1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 May '11 15:38
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    How about,

"We need to face the fact that the Jehovah's Witness Organisation serves the purposes of Satan. He wants people to imitate his course, and that of Adam and Eve, in rebelling against God. This is especially so now, since the Devil has only “a short period of time” left. (Revelation 12:9-12) Thus, believing in the JW religion would mean ...[text shortened]... and its originator, since the intent is to defraud us of eternal life.—1 Peter 5:8."
    Yeah, that touches on same theme as this earlier exchange with G75:

G75: Why would this theory of evolution not be a tool Satan uses to control so many in the world? Seems to work on many millions petty well.

ToO: Why would the Watchtower Society "not be a tool Satan uses to control so many in the world? Seems to work on many millions petty well"?

It's about fear mongering rather than an appeal to reason.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 May '11 15:41
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Deception is one of the main ways Satan achieves his goals. The deception of the theory of evolution is only one way he "kills" souls by deceiving.
    Good to see you again my friend, God bless.
    So what specifically leads you to conclude that the theory of evolution is about deception? Only that it is at odds with a literal interpretation of the Biblical creation story?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 May '11 15:45
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Ok so it's clear the Witnesses believe that evolution is one of many tactics that Satan uses to turn ones away from God and his existance and how and why we a are here. Believing in evolution would in turn not teach God's viewpoint of the future for us and the hope that he holds out for those who are looking for that in their life's.
    But obviously some ...[text shortened]... ot originate with Satan whom these scripture cleary explain is the ruler of this world?
    Are you asserting that all things of this world that were not revealed by the Bible are of Satan?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 May '11 15:58
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Are you asserting that all things of this world that were not revealed by the Bible are of Satan?
    I'm going to pass on answering you as you always have some trick angle going on in the background instead of asking an honest question. Sorry.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 May '11 16:08
    I'm going to pass on answering you as you always have some trick angle going on in the background instead of asking an honest question. Sorry.
    So, whenever you are shown to be illogical, you tell yourself it's because of some "trick angle"?

Case in point for an underlying theme of this thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] engage in a discussion based in reason?"

You are enslaved by fear.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 May '11 16:08
    So, whenever you are shown to be illogical, you tell yourself it's because of some "trick angle"?

Case in point for an underlying theme of this thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] engage in a discussion based in reason?"

You are enslaved by fear.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 May '11 16:14
    While I can understand a young teen being afraid to engage in intelligent discussion, from what I gather you are no longer a young teen. Isn't it time you matured?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 May '11 16:14
    While I can understand a young teen being afraid to engage in intelligent discussion, from what I gather you are no longer a young teen. Isn't it time you matured?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 May '11 16:25
    Evidently we have an answer to an underlying theme of this thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] engage in a discussion based in reason?"

Based on this discussion with G75 and other discussions with him and RC, the answer would seem to be "No".
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 May '11 21:33
    Whew. Your response initially scared me. I guess I could have phrased my last two questions more clearly. I was looking to see if anyone other than JWs held the position that "the theory of evolution serves the purposes of Satan" and that "the intent is defraud [one] of eternal life". But based on the rest of your response, I'm thinking that you don't.
    I thought I was being clear.(I may have made an error, I'm not going back)
    I reckon the JW's are one of the few organizations to actually say stuff like that ,"evolution serves satan". Some other crazies hold these sorts of opinions. Not all admit it publicly.

Utter ridicuolousness.
    After all there doesn't seem to be any real support for "satan". Satanists are a fashion statement and of pagan influence more than subscribing to satan in any real way.(Or the ones I've met)
    As for satan being behind other movements/science, where do you draw the line?

They're really saying "science is the tool of satan", which is preposterous
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 May '11 21:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I thought I was being clear.(I may have made an error, I'm not going back)
    I reckon the JW's are one of the few organizations to actually say stuff like that ,"evolution serves satan". Some other crazies hold these sorts of opinions. Not all admit it publicly.

Utter ridicuolousness.
    After all there doesn't seem to be any real support for "satan". ...[text shortened]... line?

They're really saying "science is the tool of satan", which is preposterous
    "Utter ridicuolousness" and deadly not to believe in Satan...Serious mistake.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 May '11 22:07
    "Utter ridicuolousness" and deadly not to believe in Satan...Serious mistake.
    I'm aware of sub-concious thoughts affecting people's daily consiousnesses, which is what I think you guys think is Satan.
    I can see the effects of such forces, I just don't call them "satan", because I think that term in itself is misleading.
    Anyway, to think that you are exempt form 'satan's power', and not everone else is a serious mistake.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 May '11 23:34
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm aware of sub-concious thoughts affecting people's daily consiousnesses, which is what I think you guys think is Satan.
    I can see the effects of such forces, I just don't call them "satan", because I think that term in itself is misleading.
    Anyway, to think that you are exempt form 'satan's power', and not everone else is a serious mistake.
    I don't think I said I was exempt did I? Nope..don't believe so. What I'm saying is if you don't think he's real and can affect humans, then that's denying the most powerful enemy of God and man. You might as well deny death, sickness, evil, etc.
    Sticking your head in the sand does not change the fact he is real.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 May '11 01:021 edit
    I don't think I said I was exempt did I? Nope..don't believe so. What I'm saying is if you don't think he's real and can affect humans, then that's denying the most powerful enemy of God and man. You might as well deny death, sickness, evil, etc.
    Sticking your head in the sand does not change the fact he is real.
    ...denying the most powerful enemy of God and man...
    I assume then that omnipotent "God" is incapable of dealing with his arch enemy: the not so omnipotent Satan.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 May '11 01:17
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]...denying the most powerful enemy of God and man...
    I assume then that omnipotent "God" is incapable of dealing with his arch enemy: the not so omnipotent Satan.[/b]
    What makes you think God can't handle Satan?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree