1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I deny your suggestion that demons and God's Holy Spirit are even remotely the same, that is about as blasphemy as you can get!
    So you are saying that Jesus was wrong and only good spirits take up residence in people's hearts.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 16:58
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Jesus says evil spirits enter bodies, do you deny the truth of Jesus' statement?
    They can if doesn't mean they all do. If you have scriptures to suggest otherwise quote them.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 17:10
    They can if doesn't mean they all do. If you have scriptures to suggest otherwise quote them.
    Luke 6

3 “For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44 For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart[a] brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Does Jesus describe a third kind of man?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 17:18
    Luke 6

[b]3 “For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44 For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart[a] brings ...[text shortened]... of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Does Jesus describe a third kind of man?[/b]
    That is evil men being evil, you don't have to be demon possessed for that.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 17:20
    So you are saying that Jesus was wrong and only good spirits take up residence in people's hearts.
    What does the Holy Spirit do, what did Jesus say about Him?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 18:042 edits
    What does the Holy Spirit do, what did Jesus say about Him?
    Let's us know right from wrong and grow in faith.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 18:06
    That is evil men being evil, you don't have to be demon possessed for that.
    Ok, if you eant to view it that way. At least you agree that we can know if a person is of God based on their beliefs.

Is that correct?
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 18:52
    Does the holy spirit possess people?
    I think the question in the moment is what does it mean to be possessed? Generally we think of being possessed as not being in control of ourselves, to put it another way we are not in the driver's seat, something else is.

Contemporary media, scripture, etc. illustrate possession in a negative fashion, movies like the Omen, Rosemary's Baby and bible stories like that of the man who had a legion of demons living in him (come to mind) are expressive of what it means to be possessed. These things are attributed to the activities of demons.

Regarding the Holy Spirit, he indwells the believer, his attributes are many but he doesn't make anybody do anything, he guides, he comforts, he equips. He is good!

1. Convicts us of sin.

John 16:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

2. He indwells believers

John 14:16-18 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

3. He produces fruit in believers

Galatians 5:22-25 New King James Version (NKJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

4. Believers are empowered

Acts 1:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me[a] in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

These are to name a few, but there are more. KellyJay is right, to compare the HS with satan as to the role of each with regards to the believer as being the same is some dangerous ground to walk on, I don't think I would go there.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 19:10
    Originally posted by leunammi
    I think the question in the moment is what does it mean to be possessed? Generally we think of being possessed as not being in control of ourselves, to put it another way we are not in the driver's seat, something else is.

Contemporary media, scripture, etc. illustrate possession in a negative fashion, movies like the Omen, Rosemary's Baby and bible s ...[text shortened]... believer as being the same is some dangerous ground to walk on, I don't think I would go there.
    Possession may be the topic you are interested in. I am interested in the more pressing question which is the two types of hearts and how we can discern the difference.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 19:17
    Possession may be the topic you are interested in. I am interested in the more pressing question which is the two types of hearts and how we can discern the difference.
    For the heart with the Holy Spirit, I guess you look for the fruit.

Galatians 5:22-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

For the heart with something other than the Holy Spirit, I guess it is something else. Would you agree?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 19:39
    How many demons follow satan?
    Demons, death, judgment, hell, burn, hate, fear and hubris; You certainly got dealt a hand from the bottom of the pack mate.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 19:461 edit

[b]Galatians 5:22-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

For the heart with something other than the Holy Spirit, I guess it is something else. Would you agree?[/b]
    So your position is that one can have the holy spirit and still not know the difference between sexual immorality and sexual morality?

Galatians 5
    19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: [i]immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, [j]factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 20:07
    There are sinners saved by God's grace through faith, and sinners who are condemned already because they have not believed in Jesus. Those will die in their sins. We are all sinners before God, turning to Him is the only hope for mankind.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 20:08

[b]Galatians 5:22-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

For the heart with something other than the Holy Spirit, I guess it is something else. Would you agree?[/b]
    I agree
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 20:47
    There are sinners saved by God's grace through faith, and sinners who are condemned already because they have not believed in Jesus. Those will die in their sins. We are all sinners before God, turning to Him is the only hope for mankind.
    Galatians 5
    19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: [i]immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, [j]factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree