1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 07:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes, lets consider that. Are you telling us that the Chinese, and the Sumerians, had civilizations before the flood, got wiped out in a global flood, and then Noahs descendants managed to travel back to these locations and found new civilizations with similar cultures and languages as those that were there before?
    Or are you saying that the flood was pri ...[text shortened]... ilizations? Wouldn't that contradict the Bible which mentions civilizations prior to the flood?
    The Holy Bible says there was only one civilization speaking one language
    before the flood. The tower of Babel and the dividing of the languages
    and the establishment of different civilizations came after the flood.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 08:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You might as well ask why there is any human traces of DNA in the human gnome, so called Neanderthals are human not simian and this is about as tenuous as it gets for the materialist, no empiric evidence other than speculative attempts to utilise why a branch of humanity has passed on its genetic make-up, isn't that what the genes supposed to do? Pe ...[text shortened]... idence is, are we talking whole skeletal structures or a couple of teeth and a lower jaw bone ?
    Again, how do you reconcile the fact that Neanderthal DNA, they died out around 27,000 years ago, has been found in the human genome?

How did their DNA get into our genome if they were extinct before we were created?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:115 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Again, how do you reconcile the fact that Neanderthal DNA, they died out around 27,000 years ago, has been found in the human genome?

How did their DNA get into our genome if they were extinct before we were created?
    27,000 years on the basis of what empiric evidence? a couple of teeth dug up from a
    quarry somewhere and a DNA sample taken, synthesised in a lab somewhere,
    plueeeze! i would like to introduce exhibit a your honour, a piece of sampled DNA held
    to have kept its integrity since 25,000 BC, please not the similarities to the human
    gnome. Again you have failed to state how extensive your empiric evidence is. Whole
    skeletons or some fragments of teeth and scull. If its not very extensive how do we
    account for yet another anomaly?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:161 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Aren't you paying attention? Its genes not fossils.
    well duh, where do you think a sample of Neanderthal DNA was sampled from so as to
    make a comparison with the human gnome?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:26
    27,000 years on the basis of what empiric evidence? a couple of teeth dug up from a
    quarry somewhere and a DNA sample taken, synthesised in a lab somewhere,
    plueeeze! i would like to introduce exhibit a your honour, a piece of sampled DNA held
    to have kept its integrity since 25,000 BC, please not the similarities to the human
    gnome. Again y ...[text shortened]... ents of teeth and scull. If its not very extensive how do we
    account for yet another anomaly?
    I'm not sure what you're saying here?! Are you saying there is no Neanderthal DNA in the human genome?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:29
    I'm not sure what you're saying here?! Are you saying there is no Neanderthal DNA in the human genome?
    no i am questioning the empiric evidence, from where was it gleaned, how extensive
    was it, under what circumstances was it gathered etc etc.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:30
    no i am questioning the empiric evidence, from where was it gleaned, how extensive
    was it, under what circumstances was it gathered etc etc.
    Have a read -

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18869-neanderthal-genome-reveals-interbreeding-with-humans.html
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:331 edit
    And here's the peer-reviewed paper for you to cast your 'scientific eye' over -

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/328/5979/710
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:382 edits
    Have a read -

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18869-neanderthal-genome-reveals-interbreeding-with-humans.html
    A few key words and phrases spring to mind,

'This process isn't perfect', you dont say

'assuming it's the same size as the human genome', an assumption !

'Over time, though, strands of DNA break up', you dont say.

'Pääbo's team estimates', empiric science based on estimations/opinions or empiric
    scientific data?

'It's impossible to know ', you dont say.

'Archaeological evidence suggests that humans and Neanderthals overlapped for
    about 10,000 years in Europe and some fossils have even been interpreted as
    Neanderthal-human hybrids, though not all palaeoanthropologists agree on this'.

and so it goes on and on, a statement not of empirical scientific fact, but of
    postulation, estimation and opinion. Shameful!
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:41
    A few key words and phrases spring to mind,

'This process isn't perfect', you dont say

'assuming it's the same size as the human genome', an assumption !

'Over time, though, strands of DNA break up', you dont say.

'Pääbo's team estimates', empiric science based on estimations/opinions or empiric
    scientific data?

'It's impossible to ...[text shortened]... irical scientific fact, but of
    postulation, estimation and opinion. Shameful!
    So there is no Neanderthal DNA in the human genome then, that's your view?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:434 edits
    So there is no Neanderthal DNA in the human genome then, that's your view?
    the clincher,

Can we trace any human traits back to Neanderthals?

Probably not.

Some researchers had hypothesised that some human genes, including one involved in
    brain development, originated from interbreeding with Neanderthals, but Pääbo's team
    found no evidence for this

hypothesised dear PK, what is this? empiric science or religion and magic?
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:45
    the clincher,

Can we trace any human traits back to Neanderthals?

Probably not.

Some researchers had hypothesised that some human genes, including one involved in
    brain development, originated from interbreeding with Neanderthals, but Pääbo's team
    found no evidence for this

hypothesised dear PK, what is this? empiric science or a religion?
    Yes or no Rob. Neanderthal DNA in the human genome?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:52
    Yes or no Rob. Neanderthal DNA in the human genome?
    if you read the article you will see that there occurred as little as 78 notable differences
    out of a possible ten million with human DNA, the jury is out on that one PK! Never
    the less, in view of the lack of compelling evidence, opinion masquerading as scientific
    dogma and lack of empirical scientific data, I would have to state that there is no way
    of knowing.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:031 edit
    if you read the article you will see that there occurred as little as 78 notable differences
    out of a possible ten million with human DNA, the jury is out on that one PK! Never
    the less, in view of the lack of compelling evidence, opinion masquerading as scientific
    dogma and lack of empirical scientific data, I would have to state that there is no way
    of knowing.
    What do you know about the scientific process? What do you know about sequencing a genome? Have you ever been into a scientific lab? You don't have a 'scooby-doo' with regards to the techniques involved in this research. You are a self confessed 'closed minded' 'ignorant' person, your words not mine, when it comes to any science that contradicts your religious views. Here you are glibly dismissing the work of 50+ global professional scientists because it contradicts what they told you at the Kingdom Hall. I would say it was unbelievable but it's the standard norm from you and it's what i've come to expect.

So the question still remains as thus, the scientific view point is that there is Neanderthal DNA in the human genome. Do you accept that this is the case, yes or no?

Here's the actual paper that was published, maybe you could read through it and point out where in the process the researchers went wrong. I'm sure Dr Green, the author of the study, would be most delighted to here from you and would love to have his errors corrected, his email address is linked on the paper.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/328/5979/710.full#aff-1
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:12
    What do you know about the scientific process? What do you know about sequencing a genome? Have you ever been into a scientific lab? You don't have a 'scooby-doo' with regards to the techniques involved in this research. You are a self confessed 'closed minded' 'ignorant' person, your words not mine, when it comes to any science that contradicts your rel ...[text shortened]... is linked on the paper.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/328/5979/710.full#aff-1
    so the best you have is an ad hominen, sweet! one more materialistic myth busted,
    neeeext!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree