Theory of evolution serves Satan

Theory of evolution serves Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
20 May 11
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes buddy I think your right....Thanks.
So no rational defence of your position on Satan is coming then...ah well, I suppose the idea that your god lets this Satan fellar live is based either on a secret stash of god_kryptonite or threats on god's family made by Satan then ;]

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
20 May 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
So when you lie, the lie must come from 'the deceiver'? People cannot lie all by themselves?
The devil makes them do it.

P

Moves
20 May 11

The soul dies at death according to the Bible.

Ezekiel 18:4 (New American Standard Bible)

4"Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine, The soul who sins will die.

We all sin..we all die.
Nothing is still alive and conscience according to the Bible during death.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 (New Ameri ...[text shortened]... when one has a resurrection either to life on earth or to heaven does one regain consciousness.
TWhitehead said:

Explain to me how the soul could rationally be a continuation of my consciousness.

to which you replied:

Only when one has a resurrection either to life on earth or to heaven does one regain consciousness.

so your consciousness survives (it may go into limbo for a while but it does come back)? You can replace the word 'soul' with 'consciousness' in TWhiteheads question since the soul is generally just considered as the seat of consciousness. So the essence of his question still stands:

Explain to me how my [consciousness/soul/personality/self] could rationally continue after the death of my body and brain.

T

Moves
20 May 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
If evolution is not correct, it must be a lie, and its origin must be from the deceiver. If it misleads people into damnation, then the Devil's work is done.
And if it is correct, then it isn't a lie.

So the questions still stand:
"So what specifically leads you to conclude that the theory of evolution is about deception? Only that it is at odds with a literal interpretation of the Biblical creation story?"

T

Moves
20 May 11
1 edit

4"Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine, The soul who sins will die.

We all sin..we all die.
Nothing is still alive and conscience according to the Bible during death.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 (New Ameri ...[text shortened]... when one has a resurrection either to life on earth or to heaven does one regain consciousness.

We all sin..we all die.

If you bothered to read Ezekiel 18 in it's entirety instead of pulling out selected verses that support what you'd like to believe, you'd realize that Ezekiel quotes God as saying that the righteous shall live. So not all die like you claimed. You have made yet another false claim. Any chance that you'll have the integrity to admit this one?

Ezekiel 18
21“But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22“All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live.

rc

Moves
20 May 11
4 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]Ezekiel 18:4 (New American Standard Bible)

We all sin..we all die.

If you bothered to read Ezekiel 18 in it's entirety instead of pulling out selected verses that support what you'd like to believe, you'd realize that remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live.[/b]
Try as one might i can find no reference to the term soul in your quotation from Ezekiel, why is that Lord Vader? In fact, if the dead do not die and are conscious, you think Solomon might have mentioned it,

(Ecclesiastes 9:4-5) . . .For as respects whoever is joined to all the living there exists confidence, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion.  For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all. . .

are you aware of the Hebrew term translated soul? if so please tell the forum what it means and how it has a bearing on our understanding? If you can? or are you reiterating the satanic lie, 'you positively will not die'.

T

Moves
20 May 11
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Try as one might i can find no reference to the term soul in your quotation from Ezekiel, why is that Lord Vader? In fact, if the dead do not die and are conscious, you think Solomon might have mentioned it,

(Ecclesiastes 9:4-5) . . .For as respects whoever is joined to all the living there exists confidence, because a live dog is better off than ...[text shortened]... rstanding? If you can? or are you reiterating the satanic lie, 'you positively will not die'.
Try reading and comprehending the germane points of my post. Why is that so difficult for you? This seems to happen all too often with you.

I'll even lay it all out for you:

G75:We all sin..we all die.

ToO: Ezekiel quotes God as saying that the righteous shall live. So not all die like you claimed.

Clearly G75's above claim is false like I said.

It also clearly demonstrates the falseness of the seemingly common JW practice of taking verses out of context.

So go back and reread my post, comprehend it, then try to post a reasonably thought out response for a change.

rc

Moves
20 May 11

Try reading and comprehending the germane points of my post. Why is that so difficult for you? This seems to happen all too often with you.

I'll even lay it all out for you:

G75:We all sin..we all die.

ToO: Ezekiel quotes God as saying that the righteous shall live. So not all die like you claimed.

Clearly G75's above claim is ...[text shortened]... eread my post, comprehend it, then try to post a reasonably thought out response for a change.
the verses you quoted, references to the soul if you please, otherwise your talking nonsense, as usual!

T

Moves
20 May 11

the verses you quoted, references to the soul if you please, otherwise your talking nonsense, as usual!
lol. RC once again demonstrates his usual tactic of what FMF termed "pretending to misunderstand" what others have posted.

Yet more evidence for what I posted earlier:
Evidently we have an answer to an underlying theme of this thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] engage in a discussion based in reason?"

Based on this discussion with G75 and other discussions with him and RC, the answer would seem to be "No".

Both G75 and RC (especially RC) have show time and again an inability to engage in a rational discussion.

rc

Moves
20 May 11
1 edit

lol. RC once again demonstrates his usual tactic of what FMF termed "pretending to misunderstand" what others have posted.

[quote]Evidently we have an answer to an underlying theme of this thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] (especially RC) have show time and again an inability to engage in a rational discussion.
the verses you quoted, references to the soul where are they?

thanks for demonstrating what we already knew!you talk nonsense!

T

Moves
20 May 11
1 edit

the verses you quoted, references to the soul where are they?

thanks for demonstrating what we already knew!you talk nonsense!
RC continues to demonstrate his usual tactic of what FMF termed "pretending to misunderstand" what others have posted.

Evidently we have an answer to an underlying theme of this thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] engage in a discussion based in reason?"

Based on this discussion with G75 and other discussions with him and RC, the answer would seem to be "No".

Both G75 and RC (especially RC) have show time and again an inability to engage in a rational discussion.

rc

Moves
20 May 11
2 edits

lol. RC continues to demonstrate his usual tactic of what FMF termed "pretending to misunderstand" what others have posted.

[quote]Evidently we have an answer to an underlying theme of this thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Sata (especially RC) have show time and again an inability to engage in a rational discussion.
no references, no honesty, no anything other than defamation of character and
slanderous appeals to even more nothingness, its such a crashing bore! If you ever
post anything with content, let us know, we may have something to discuss, otherwise,
please spare us, there are so many more fulfilling things to do.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 May 11

RC continues to demonstrate his usual tactic of what FMF termed "pretending to misunderstand" what others have posted.

[quote]Evidently we have an answer to an underlying theme of this thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] en ...[text shortened]... (especially RC) have show time and again an inability to engage in a rational discussion.
Psssst..Only to you dude.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
20 May 11

And if it is correct, then it isn't a lie.

So the questions still stand:
"So what specifically leads you to conclude that the theory of evolution is about deception? Only that it is at odds with a literal interpretation of the Biblical creation story?"
Very true, if it is fact, it is truth.
But I believe it is false, and not simply due to conflict in a literal interpretation of the Biblical creation story. I am not a fundementlist, and I am open to new ideas. My belief in creation rather than evolution is personal, and rational thinkng can not fully explain it. For example, I do think the 7 days of creation (6 and 1 day off) is not literal. BUT I don't rule out that it could be. I simply accept it, but rationalize 6 days to the Lord can be billions of years type of thing.
I would like to thank you for your thoughtful questions, I wish I had better answers for you.
God bless all

T

Moves
20 May 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Very true, if it is fact, it is truth.
But I believe it is false, and not simply due to conflict in a literal interpretation of the Biblical creation story. I am not a fundementlist, and I am open to new ideas. My belief in creation rather than evolution is personal, and rational thinkng can not fully explain it. For example, I do think the 7 days of cr ...[text shortened]... to thank you for your thoughtful questions, I wish I had better answers for you.
God bless all
Where do you stand on the idea of God having created biological life initially with all other life (higher life forms) having been created via the process of evolution? In other words that God "created" higher life forms via evolution? Under such a scenario, there'd be no reason to be anti-evolution.