1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '11 11:522 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Where did I say it was ok? I'm merely pointing out that religion aggravates the suffering which already exists in this world.

Or to put it simply for you: A world with religion is worse than a world without.
    A world without hypocrisy and prejudice is better than a world with atheists displaying
    such. Who the heck are you to tell others what they should and should not fill their
    'consciousness', with? You sound like one of Dawkins sock puppets!
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 May '11 12:187 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    A world without hypocrisy and prejudice is better than a world with atheists displaying
    such. Who the heck are you to tell others what they should and should not fill their
    'consciousness', with? You sound like one of Dawkins sock puppets!
    Come on Robbie, you and I both know you're being a hypocrite when you talk about the hypocrisy of others! ;]
    I have no problem with private individual belief in some god or other - it's doing so as a mindless collective that concerns me. The day that each of us can stand back and observe that belief in Christianity or any other religion has been thoroughly alienated, and associated so far with stupidity and insanity that none sane would dare to go there will be a good day.

It is yourselves, as a collective, that are bringing about such a day - go get em Camping! ;]
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '11 12:392 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Come on Robbie, you and I both know you're being a hypocrite when you talk about the hypocrisy of others! ;]
    I have no problem with private individual belief in some god or other - it's doing so as a mindless collective that concerns me. The day that each of us can stand back and observe that belief in Christianity or any other religion has been thoroughly a ...[text shortened]...
    It is yourselves, as a collective, that are bringing about such a day - go get em Camping! ;]
    sooooo now like minded individuals are to be banned from gathering together and
    sharing their thoughts! Its ok if your a closet Christian but hey, dont try to spread your
    beautiful message of paradise around here! spit ding! Agers! Such dictatorial and
    draconian measures are why people have fought for freedom, not from religion, but
    freedom to express it. It cannot be hidden away in a closet, it must be set free like a
    million butterflies filling the air with wonderment and awe!

here's a song for you Agers, for what its worth, feel da love! man!

YouTube&feature=related
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 May '11 12:49
    sharing their thoughts! Its ok if your a closet Christian but hey, dont try to spread your
    beautiful message of paradise around here! spit ding! Agers! Such dictatorial and
    draconian measures are why people have fought for freedom, not from religion, but
    freedo ...[text shortened]... loset, it must be set free like a
    million butterflies filling the air with wonderment and awe!
    sharing their thoughts!

Where does he say that?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '11 12:543 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]sooooo now like minded individuals are to be banned from gathering together and
    sharing their thoughts!

Where does he say that?[/b]
    he states it quite clearly, he says its fine if you have a personal belief, but when its
    collective then he has a problem with that. How indeed are people to be collective if
    they dont gather together? do tell. here are the actual words, 'doing so as a mindless
    collective that concerns me'.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 May '11 13:015 edits
    he states it quite clearly, he says its fine if you have a personal belief, but when its
    collective then he has a problem with that. How indeed are people to be collective if
    they dont gather together? do tell. here are the actual words, 'doing so as a mindless
    I never said nor implied that restrictions upon practicing your religion should be externally enforced - that was your idea. Indeed I don't think you are capable of thinking beyond that idea for bringing about change when it is the likes of you that would impose a totalitarian theocracy for the entire fecking world given half the chance!

What I actually said (in so many words) is that it would be a good day when the idea of joining a religion makes as much sense as joining a ropeless bungee jumping contest.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 May '11 13:06
    He expressed his concern with organised religion. Nothing about putting restrictions on it.
  8. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    25 May '11 13:09
    what is this? some feeble attempt to mitigate the facts that atrocities are carried out by the religious and a-religious? what motivates them hardly matters to the victims, does it?

what my beliefs and what we choose to practice have a bearing upon no one but ourselves, that is why it is termed the right of self determination. I doubt we shall ...[text shortened]... as acute prejudices as you is hardly likely to be able to view scripture objectively, are they.
    'what my beliefs and what we choose to practice have a bearing upon no one but ourselves, that is why it is termed the right of self determination'

And do your children have this right of self determination?It is hard to think you would ,or could, explain the pros and cons of each different form of christianity.
    More likely they are 'brainwashed ' from an early age to accept your beliefs.
    What would happen if one of your children told you he has decided to become a Mormon, for instance.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '11 15:382 edits
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    'what my beliefs and what we choose to practice have a bearing upon no one but ourselves, that is why it is termed the right of self determination'

And do your children have this right of self determination?It is hard to think you would ,or could, explain the pros and cons of each different form of christianity.
    More likely they are 'brainwashed ' f ...[text shortened]... uld happen if one of your children told you he has decided to become a Mormon, for instance.
    first of all i resent your terms brainwashing, for every one instils some beliefs, morals in their children and what is more are you actually telling me how i should bring up my own kids and with what values i should or should not instil in them? who the heck do you think you are? do you actually know what the right of self determination is, for i doubt it, considering that you have tried to apply it to a minor. As for what my children decide is none of your business, indeed, i also resent your attempts to state that i may in some way be a negligent parent through your insinuations.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 May '11 15:42
    what are you suggesting Ullr, that those persons who donated were trying to buy their
    way to heaven? what makes you think that they are not enjoying their life at present?
    anyone that gives money(any amount larger than say replace a broken doorknob) to churches is doing exactly that: buyin their way into heaven.

jesus preached wherever he could. you don't need a fancy building or a jet to spread the word.
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 May '11 15:451 edit
    first of all i resent your terms brainwashing, for every one instils some beliefs, morals in their children and what is more are you actually telling me how i should bring up my own kids and with what values i should or should not instil in them? who the heck do you think you are? do you actually know what the right of self determination is, for i d ...[text shortened]... t your attempts to state that i may in some way be a negligent parent through your insinuations.
    I've got to agree with Robbie here. I think it's not only the parents right but a duty to bring up their children with the spiritual beliefs and morals that they see fit. If you want to raise your kids Atheist or Catholic or Heathen or JW then by all means do so. Ultimately they will make their own choices when they're old enough anyhow but at least a parent can give them what they believe to be the correct foundation.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '11 17:34
    Originally posted by Ullr
    I've got to agree with Robbie here. I think it's not only the parents right but a duty to bring up their children with the spiritual beliefs and morals that they see fit. If you want to raise your kids Atheist or Catholic or Heathen or JW then by all means do so. Ultimately they will make their own choices when they're old enough anyhow but at least a parent can give them what they believe to be the correct foundation.
    thank you Ullr, thank you so much. Where i live, there is a little village called Auchinloch, usually Jws are the only ones that dont celebrate Christmas, rather interestingly, at my friends sons primary school, two parents who were practising pagans asked also for their child to be given alternative arrangements for the festival, as they deemed it inappropriate with their beliefs. Had they of course realised that its essentially pagan in its elements they may have changed their mind, but it illustrates the point well, that parents have a right and a duty to inculcate values within their children, otherwise, if the garden is not cultivated weeds shall overrun it!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '11 17:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    anyone that gives money(any amount larger than say replace a broken doorknob) to churches is doing exactly that: buyin their way into heaven.

jesus preached wherever he could. you don't need a fancy building or a jet to spread the word.
    well, its interesting, but how are we to ascertain the true motives of individuals?
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 May '11 17:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think it will not happen as an act of God, and will almost certainly not happen before the Sun goes supernova.
    So what do you mean by "Armaggedon"?
    id be surprised if all life on the planet was erased before the sun dies, it'll take a lot less to kill off us humans though, this i can see happening long before the complete death of our planet. quite possibly what they mean by 'armaggedon', i don't know... the earth does revolve around us human us you know.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '11 17:55
    Originally posted by trev33
    id be surprised if all life on the planet was erased before the sun dies, it'll take a lot less to kill off us humans though, this i can see happening long before the complete death of our planet. quite possibly what they mean by 'armaggedon', i don't know... the earth does revolve around us human us you know.
    what about space 1999 and moon base alpha! we could live there. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree