"Thoughtcrimes"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
278d

@yo-its-me said
To reason, to have a built in feeling of fair and not fair feels like it can't be just atoms colliding that caused that.
Who has claimed that they believe a "feeling of fair and not fair is "just atoms colliding"?

F

Moves
278d

@yo-its-me said
i guess to someone who doesn't believe in God it makes sense that it just 'is'?
It can't come out of nowhere in my opinion.
Who has told you they believe people's sense of right and wrong "comes out of nowhere"?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
278d

@yo-its-me said
Yes, I do.
To know how to tell if something is true. To reason, to have a built in feeling of fair and not fair feels like it can't be just atoms colliding that caused that.
To me anyway.
Don't you think this knowledge in us comes from outside of us?
Speaking as an atheist, I don't think morality or reason came from nowhere or is in anyway random. Like the rest of us (our physiology etc) it is something that evolved over time. Our survival as a species was heavily dependent on our early ability to cooperate and work together as a group (for hunting etc). It is out of this cooperation that basic morality developed. (You don't steal my club and I won't steal yours etc).

F

Moves
278d
1 edit

@yo-its-me said
If by "this knowledge" you mean the stuff that makes our moral compasses work, who is it who denies that it comes largely "from outside of us"?

F

Moves
278d
1 edit

@yo-its-me said
Yes, I do.
To know how to tell if something is true. To reason, to have a built in feeling of fair and not fair feels like it can't be just atoms colliding that caused that.
To me anyway.
These versions of what non-theists supposedly think make it sound like you have been manipulated by religionists using clumsy strawmen.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
278d

@fmf said
These versions of what non-theists supposedly think make it sound like you have been manipulated by religionists using clumsy strawmen.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

But to be clear, you think knowing how to tell if something is true is part of every human in the same way that atoms collided to give us life?

F

Moves
278d

@yo-its-me said
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

But to be clear, you think knowing how to tell if something is true is part of every human in the same way that atoms collided to give us life?
"Atoms collided"?

"Knowing how to tell if something is true"?

I think you're trying to use some kind of absurdly reductionist strawman on me that has possibly been used, successfully, on you.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
278d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Speaking as an atheist, I don't think morality or reason came from nowhere or is in anyway random. Like the rest of us (our physiology etc) it is something that evolved over time. Our survival as a species was heavily dependent on our early ability to cooperate and work together as a group (for hunting etc). It is out of this cooperation that basic morality developed. (You don't steal my club and I won't steal yours etc).
This makes more sense then what FMF is saying.
I can see your logic here.
It fits with what I think of when I think of cave men too.

There's a development in the Bible too, from old to new.
Perhaps there's truth in both.

F

Moves
278d

@yo-its-me said
This makes more sense then what FMF is saying.
It was only a couple of days ago that I said, I'm fairly sure to you, that I believe human values evolved out of the necessities inherent to our social nature and communal living. I now realize that it may have made no sense to you.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
278d

@fmf said
"Atoms collided"?

"Knowing how to tell if something is true"?

I think you're trying to use some kind of absurdly reductionist strawman on me that has possibly been used, successfully, on you.
pfft.
You're right, I've not really made any sense in this thread today.
G of D had more interesting things to say then me
I should be working on this case I have open and I haven't made much progress on it at all.
The development of content in this thread is too big a subject for me to be dipping into when I'm trying to understand a bit of legislation.
I am sorry that I haven't given this (or my work) my full attention. Today has been a bit of a waste for me.
Tomorrow will be better.
I'm going to get some sunshine before it's gone.

F

Moves
278d

@yo-its-me said
You're right, I've not really made any sense in this thread today.
G of D had more interesting things to say then me
Well, if it helps at all with your assessment of what's interesting and not interesting, I have found the last few things you've said to me to be a little bit interesting in so far as they have struck me as being a variation on a pretty standard theist rhetorical gimmick.

F

Moves
278d

@yo-its-me said
I'm going to get some sunshine before it's gone.
10.30 pm here. Dark. A tad chilly. The neighbourhood - and neighbouring beighbourhoods - kind of noisy with all the eve of Independence Day stuff going on.

SLK
Master

MAPLEWOOD, MN HEAVEN

Moves
278d

@divegeester
You should not take so much stock in The Bible. Please do not misunderstand me.

You obviously believe in Jesus. So do I. & The Holy Spirit & God.

As far as The Bible goes, it does seem like it's been influenced by animal's or other species.

Now I can tell you that I have read The Bible cover to cover 1x & at least 1-2 x's random readings.

The 1st x I read Matthew 25:1-13 it was nothing like the last several x's I've read it. I would of remembered a read like the current 1 in the new testament speaking of Heaven being like 10 virgins.

I have to say that does not reflect My Sweet Lord. My Sweet Lord would not throw away 5 virgins.

My Sweet Lord would of had the 10 virgins draw a lottery or draw straws to see who goes to the vender to purchase more oil. Then the other 9 make sure that she gets in as they share their oil like sister's. Instead of being greedy & selfish. That way it's a win-win-win for all. That's just 1 story.

I'm 100% certain that 13 verses is relatively new to the new testament as it wasn't in there 20 years ago. Yet "they" claim it was all written long ago.

I can recall other changes as well such as the genealogy of Jesus. That has definitely changed over time.

How? Excellent question.

Have you ever read Matthew 25?

The 1st 13 verses definitely were not there 20 years ago. If you read the entire chapter 25 you will see that it is referring to goats & sheep. Not humans.

I definitely believe in The Holy Spirit, Jesus, & God. I also know Jesus is NOT a Jew anymore than Moses.

I think "they" are liars/bull sticker's. But not all of them.

There is 1 in particular.
He heard that there was no way any Jews were gassed in Europe. & that it was proven. Because the only place on this planet you can gas a human to death is the United States of America.
Germany does NOT have "gas chambers" to gas humans to death.

Gas chambers require "air tight" "vacuum sealed" rooms. Where the doors are like on a submarine.

The Jew initially claimed that the Nazis or Nazzarethens gassed them to death in 16 different concentration camps.

1 by 1 each 1 was proven to be incapable of gassing any human to death. They did however have delousing chambers. Not so different than a shower stahl. Only it killed lice & harmless to humans.

Now if Jews are lice, then ok they may have an argument. If they are human, then they must be truthful.

This isn't even all that difficult to find the truth.

1 Jew did. He went to Auswitz, Poland as they were the last of the original 16 concentration camps that supposedly gassed humans to death. He said originally he was going to find out that of course they gassed humans to death. But almost as soon as he got there the opposite started to reveal its self.

He, "a Jew", concluded that it was a lie about any humans being gassed to death by Nazis/Nazzarethens.

Only The United States of America to this date has the ability to gas humans to death. No other country has this type of facility. It is a fact that should be easily confirmed.

Making a "vacuum sealed room" for the purpose of gassing a human to death is not exactly cheap.

& any other country with such should know if they do or not.

Peace be with you my friend.

Seek the truth & you shall find the truth. Know that all criminal's are 100% transparent & they are.

Criminal's defined as "hurting & or robbing some one innocent".

Because we are entitled to defend ourselves & others. & should.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
278d

@fmf said
10.30 pm here. Dark. A tad chilly. The neighbourhood - and neighbouring beighbourhoods - kind of noisy with all the eve of Independence Day stuff going on.
The summer here has been one of intense heat in May/June with July being full of rain. August has been disappointing.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
278d

@star-luck-key said
@divegeester
You should not take so much stock in The Bible. Please do not misunderstand me.

You obviously believe in Jesus. So do I. & The Holy Spirit & God.

As far as The Bible goes, it does seem like it's been influenced by animal's or other species.

Now I can tell you that I have read The Bible cover to cover 1x & at least 1-2 x's random readings.

T ...[text shortened]... & or robbing some one innocent".

Because we are entitled to defend ourselves & others. & should.
When did they let you out ?
I wonder which doctor signed that release form.
Give me his name, he needs to be fired.