1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:181 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    What boggles the mind is how you can understand the concept when it comes to the words attributed to Einstein, but seemingly can't when it comes to the words attributed to Jesus.
    Einstein didn't claim to have been the firstborn of all creation. Neither did he claim to be the son of God, neither did he allegedly heal the sick or turn water into wine.

Your Einstein argument is silly.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:21
    But if Einstein never existed, would the words attributed to him be any less true?
    Einstine was a physicist who worked with repeatable mathematical principles. The words of Jesus are largely dealing metaphysical concepts and his actions are not repeatable. You are making yourself look even more silly than you are in your childish exchanges with FMF.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:24
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    No he isn't. What "truth" is there in the following statements if Jesus didn't exist:

"I and the father are one"

"When you have seen me you have seen the father"

"Lazarus, come forth"

"I am about my father's business"

"Unless a man be born again he cannot enter the kingdom of God"

"Go and son no more"

Etc
    Not sure what point you're trying to make. Why don't you explicitly state it rather than ask me questions?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:25
    The spirit of truth and the life of truth exist whether or not Jesus actually existed.
    I only have your word for that.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:26
    Einstine was a physicist who worked with repeatable mathematical principles. The words of Jesus are largely dealing metaphysical concepts and his actions are not repeatable. You are making yourself look even more silly than you are in your childish exchanges with FMF.
    His statement that the words of Jesus mattered more than the existence of Jesus puzzled me.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:27
    Not sure what point you're trying to make. Why don't you explicitly state it rather than ask me questions?
    Now you're just being silly again. Are you going to be like this forever or is it a phase?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:291 edit
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    His statement that the words of Jesus mattered more than the existence of Jesus puzzled me.
    I think ideas such as, "love your neighbour as yourself" are sound enough to be universal. So is "blessed are the peacemakers" but I'm not sure about "for they (the meek) shall inherit the earth". The later statement is meaningless unless Jesus was who he claimed to be.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:30
    Now you're just being silly again. Are you going to be like this forever or is it a phase?
    You are unable to articulate your point? Interesting
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:33
    "Unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins" - Jesus.

If Jesus wasn't who he claimed to be then he was a liar and most of his words are meaningless ramblings.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:351 edit
    You are unable to articulate your point? Interesting
    I think my point has been made clearly and several times over maybe a dozen posts. If you can round up a couple of other posters who also feel that I'm not articulating my point, then perhaps I will attempt to clarify it.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:41
    The existence of Jesus only matters to those who buy into the mythology of Jesus that the NT writers wrapped around His core teachings. His core teachings are those that explain eternal truths such as what is and is not righteous. These are what are of importance and are not dependent on whether or not Jesus existed.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:43
    I think my point has been made clearly and several times over maybe a dozen posts. If you can round up a couple of other posters who also feel that I'm not articulating my point, then perhaps I will attempt to clarify it.
    I was asking about the point of that specific post. As I was replying to that specific post, why do you seem to not understand this?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:44
    A commendably lucid chaney3 has run rings round ThinkOfOne on this one.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:48
    "The words I have spoken" (said by Jesus).

How can you possibly quote Jesus? If He didn't exist, then His words are meaningless.
    The words carry real weight due to the speaker (the real much alive speaker), if not than
    Bob's words carry the weight, so does Burt's and Ernie, and everyone else who has
    words. None would have no more weight than the next, some will follow his words, others
    their words, like a word make it your own, accept it or reject it.

When the Son of God speaks, He does so as the Son of God, when someone writer of
    fiction writes out the words for someone made it, we can turn the page, put the book down
    and never pick it up again, it doesn't matter its a work of fiction.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree