1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    More than I can count, more than likely, but they are all defeated by God, Jesus has overcome.
    Really? At this moment they no longer take up residence in people's hearts?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:48
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Hmmm, I don't know if I agree with this logic. I am more inclined to agree with KellyJay on this one. While a soul void of God's spirit does not mean one is (or could be) filled with satan or more appropriately demon possessed, it does mean it is possible (demon wise anyways). Do you have a scripture reference that speaks to satan possessing people who are without God's spirit?
    Does the holy spirit possess people?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Remind me again what century you are living in?
    The same century where Jesus' teachings and warnings are still true.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:51
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Does the holy spirit possess people?
    Have you read the NT?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:54
    Really? At this moment they no longer take up residence in people's hearts?
    Not trying to insult you, I don't understand your question.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 15:00
    Not trying to insult you, I don't understand your question.
    3 “Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation.”

Matthew 12
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 15:01
    Have you read the NT?
    When the Holy Spirit enters a heart, it looks the same as a demon possession.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:05
    When the Holy Spirit enters a heart, it looks the same as a demon possession.
    You are insulting God.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:06
    [b]3 “Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and l ...[text shortened]... se than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation.”

Matthew 12[/b]
    Yes, your point?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:07
    You are insulting God.
    I asked the question. It is a simple yes or no question. A yes or no answer can't insult God.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:09
    Yes, your point?
    Jesus says evil spirits enter bodies, do you deny the truth of Jesus' statement?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:231 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    As I get some time I will address ToO's challenge, a remark he made about me saying that without the Holy Spirit to guide man he is in the (spiritual) darkness.

To which ToO wrote:

This is nonsense. They can't all be in the light.

If they all have the "Spirit of God" informing them, then how do you explain such a wide divergence of views? ...[text shortened]... articular how do you explain how far conservatives diverge from the teachings of Jesus?
    C'mon jaywill. Here's yet another example of how you take things out of context in order to distort the meaning. You do it with scripture and you've done it with what I wrote. It's dishonest.

The following is the context in which I wrote it:
    KellyJay: "Without the Spirit of God does it matter if one is conservative, liberal, or progressive?"

sonship: I agree. Without revelation from the Spirit of God upon our conscience, we're in the dark. And that regardless of philosophy of life or politics.

ToO: This is nonsense. They can't all be in the light.

If they all have the "Spirit of God" informing them, then how do you explain such a wide divergence of views?

In particular how do you explain how far conservatives diverge from the teachings of Jesus?

So the point is that is that it's nonsensical to believe that conservatives, liberals and progressives all have the "Spirit of God" informing them when they have such a wide divergence of views. That it's particularly nonsensical to believe that conservatives have the "Spirit of God" informing them when they diverge so far from the teachings of Jesus.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:47
    I asked the question. It is a simple yes or no question. A yes or no answer can't insult God.
    To suggest that the Holy Spirit is the same as demons possessing anyone is insulting to God!
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:50
    Jesus says evil spirits enter bodies, do you deny the truth of Jesus' statement?
    I deny your suggestion that demons and God's Holy Spirit are even remotely the same, that is about as blasphemy as you can get!
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:56
    To suggest that the Holy Spirit is the same as demons possessing anyone is insulting to God!
    They are both spirits that inhabit people's hearts. What is the difference other than one being goid and the other evil?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree