictated by the Bible.

Have you thanked a possible God for anything, even if you are not sure that such a God exists ?
    When I was younger, yes, but not in a long long time.

If the thought of this appalls you then maybe you should reconsider that I said the atheist's deepest problem is that he hates God.
    It doesn't appall me. It doesn't appeal to me either. It just seems like a useless thing to do.
    So do you believe me, or do you believe I am lying?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 20:12

What Proper Knob said.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 20:31
    Funny thing. I didn't even read your post.
    I do not believe you.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 20:34
    The rolling of the eyes means someone is a moron.
    No. It means they are perplexed.
    Usually by some idiotic post which could be from a moron.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree