1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 12:311 edit
    As I get some time I will address ToO's challenge, a remark he made about me saying that without the Holy Spirit to guide man he is in the (spiritual) darkness.

To which ToO wrote:

This is nonsense. They can't all be in the light.

If they all have the "Spirit of God" informing them, then how do you explain such a wide divergence of views?

In particular how do you explain how far conservatives diverge from the teachings of Jesus?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 12:531 edit
    Christ is a living Person. He is an unusual Person for sure. But He is an available and living Person Who can be known today. If this is not true, then the Gospel is useless.

Then there IS no "good news" if Jesus cannot be experienced.

Now Christians knowing Jesus have different opinions on many things.
    They cannot all be right. This is not a recent situation. It was just as much a situation in the days of the early church as it is today.

So it helps to examine how Christ and the apostles dealt with the problem of differing opinions when everyone cannot be equally correct.

The chapter in the New Testament offering considerable help on the problem of differing opinions among Christians is Romans chaptesr 14 and 15. It is not the only place to deal with Christians receiving one another in spite of differences of opinion. But it is good place to go first.

For "red letter" Bible readers, much referring BACK to the "red letters" of Jesus' words in the Gospels will reinforce Paul's faithful teaching.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 13:032 edits
    In the Recovery Version of the New Testament the chapter outline and subsections have Romans 14:1 through 15:13 under the heading "In Receiving the Believers".

These are Paul's fellowship to Christians about how they should receive one another though they may have differing opinions about things.

The editors of the RcV help us to organize Paul's discussion. They recommend the following scheme [my elaboration] :

Receiving the Believers according to the same way God receives them:
    14:1-9

Receiving the Believers in light of the Judgment Seat of Christ:
    14:10-12

Receiving the Believers in the Principle of Love:
    14:13-15

Receiving the Believers for the Kingdom Life:
    14:16-23

Receiving the Believers According to Christ:
    15:1-13
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 13:131 edit
    Now they can't ALL be right !!

That's right. We Christians cannot all be right.
    And we may be "right" but wrong or dead spiritually.

We Christians cannot all be right.
    And there are some things to be general about.
    And there are some things to be special about.
    And there are some things to be simply practical about.

A good book on this is by Witness Lee called "The Generality, Speciality, and Practicality of the Church Life."

Some things Christians in the church life should be willing to fight for.
    Some things Christians in the church life should be willing to be general about, not insisting upon.
    Some things Christians in the church life should think to be practical about.

Interested parties can find the book at www.ministrybooks.org. But they seem to be down technically as I write today 7/14/2017 9:13 EST.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:06
    Some have the holy spirit, while most have the spirit of satan within them.

The children of God will have disagreements over debatable matters. The children of God will disagree with the children of satan over the definition of sin.

The term Christian is a self proclaimed mantle so anyone can claim it.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:16
    Originally posted by Eladar

The children of God will have disagreements over debatable matters. The children of God will disagree with the children of satan over the definition of sin.

If you don't have God's Spirit you don't belong to God, Satan spirit isn't required.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:17
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    If you don't have God's Spirit you don't belong to God, Satan spirit isn't required.
    If God is not in your heart, a spirit of satan will take up residence.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:22

Anyone can claim anything the reality is who belongs to God and who doesn't, since God gives His Spirit we would know it, if you are not sure you better get right. After you receive God's Spirit you get to walk with the Lord, the best part of being a Christian is God!
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:25
    Satan is a singular being he doesn't inhabit the whole world, don't give him credit for things he doesn't deserve.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:26
    Satan is a singular being he doesn't inhabit the whole world, don't give him credit for things he doesn't deserve.
    How many demons follow satan?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:27
    Anyone can claim anything the reality is who belongs to God and who doesn't, since God gives His Spirit we would know it, if you are not sure you better get right. After you receive God's Spirit you get to walk with the Lord, the best part of being a Christian is God!
    Obviously you don't know it if you call people who esouse homosexuality as a Godly lifestyle brothers and sisters in Christ.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:32
    How many demons follow satan?
    More than I can count, more than likely, but they are all defeated by God, Jesus has overcome.
  13. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:33
    Hmmm, I don't know if I agree with this logic. I am more inclined to agree with KellyJay on this one. While a soul void of God's spirit does not mean one is (or could be) filled with satan or more appropriately demon possessed, it does mean it is possible (demon wise anyways). Do you have a scripture reference that speaks to satan possessing people who are without God's spirit?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:38
    Obviously you don't know it if you call people who esouse homosexuality as a Godly lifestyle brothers and sisters in Christ.
    Nothing I have ever said claims those who love sin more than God will be saved. I have said sinners and we are all sinners, when we come to God learn to walk with Him, will either turn from their sins or not. I am not a once saved always saved believer. I do believe God takes us where we are (sinners) and changes us.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:40
    Remind me again what century you are living in?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree