thou shalt surely die

thou shalt surely die

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I volunteer too. What else you got?

And i didn't claim religion caused the suffering, just deterred the sufferers from doing anything about it.
You can do more. Stop wasting time here and fix the problem Christianity creates.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Did I take blame off myself?

You are a suck up. He claims that Christianity is just an attempt to keep poor in their place and you get on your knees to him.
I don’t suck up to anyone here, but I do try to be respectful verses insulting.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
He is our great reward, there is nothing better than a relationship with Him. That only
comes when we answer His call upon our lives, everything else, is less than.
You say 'only'. So this relationship is denied to all other views. There are no spiritual moral people other that believers like you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @apathist
You say 'only'. So this relationship is denied to all other views. There are no spiritual moral people other that believers like you.
The comparison is between human offers to God and God’s free gift to man. God only accepts perfection and we are cleanessed of our sin in Christ nothing else does that.

So all human efforts come up short!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Oct 17

Christ isn’t an argument He is. Arguing God simply turns Him into a topic of human judgment, while the reality of God is He is Lord of the universe. You can argue sports, politics, right and wrong but God is above that and we are full of ourselves to think we can stand in judgement of God.
So you can proclaim truths about religion but I cant?

You seem a very sincere and well-rounded person however when it comes to religious beliefs your attempts to make others 'see the light' has been quite unsuccessful.
That's because I have been through most of these arguments for the validity of Christianity, long before I arrived at RHP.

Anyway of you want to keep at it, feel free. Just don't expect me to buy into your apparently narrow view of the world in which you live.

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

I don’t suck up to anyone here, but I do try to be respectful verses insulting.
You don't mind being insulting to me.

Hypocrite, but then you are more like them than me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
So you can proclaim truths about religion but I cant?

You seem a very sincere and well-rounded person however when it comes to religious beliefs your attempts to make others 'see the light' has been quite unsuccessful.
That's because I have been through most of these arguments for the validity of Christianity, long before I arrived at RHP.

Anyw ...[text shortened]... ee. Just don't expect me to buy into your apparently narrow view of the world in which you live.
Feel free to do and say what you will! For me I think God is not only able to defend Himself, He is also the only one who can reveal Himself to anyone.

With respect to my success and failure in sharing my faith, we won’t know those results till it’s all said and done. What I want is to be faithful and not hide God’s grace from those perishing.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 17
1 edit

You don't mind being insulting to me.

I have more than likely insulted more than a few here, you included. I try not to, it isn’t my go to for each conversation. Apologies when I have.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
22 Oct 17

The comparison is between human offers to God and God’s free gift to man. God only accepts perfection and we are cleanessed of our sin in Christ nothing else does that.

So all human efforts come up short!
That is your best effort, human?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
22 Oct 17

And there is the problem, kudos for owning it. You have no respect and no understanding of other paths. You are a good christian.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Oct 17

You can do more. Stop wasting time here and fix the problem Christianity creates.
I just said religion 'wasn't' the cause. 🙄

As an institution, religion encourages people to look to the hereafter for justice and to put up with their suffering. As an individual, how do you suppose I counteract the affect of such an institution?.....A raffle?

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I just said religion 'wasn't' the cause. 🙄

As an institution, religion encourages people to look to the hereafter for justice and to put up with their suffering. As an individual, how do you suppose I counteract the affect of such an institution?.....A raffle?
Not in your original quote. You speak out of both ends.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @apathist
That is your best effort, human?
It isn’t an argument it’s scripture, I am not sharing ideas, but what scripture teaches. We have nothing we can give to bargain with God, He owns and maintains the whole universe, everything in it from the air we breathe and everything else is already His. Since He is the one that actually formed us in our mother’s so even our bodies are His. So what do you think God needs that we can offer Him?

Sinners are dead in their sins before God, He because of His love for us made away that satisfied all requirements to turn a sinner righteous before God. So yes every other way comes up short.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Oct 17

Feel free to do and say what you will! For me I think God is not only able to defend Himself, He is also the only one who can reveal Himself to anyone.

With respect to my success and failure in sharing my faith, we won’t know those results till it’s all said and done. What I want is to be faithful and not hide God’s grace from those perishing.
Come now. "God defend Himself" ....

That guy hasn't so much as said boo to anyone who has genuinely asked.

I do know of some people who have had Jesus experiences , but again, never heard of JC telling anyone to believe in god or that he even exists.
Maybe JC only exists as a manifestation of their Christian doubt. Either way I have seen the "power of Jesus Christ" work on people.
What to make of this?
I for one couldn't care that much either way. I have no question to god or Jesus . I need not to pray for anything because all the answers FOR ME are readily answered by my own mind. If I do meet Jesus (the Christ conscious one), then it will be on equal footing. I will not bow down to anyone because some other person told me to.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Oct 17