thou shalt surely die

thou shalt surely die

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Not in your original quote. You speak out of both ends.
"Did I ever tell you of the man who taught his arzehole to talk? ,,,, " = W.S. Burroughs.

Man I wish I could talk out of that end.

But of course I only pun here because once again , based on the words here, you are the one who has accused and misunderstood the other posts. Not the other way around.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Oct 17

Not in your original quote. You speak out of both ends.
This one?

"Religion often functions as the 'opium of the masses' (Marx) and tells those in poverty and hardship to accept their lot in life and wait for their reward in the hereafter. (Thus maintaining the status quo of suffering and inequality)."

Go on Sherlock, where does that assert religion is the cause of suffering? 🙄

You're really not quite the full shilling, are you. (Rhetorical).

E

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
This one?

"Religion often functions as the 'opium of the masses' (Marx) and tells those in poverty and hardship to accept their lot in life and wait for their reward in the hereafter. (Thus maintaining the status quo of suffering and inequality)."

Go on Sherlock, where does that assert religion is the cause of suffering? 🙄

You're really not quite the full shilling, are you. (Rhetorical).
Religion is a tool of the pwerful to keep the poor in their place.

It is your opinion which you believe is true.

If you are interested in helping the poor, posting to the internet demonstrates what you claim to believe and what you do are not the same.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Come now. "God defend Himself" ....

That guy hasn't so much as said boo to anyone who has genuinely asked.

I do know of some people who have had Jesus experiences , but again, never heard of JC telling anyone to believe in god or that he even exists.
Maybe JC only exists as a manifestation of their Christian doubt. Either way I have seen the ...[text shortened]... it will be on equal footing. I will not bow down to anyone because some other person told me to.
I didn’t become a Christian because I grew up in a Christian home. I grew up in a broken home. I fell into drugs and did a lot of things I don’t even want to admit to. God got my attention, and started drawing me until I gave Him my life. He completely changed me and is still working on me. For me this isn’t a debate because I think my life is better, or my ideology is better, but that Jesus is real and does save sinners who turn to Him.

You want to demand God meet you on equal footing as if you were equal to God, really?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Oct 17
1 edit

Religion is a tool of the pwerful to keep the poor in their place.

It is your opinion which you believe is true.

If you are interested in helping the poor, posting to the internet demonstrates what you claim to believe and what you do are not the same.
"Religion is a tool of the powerful to keep the poor in their place."

Absolutely.

"It is your opinion which you believe is true?"

Illogical question. Try again.

"If you are interested in helping the poor, posting to the internet demonstrates what you claim to believe and what you do are not the same."

Complete drivel. Barely understandable.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I didn’t become a Christian because I grew up in a Christian home. I grew up in a broken home. I fell into drugs and did a lot of things I don’t even want to admit to. God got my attention, and started drawing me until I gave Him my life. He completely changed me and is still working on me. For me this isn’t a debate because I think my life is better, or m ...[text shortened]... to Him.

You want to demand God meet you on equal footing as if you were equal to God, really?
Yes. Really.

Or is god too good for me to expect equality?

I just cant take seriously any ideology which demands that I place some above myself without any recourse to any real evidence.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Yes. Really.

Or is god too good for me to expect equality?

I just cant take seriously any ideology which demands that I place some above myself without any recourse to any real evidence.
Yes, God is to good for you, you'd die as soon as you got into His presence; moreover, as
a wicked sinner before a Holy God what makes you think you would ever be able to stand
toe to toe with Him.

There is no one who can stand before God and deliver out of His hand, no one can resist
Him, there was none before Him, there is none beside Him, and after. The only reason
you are here is because He brought you into being and maintains you. The only recourse
any of us have before a Holy God is acknowledge Him for who He is. Without His mercy
you'd be done.

w

Moves
23 Oct 17
2 edits

Not 'all' sir. Religion often functions as the 'opium of the masses' (Marx) and tells those in poverty and hardship to accept their lot in life and wait for their reward in the hereafter. (Thus maintaining the status quo of suffering and inequality).
And the world teaches us that all that matters is money and if you don't have it, kill if need be to get some. This usually translates into them dying early along with other innocent people.

Thanks, I'll stick with that I have instead.

w

Moves
23 Oct 17

"Religion is a tool of the powerful to keep the poor in their place."

Absolutely.

"It is your opinion which you believe is true?"

Illogical question. Try again.

"If you are interested in helping the poor, posting to the internet demonstrates what you claim to believe and what you do are not the same."

Complete drivel. Barely understandable.
All religion?

Was Christ in this camp as well?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @whodey
And the world teaches us that all that matters is money and if you don't have it, kill if need be to get some. This usually translates into them dying early along with other innocent people.

Clearly sir we live in very different worlds.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Oct 17

All religion?

Was Christ in this camp as well?
Please research the term 'religion' and come back to us.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
23 Oct 17

Who exactly is the "world" that "teaches" what you described, whodey? Who exactly are the persons you perceive as "us" in your description?
What is exactly the "that you have" thingy of yours?
😵

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Oct 17

I dunno where you live Whodey, but the world doesn't teach that around my neck of the woods. Maybe you should move somewhere nicer.

F

Moves
23 Oct 17

And the world teaches us that all that matters is money and if you don't have it, kill if need be to get some.
I have lived in several different parts of the world, whodey, and no part of it teaches what you say the world teaches. Are you talking about something you heard a radio shock jock say or the lyrics to a death metal album or something like that?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Yes, God is to good for you, you'd die as soon as you got into His presence; moreover, as
a wicked sinner before a Holy God what makes you think you would ever be able to stand
toe to toe with Him.

There is no one who can stand before God and deliver out of His hand, no one can resist
Him, there was none before Him, there is none beside Him, and afte ...[text shortened]... of us have before a Holy God is acknowledge Him for who He is. Without His mercy
you'd be done.
I'm not sure whether to be glad or sad about myself here.

So it's just the usual here say bible evidence quoted by believers eh?
Do you think you'll ever doubt those claims which have absolutely no scientific evidence to back up?