1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so the best you have is an ad hominen, sweet! one more materialistic myth busted,
    neeeext!
    I remember you confessing to being "closed minded" and an "ignorant" person when it comes to any science that contradicts your religious views, and as Proper Knob says, they were your words and not his. For him to quote you now in this way cannot be called an "ad hominen", robbie.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:16
    so the best you have is an ad hominen, sweet! one more materialistic myth busted,
    neeeext!
    I'm merely pointing out the arrogant delusion that is your position.

Are you going to answer the question i've asked three times now?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    I remember you confessing to being "closed minded" and an "ignorant" person when it comes to any science that contradicts your religious views, and as Proper Knob says, they were your words and not his. For him to quote you now in this way cannot be called an "ad hominen", robbie.
    its not about me!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:17
    its not about me!
    You being "closed minded" certainly is. You admitting to being "closed minded" certainly is.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:191 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm merely pointing out the arrogant delusion that is your position.

Are you going to answer the question i've asked three times now?
    arrogant? my man, relax there with the adjectives, its not about me, i was merely
    drawing attention to the language in the article that you posted and the impression that
    it gave of empiric scientific data when it was clear after reading that the vast majority
    of it was opinion and speculation, i still say there is no way of knowing anything for a
    certainty in this regard.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:211 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You being "closed minded" certainly is. You admitting to being "closed minded" certainly is.
    well i now retract the statement in its entirety and all past present and future
    inaccuracies of statement, there that should cover all cast ups from the past.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:28
    arrogant? my man, relax there with the adjectives, its not about me, i was merely
    drawing attention to the language in the article that you posted and the impression that
    it gave of empiric scientific data when it was clear after reading that the vast majority
    of it was opinion and speculation. , i still say there is no way of knowing anything for a
    It is about you. It's about you and your dismissal of anything which contradicts your religious views. It's about you and your glib dismissal of the work of 50 scientists from around the globe when you have absolutely no idea about the work and the techniques involved in that work. It is about you and your views concerning the ramifications of the data these scientists obtained. It is most definitely about you Rob.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:371 edit
    of it was opinion and speculation, i still say there is no way of knowing anything for a
    Will you still consider these techniques 'opinion and speculation' when in the future geneticists begin to save peoples lives from terrible diseases?!
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:38
    well i now retract the statement in its entirety and all past present and future
    inaccuracies of statement, there that should cover all cast ups from the past.
    You can't retract it, it's there laid bare for all to see and for it to be brought up when needs be. Retract it?! 😞
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:44
    It is about you. It's about you and your dismissal of anything which contradicts your religious views. It's about you and your glib dismissal of the work of 50 scientists from around the globe when you have absolutely no idea about the work and the techniques involved in that work. It is about you and your views concerning the ramifications of the data these scientists obtained. It is most definitely about you Rob.
    its absolutely nothing to do with me!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:451 edit
    Will you still consider these techniques 'opinion and speculation' when in the future geneticists begin to save peoples lives from terrible diseases?!
    emotional blackmail!😲
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 10:46
    You can't retract it, it's there laid bare for all to see and for it to be brought up when needs be. Retract it?! 😞
    i have retracted it and that is that, this ad hominen cannot be used against me when I
    am busting materialistic mythologies evah evah evah evah again
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 11:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes it was sudden. Even the evolutionary scientists admit it was sudden.
    They call it the Cambrian Explosion.

http://www.discovery.org/articleFiles/PDFs/Cambrian.pdf
    When geologists say sudden they dont mean blinding light type sudden; they mean, "with the Cambrian explosion itself occurring within a 20 to 40 million
    year window during the lower Cambrian period." type sudden!
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 12:14
    i have retracted it and that is that, this ad hominen cannot be used against me when I
    am busting materialistic mythologies evah evah evah evah again
    Rob you've busted nothing, absolutely nothing. You've merely exposed your arrogant delusion towards science brought on by your cognitive dissonance. As for retracting the statement, sorry retraction not accepted.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 12:27
    emotional blackmail!😲
    No blackmail, it just exposes the complete bias you have towards which scientific disciplines and resulting evidence you accept and which you glibly dismiss. The techniques used in the study i linked resulted in data which conflicted with your Biblical worldview, the resulting cognitive dissonance needed to harmonize the two would have probably blown your head clean off it's shoulders. Dismissing all of it is just plain easier. But when in a few years the techniques used in this study start to save peoples lives that of course will be okay and a good thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree