1. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 13:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible says there was only one civilization speaking one language
    before the flood. The tower of Babel and the dividing of the languages
    and the establishment of different civilizations came after the flood.
    So was the Chinese civilization that existed in China and spoke and wrote Chinese, at least 3000 years ago before or after the flood?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 13:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So was the Chinese civilization that existed in China and spoke and wrote Chinese, at least 3000 years ago before or after the flood?
    I already answered that question. Think man! 😏
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:30
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    No blackmail, it just exposes the complete bias you have towards which scientific disciplines and resulting evidence you accept and which you glibly dismiss. The techniques used in the study i linked resulted in data which conflicted with your Biblical worldview, the resulting cognitive dissonance needed to harmonize the two would have probably blown you ...[text shortened]... es used in this study start to save peoples lives that of course will be okay and a good thing.
    evidence??, pah, hugest biggest pile of speculation evah!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I already answered that question. Think man! 😏
    I don't think you've done that. If I am wrong, then just answer it again. Use paste and copy. You know how to do that.

I think you just avoid the question. Again. Because you don't know.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    evidence??, pah, hugest biggest pile of speculation evah!
    If that's what you need to tell yourself to keep the doubts at bay.
  6. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, it is not at all surprising that you, being a Young Earth Creationist Christian feel the need to pretend you know enough about science and biology to make all those claims about them. The fact is however, that anyone who does know some science and biology can see that you are making it up as you go along (or, as is often the case, coping it off someon ...[text shortened]... m an ape to a human.[/quote]
    Humans are apes. In this light, the above sentence makes no sense.
    you are going to have to do a bit of actual learning and try to understand
    I don't need to pretend I know evolution like you or googlefudge or the next evolutionist know, cause I don't. I am learning though and gaining knowledge, and that is not pretending. I don't have to make anything up, there is a huge difference in making it up and giving an opinion. Surely you must know the difference.
  7. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'm not a theist, but I see no reason why a theist can't believe in evolution.

So, if I pretend to be a theist for a moment, the answers to the questions are:

1) God created Adam through the process of evolution.
    2) The story of the rib is not literal, but rather an indication that Eve was created through the same process as Adam. The Bible is not ...[text shortened]... would not have had that image taken(sic) on another effect". What other effect, exactly?
    Well, some theists can believe in evolution, but for a Christian to believe there surely will, must, is a conflict...right?
  8. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:50
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    That's because it wasn't 'sudden' - as I understand it, the process takes lots of time.
    but why the sudden difference in species?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:50
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    If that's what you need to tell yourself to keep the doubts at bay.
    doubts about what? a pile of might be's, we dont really know and we cannot agree, yes
    faith shattering indeed dear PK! No empiric scientific evidence! Neeeext mythology of
    the materialist of you please.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:512 edits
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    but why the sudden difference in species?
    they claim it was through the process termed 'punctuated equilibrium', one of my
    favourite inventions of the materialist to make his theory fit the evidence! Apparently
    it was not gradual at all, but somehow, through some causation, evolution took leaps
    and bounds! whole species appearing without precedent, vertebrates for example!
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the problem that these so called theistic evolution faces is that there is no scriptural evidence
    which supports the hypothesis, in fact, the teachings of Jesus Christ are very clear that
    humans were created. What in fact has transpired to my mind is that a relegation of
    Biblical teaching has occurred and materialism has supplanted it in the g ...[text shortened]... thus anomalies exist and variations need to be 'invented', to
    take care of these anomalies.
    Good post!
  12. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:53
    Originally posted by Penguin
    [b]My findings may surprise some of you, but to the other people believing in theistic evolution, I will surprise you too.

I haven't read the rest of the thread but certainly your first post was no surprise at all!

--- Penguin.[/b]
    Why? I really want to know if you don't mind?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:55
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Good post!
    thanks i appreciate your kind words of commendation, like water in a waterless land!
  14. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 14:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If this is the reason that evolution is not true, then by the same reason there was never any creation. Why?

Because (your own wordings): "No human has actually observed the process of how life really was created".

So, congratulations, you've just proved that creationism is wrong.
    By saying "No human has actually observed the process of how life really was created" we can make the assumption that creation could also be false, it depends where you stand and how you look at it.

From where I stand, the Bible teaches us that God created life (humans, animals, plants etc etc). It is only logical that a supernatural has created life.

From where abiogenesis stands, it only disproves itself...humans making ridiculous claims of how life possible could have begin by testing this in a lab.

Big difference....
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 15:062 edits
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    When geologists say sudden they dont mean blinding light type sudden; they mean, "with the Cambrian explosion itself occurring within a 20 to 40 million
    year window during the lower Cambrian period." type sudden!
    Do you have any objection to anything that is in the refernce? It is titled

The Cambrian Explosion: Biology’s Big Bang
    by Stephen C. Meyer, P. A. Nelson, and Paul Chien

http://www.discovery.org/articleFiles/PDFs/Cambrian.pdf

P.S. You do realize those millions of years are just made up numbers
    don't you? They have exaggerated them to as far as they thought they
    could get away with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree