1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:33
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you forgive homosexuals for engaging in sexual relationships? Do you forgive Suzianne for being more tolerant and forgiving of homosexuals than you appear to be?
    I don't need to forgive them. They have not trespassed against me. Neither has Suzi trespassed against me. They trespass against God.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:35
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    What is the relevance of this post?
    Please explain.
    I figured a thread about Jesus' words should contain Jesus' words.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:41
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I figured a thread about Jesus' words should contain Jesus' words.
    How thoughtful, but this thread is asking if those words would matter if Jesus did NOT exist.

Your reply earlier was that not only does it matter that Jesus existed, but that He is God too. Maybe non-trinitarians would disagree with you.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:43
    I don't need to forgive homosexuals . They have not trespassed against me.
    If they haven't trespassed against you why have you been aiming so much hateful invective at them on this forum and the Debates Forum for so many years?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:45
    If they haven't trespassed against you why have you been aiming so much hateful invective at them on this forum and the Debates Forum for so many years?
    You mean why am I relaying God's truth?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:56
    You mean why am I relaying God's truth?
    Do you feel instructed by your god to express your hatred towards them in public?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:561 edit
    Thanks KellyJay.
    I am trying to figure out if anyone other than ThinkOfOne thinks that the words of Jesus would matter.....without Jesus.

I am having much trouble with that 'rogue theory', as I call it.
    John 6
    63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life
    It's the words that "are spirit and are life".

"God is reaching down to man to lift him up" via the words and the concepts behind the words.

"Accept[ing] Him into their lives" entails being true to the words and the concepts behind the words. .
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:58
    Matthew 6

14 For if you forgive [h]others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive [i]others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.
    Has John McCain trespassed against you? And if so, have you forgiven him?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 05:00
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    John 6
    63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; [b]the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life

It's the words that "are spirit and are life".

"God is reaching down to man to lift him up" via the words and the concepts behind the words.

"Accept[ing] Him into their lives" entails being true to the words and the concepts behind the words. .[/b]
    "The words I have spoken" (said by Jesus).

How can you possibly quote Jesus? If He didn't exist, then His words are meaningless.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 05:01
    "The words I have spoken" (said by Jesus).

How can you possibly quote Jesus? If He didn't exist, then His words are meaningless.
    How can they be "meaningless" when it's the words that "are spirit and are life"?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 05:03
    Do you feel instructed by your god to express your hatred towards them in public?
    Expressing truth is hatred? Telling someone not to play on the freeway is hatred?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 05:04
    Has John McCain trespassed against you? And if so, have you forgiven him?
    Yes and yes, but that doesn't mean I hope he meets God and soon.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 05:05
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    How can they be "meaningless" when it's the words that "are spirit and are life"?
    I think you are wrong here.

If Bob is really the guy who wrote these words, and Jesus was a lie, then the words are a lie.

Why will you NOT understand what I am saying?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 05:11
    Expressing truth is hatred? Telling someone not to play on the freeway is hatred?
    Yes I mean expressing hatred. I can't ever remember you talking about homosexuals in a 'they shouldn't play on the freeway kind of way'. Are you confident you always embody the intended spirit of "the words of Jesus" here. For example, do you love John McCain even as you wish he dies soon?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 05:141 edit
    I think you are wrong here.

If Bob is really the guy who wrote these words, and Jesus was a lie, then the words are a lie.

Why will you NOT understand what I am saying?
    You are illogically conflating the existence of Jesus with the truth of the words attributed to Him.

Just as it would be illogical to conflate the existence of Albert Einstein with the truth of the words attributed to him.

You seemed to understand this and then you subsequently seemed unable to separate the existence of the person from the words attributed to the person. The words and the concepts behind the words exist even without the person.

From what I can tell, this is because you still buy into the mythology even though you find the mythology "absurd".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree