1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 23:52
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I find it hard to believe that if you remove Jesus from the equation, that the words attributed to Him would have the same merit. This would also remove the crucifixion and resurrection.
    For someone who finds the mythology wrapped around the words of Jesus "absurd", you somehow still seem to be buying into it.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 23:54
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    For someone who finds the mythology wrapped around the words of Jesus "absurd", you somehow still seem to be buying into it.
    It's this 'rogue theory' that's bugging me.

Let's at least agree upon the existence of Jesus before we decide if we will follow His teachings.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 23:57

Let's at least agree upon the existence of Jesus before we decide if we will follow His teachings.

Do you mean because it's a "rogue theory" or something else?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 00:01
    [b]It's this 'rogue theory' that's bugging me.

Do you mean because it's a "rogue theory" or something else?[/b]
    Because I cannot figure out why you think it's okay if it were determined that Jesus never existed, and yet, would place any real value on words that are not His.

Do you understand? They would NOT be His words, but words of fiction.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 00:05
    Because I cannot figure out why you think it's okay if it were determined that Jesus never existed, and yet, would place any real value on words that are not His.

Do you understand? They would NOT be His words, but words of fiction.
    You didn't answer this when I posted it in the other thread. Can you answer it now?
    Let's say that Albert Einstein never existed. Let's also say that a group of physicists worked out the theory of relativity and had published it under the name "Albert Einstein".

Would the theory of relativity be any less relevant?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 00:11
    You didn't answer this when I posted it in the other thread. Can you answer it now?
    Let's say that Albert Einstein never existed. Let's also say that a group of physicists worked out the theory of relativity and had published it under the name "Albert Einstein".

Would the theory of relativity be any less relevant?
    No, the theory would not be less relevant. But here's the difference:

The words and teachings of Jesus were personal. It involves a relationship between a person, Jesus and God. If you remove Jesus, and insert some guy named Bob, it loses its meaning, because Jesus Himself was relevant to what He was saying, unlike Einstein and his theory.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 00:21
    No, the theory would not be less relevant. But here's the difference:

The words and teachings of Jesus were personal. It involves a relationship between a person, Jesus and God. If you remove Jesus, and insert some guy named Bob, it loses its meaning, because Jesus Himself was relevant to what He was saying, unlike Einstein and his theory.
    So you understand that it's the words and the concepts behind the words that are of importance.

You didn't respond to this when I posted it in the other thread. Can you answer it now?
    Jesus wanted His followers to become "one" with God as He was "one" with God. That was the "relationship". What do you think it means to be "one" with God?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 00:26
    So you understand that it's the words and the concepts behind the words that are of importance.

You didn't respond to this when I posted it in the other thread. Can you answer it now?
    Jesus wanted His followers to become "one" with God as He was "one" with God. That was the "relationship". What do you think it means to be "one" with God?
    If I didn't answer it, it's because it doesn't make sense.

If it's determined that Jesus never existed, then anything that starts with "Jesus wanted", or "Jesus said", becomes in itself irrelevant.

HIS words have no merit without Him.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 00:30

If it's determined that Jesus never existed, then anything that starts with "Jesus wanted", or "Jesus said", becomes in itself irrelevant.

Just as Albert Einstein's words have no merit without him?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 01:57

I am impressed chaney3, its all about Jesus and there are those that accept Him into their
    lives, and I mean that quite literally. Without the Son, you don't get the Father.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 02:24
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I am impressed chaney3, its all about Jesus and there are those that accept Him into their
    lives, and I mean that quite literally. Without the Son, you don't get the Father.
    Thanks KellyJay.
    I am trying to figure out if anyone other than ThinkOfOne thinks that the words of Jesus would matter.....without Jesus.

I am having much trouble with that 'rogue theory', as I call it.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 02:301 edit
    Thanks KellyJay.
    I am trying to figure out if anyone other than ThinkOfOne thinks that the words of Jesus would matter.....without Jesus.

I am having much trouble with that 'rogue theory', as I call it.
    Its an empty faith that goes no higher than mankind's happy thoughts.
    While Jesus being the Son of God means God is reaching down to man to lift him up.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:18
    Matthew 6

14 For if you forgive [h]others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive [i]others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:26
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Matthew 6

14 For if you forgive [h]others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive [i]others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.
    What is the relevance of this post?
    Please explain.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 04:31
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Matthew 6

Do you forgive homosexuals for engaging in sexual relationships? Do you forgive Suzianne for being more tolerant and forgiving of homosexuals than you appear to be?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree