1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 17:12
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    The fundamentals of evolution denies God! It conflicts with the Bible! Ask yourself this...
    1. Did God create Adam or did evolution?
    2. God took one of Adams' ribs and created Eve, did He really or did the Bible lie as evolution created Eve?
    3. If we were made in the image of God, and Jesus was made in the image of God, God would not have had that image taken on another effect
    as it makes no sense why.
    I'm not a theist, but I see no reason why a theist can't believe in evolution.

So, if I pretend to be a theist for a moment, the answers to the questions are:

1) God created Adam through the process of evolution.
    2) The story of the rib is not literal, but rather an indication that Eve was created through the same process as Adam. The Bible is not 'lying', but speaking in figurative language. The part where God breathes life into dust and creates Adam is figurative also. There was not a literal pile of dust that became Adam.
    3) I don't understand the question. What does it mean that "God would not have had that image taken(sic) on another effect". What other effect, exactly?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 17:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is no knowledge in evolution as to how these created kinds suddenly originated.
    That's because it wasn't 'sudden' - as I understand it, the process takes lots of time.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 18:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]You say, "Evolutionary theory deals mainly with how life changed after
    its origin." But since evolutionists do not understand how life started,
    they have made wrong assumptions that invalidates the whole theory.
    nothing of the sort is even remotely accurate. the rest of your post is based on this false premise and can be summarily dismissed.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 21:182 edits
    Originally posted by Barts
    You talk about the folly of limiting your search for truth, while dismissing the work of tens of thousands of biologists because it contradicts a 2000 year old book. I could find better people to teach that message.
    We are talking of the teaching of Jesus Christ and attempts to reconcile a materialistic
    ideology with those teachings, how the age of the Bible has any relevance to this I
    cannot say, it appears to me to be practically irrelevant. Indeed what is it which makes
    those people better? that they have ignored the actual teaching of Jesus and
    supplanted it with a purely materialistic ideology which has no basis in scripture, good
    luck to you for you'll need it. Better people???, what an ultra maroon!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 21:241 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So says the man who thinks humans have only been on the planet 6,000 years and who also believes that the human race was reduced to 8 people around 3,000 years ago. Yet you talk about 'anomalies'?!
    lets consider the empirical evidence, shall we, no known civilisations beyond 4000/5000
    the oldest considered to be Sumerian? no known written historical data beyond 4000
    years, no known art beyond an estimated ten thousand years, yet we are told that
    humans have existed for how long? 100,000/ 80,000 years? why the anomaly, oh thats
    right, civilisations didn't exist and therefore there was no need to write things down,
    yet the ancient Sumerians did that, but nothing before them for 80,000 years and then
    suddenly we need to write things down, not buying it PK!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 22:191 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why dont you address the points he was making rather than mocking the post?
    Are you trying to kid me as well?

RJ has consistently refused to give me any straight answers to my sincere questions for a while now.
    Why would I think that he would be any different now if I did address his points in his post?
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 22:23
    lets consider the empirical evidence, shall we, no known civilisations beyond 4000/5000
    the oldest considered to be Sumerian? no known written historical data beyond 4000
    years, no known art beyond an estimated ten thousand years, yet we are told that
    humans have existed for how long? 100,000/ 80,000 years? why the anomaly, oh thats
    right, c ...[text shortened]... efore them for 80,000 years and then
    suddenly we need to write things down, not buying it PK!
    Explain to me how we have Neanderthal DNA in our genome if you will, how does that revelation meld with your Biblical scheme of things?
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 22:27
    why dont you address the points he was making rather than mocking the post?
    Because he's a dick!

He doesn't deserve to have his posts read. Indeed he should be grateful for any scrap of acknowledgement he can get from the rest of us.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Explain to me how we have Neanderthal DNA in our genome if you will, how does that revelation meld with your Biblical scheme of things?
    You might as well ask why there is any human traces of DNA in the human gnome, so called Neanderthals are human not simian and this is about as tenuous as it gets for the materialist, no empiric evidence other than speculative attempts to utilise why a branch of humanity has passed on its genetic make-up, isn't that what the genes supposed to do? Perhaps you might like to detail how extensive your empiric evidence is, are we talking whole skeletal structures or a couple of teeth and a lower jaw bone ?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 00:501 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Because he's a dick!

He doesn't deserve to have his posts read. Indeed he should be grateful for any scrap of acknowledgement he can get from the rest of us.
    Wow that was pretty damning Aggy dude
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 01:57
    Wow that was pretty damning Aggy dude
    They get really defensive don't they? Lol.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 06:29
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    That's because it wasn't 'sudden' - as I understand it, the process takes lots of time.
    Yes it was sudden. Even the evolutionary scientists admit it was sudden.
    They call it the Cambrian Explosion.

http://www.discovery.org/articleFiles/PDFs/Cambrian.pdf
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 06:59
    the oldest considered to be Sumerian?
    Yes, lets consider that. Are you telling us that the Chinese, and the Sumerians, had civilizations before the flood, got wiped out in a global flood, and then Noahs descendants managed to travel back to these locations and found new civilizations with similar cultures and languages as those that were there before?
    Or are you saying that the flood was prior to these 4000-5000 year old civilizations? Wouldn't that contradict the Bible which mentions civilizations prior to the flood?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 07:01
    Perhaps you might like to detail how extensive your empiric evidence is, are we talking whole skeletal structures or a couple of teeth and a lower jaw bone ?
    Aren't you paying attention? Its genes not fossils.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 07:02
    Originally posted by galveston75
    They get really defensive don't they? Lol.
    If you were being honest in that post, then you really need to reread the thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree