1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 20:54
    Originally posted by Eladar
    So your position is that one can have the holy spirit and still not know the difference between sexual immorality and sexual morality?

Galatians 5
    [b]19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: [i]immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, [j]factions, 21 envying ...[text shortened]... ave forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    [/b]
    What are we talking about?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 21:211 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    As I get some time I will address ToO's challenge, a remark he made about me saying that without the Holy Spirit to guide man he is in the (spiritual) darkness.

To which ToO wrote:

This is nonsense. They can't all be in the light.

If they all have the "Spirit of God" informing them, then how do you explain such a wide divergence of views? ...[text shortened]... articular how do you explain how far conservatives diverge from the teachings of Jesus?
    They can't all be right also has to do with all the religions extant in the world. Every one of which claims to be THE true religion, 'trust me ladies and gentlemen, GOD told me personally and I am here to tell you, Scientology is THE only real religion' Or plug in the religion of your choice. You would no doubt agree Scientology is about as far away from sprituality as you could possibly get, a 100% man made religion L Ron Hubbard freely admitted.

But of course ALL religions are JUST like that, totally made up by men, to control men and put women on a lower plane (Men are worth 50 shekels but Women, only 30) That written in stone in the Jewish bible. So Muslims will KILL you if you try to put down their 100% real religion, the ONLY true religion from their POV.

Same with Hindu's, Rastafarians, Jaynes, all three Abrahamics, ALL 100% man made and I invite you to entreaty your special god to come down and strike me blind deaf and dumb, so I will be forced to believe.

Humans saying what god I should worship, ain't gonna happen. EVER. Humans wouldn't know a real god if it came down and bit them on their toes.

A sufficiently advanced alien with technology we would consider god-like could come down claiming they are gods, curing the sick, and such, people would fall all over themselves kissing their fieet and going right into worship all the while the alien dudes are laughing their ass off behind our backs at how easily we are duped.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 23:202 edits
    Originally posted by leunammi
    What are we talking about?
    You listed the signs of having the holy spirit, I listed the signs that one does not.

To look at one without the other would be equivalent to ignoring Jesus' warning about neither leaning to the right nor to the left.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 00:36
    You listed the signs of having the holy spirit, I listed the signs that one does not.
    Do you exhibit any "signs of having the holy spirit"? Do you exhibit any "signs of [not] having the holy spirit"?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you exhibit any "signs of having the holy spirit"? Do you exhibit any "signs of [not] having the holy spirit"?
    Are you asking if I am perfect?

To answer your question, I do show fruits of having the holy spirit. I do not show signs of not having the holy spirit.

Will I continue on the narrow path? Only God knows the future.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:27
    John 15

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me

Considering the hatred I get around here for simply stating the biblical truth, I am definitely on the correct path. The apparent truth is the truth.

Those who wish to exchange God's truth for acceptance of the world are themselves dead.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:28
    I do show fruits of having the holy spirit.
    What for example?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    What for example?
    Why should I play your game? I answered your question.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:41
    Really? At this moment they no longer take up residence in people's hearts?
    I am really glad that I do not live in your binary world.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:44
    Eladar: I do show fruits of having the holy spirit.

FMF: What for example?

Why should I play your game? I answered your question.
    No you have not. You have dodged my question. My question is: what fruits of "having the holy spirit" do show?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I am really glad that I do not live in your binary world.
    It's not mine, it's God's.

Either one knows God or one doesn't.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:46
    Either one knows God or one doesn't.
    Can we all see "God" and Jesus working through you in this community?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    No you have not. You have dodged my question. My question is: what fruits of "having the holy spirit" do show?
    Dodged your question, I answered it, which is more than you did when I first asked you questions. You can now bounce your ball if you like.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:47
    [b]3 “Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and l ...[text shortened]... se than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation.”

Matthew 12[/b]
    And here I thought RJH was the last ignorant fundamentalist in these parts.

Wishful thinking, I guess.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 01:48
    Dodged your question, I answered it, which is more than you did when I first asked you questions. You can now bounce your ball if you like.
    So here you are, claiming that you "show fruits of having the holy spirit", but you cannot offer even one example of how you show it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree