1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 May '11 14:12
    "Camping offered no clues about Family Radio's finances Monday, saying he could not estimate how much had been spent advertising his prediction nor how much money the nonprofit had taken in as a result. In 2009, the nonprofit reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in stocks or other publicly traded securities."

Apparently I'm in the wrong business.

My advice to those that spent their life savings following this wingnut: Get your head out of your arse and start focusing on living a good life now rather than worrying about the end of the world.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 May '11 14:261 edit
    Originally posted by Ullr
    "Camping offered no clues about Family Radio's finances Monday, saying he could not estimate how much had been spent advertising his prediction nor how much money the nonprofit had taken in as a result. In 2009, the nonprofit reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in s nd start focusing on living a good life now rather than worrying about the end of the world.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 May '11 14:44
    "Camping offered no clues about Family Radio's finances Monday, saying he could not estimate how much had been spent advertising his prediction nor how much money the nonprofit had taken in as a result. In 2009, the nonprofit reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in s ...[text shortened]... nd start focusing on living a good life now rather than worrying about the end of the world.
    He's now changed the date to be in October....
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '11 14:451 edit
    "Camping offered no clues about Family Radio's finances Monday, saying he could not estimate how much had been spent advertising his prediction nor how much money the nonprofit had taken in as a result. In 2009, the nonprofit reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in s nd start focusing on living a good life now rather than worrying about the end of the world.
    what are you suggesting Ullr, that those persons who donated were trying to buy their
    way to heaven? what makes you think that they are not enjoying their life at present?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '11 14:46
    Originally posted by galveston75
    He's now changed the date to be in October....
    good, just before winter arrives.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 May '11 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what are you suggesting Ullr, that those persons who donated were trying to buy their way to heaven? what makes you think that they are not enjoying their life at present?
    That may be true of some of them Robbie but I suspect most of them are just lost, frightened, unhappy people that are looking for a way out. I'm sorry but someone spending over $100,000 to advertise this guy's bizarre prediction has got some serious issues. And please don't take my comments as pointing the finger at all religions that expect Armaggedon to occur someday. I just think it's foolish to obsess over it when none of us know for sure if, when, or how it will happen.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '11 14:54
    That may be true of some of them Robbie but I suspect most of them are just lost, frightened, unhappy people that are looking for a way out. I'm sorry but someone spending over $100,000 to advertise this guy's bizarre prediction has got some serious issues.
    yes i believe that you are correct, serious issues. Does anyone know on what basis his predictions were made?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '11 15:13
    I'm sorry but someone spending over $100,000 to advertise this guy's bizarre prediction has got some serious issues.
    Or they are benefiting in some way.

And please don't take my comments as pointing the finger at all religions that expect Armaggedon to occur someday.
    Why not. There is nothing less bizarre about them

I just think it's foolish to obsess over it when none of us know for sure if, when, or how it will happen.
    I know for sure it will not happen. How do you know I don't? How do you know someone claiming to know when it will happen is wrong? Why are you right and us wrong?
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 May '11 15:201 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Or they are benefiting in some way.

[b]And please don't take my comments as pointing the finger at all religions that expect Armaggedon to occur someday.

Why not. There is nothing less bizarre about them

I just think it's foolish to obsess over it when none of us know for sure if, when, or how it will happen.
    I know for sure it will not u know someone claiming to know when it will happen is wrong? Why are you right and us wrong?[/b]
    "I know for sure it will not happen. How do you know I don't? How do you know someone claiming to know when it will happen is wrong? Why are you right and us wrong?"

I know that you don't know (if/when/how) it will happen because I have this seemingly elusive characteristic that other humans seem to lack. It's called common sense.
  10. St. Peter's
    Moves
    24 May '11 15:22
    at least we won't have to shovel snow😉
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 May '11 15:29
    I think it sounds great...lol.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 May '11 15:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I think it sounds great...lol.
    Hey I like winter. Ice Hockey, Skiing, drinking a nice heavy winter ale or dopplebock by the fire. However, the thing I like best about winter is that eventually it turns into spring.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '11 17:36
    I know that you don't know (if/when/how) it will happen because I have this seemingly elusive characteristic that other humans seem to lack. It's called common sense.
    No you don't. Your sense is remarkably uncommon. My sense which is equally uncommon says that it will not happen. You only wish to label your sense 'common' and mine 'uncommon' to somehow justify yours as being more reliable than mine.
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 May '11 18:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No you don't. Your sense is remarkably uncommon. My sense which is equally uncommon says that it will not happen. You only wish to label your sense 'common' and mine 'uncommon' to somehow justify yours as being more reliable than mine.
    Well first of all let me clarify what it is you think won't happen because I may not be understanding you correctly in the first place.

Do you think:

1. The destruction of the planet earth will not happen at some point for whatever reason

or

2. It won't happen as a result of an act of God?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '11 18:34
    Well first of all let me clarify what it is you think won't happen because I may not be understanding you correctly in the first place.

Do you think:

1. The destruction of the planet earth will not happen at some point for whatever reason

or

2. It won't happen as a result of an act of God?
    I think it will not happen as an act of God, and will almost certainly not happen before the Sun goes supernova.
    So what do you mean by "Armaggedon"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree