Three wise former gays

Three wise former gays

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
27 Dec 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Yet obesity surely brings one 'into direct conflict with nature and the word of God'?!
yes, which is why i am taking measures to bring my life back into harmony with nature and the word of God and when i do, you are gonna hear about it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes, which is why i am taking measures to bring my life back into harmony with nature and the word of God and when i do, you are gonna hear about it.
Why do you need reference to biblical verse when science has clearly shown life threatening conditions arising from obesity? Why should that be a religious issue at all?

Seems pretty simple, Henry the 8th found out about that the hard way. We have a few hundred years of progress on that dude so what is the big biblical deal here?

Why not just go 'I am obese, it is a threat to my future and present health, therefore I have to take measures to lower my weight'.

It is just like the Jewish invocation of a ban against pork. That is a biblical thing but the only reason that ban started was because people could get really sick from eating pork contaminated with parasites.

Now we know better, we make pork with zero parasites.

So why the multi-thousand year ban on pork still in place today?

Just another indication of the man made nature of the bible and Christianity and all the Abrahamic religions.

GOD did not tell people not to eat pork. If this god had seen the problem it would have instead gotten to the real issue, "look folks, these pigs can get this parasite, try growing them parasite free, I can give you some hints on how to do that''. That is what a REAL god would do.

The fact that there is simply a biblical ban on pork shows the man made nature of the enterprise.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 13
2 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]" I was born a male"
so was liberace.

you seem to misunderstand the difference between sexuality and gender. simply by having a penis and having sex with women does not make you heterosexual. your heterosexuality (or lack of it) is defined by your sexuality, by what you are sexuality attracted to. if you are in relationship with a woman and are sexually attracted to her and you are sexually attracted to men (which many people are to varying degrees) then you are bi-sexual (to one degree or another).

Do you think that people should merely always go along with whatever attraction they have ? Or do you think sometimes self control should be exercised ?

Is every preference for sexual union legitimate ?

Any and all sexual attractions are equally valid ?

rc

Moves
27 Dec 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Why do you need reference to biblical verse when science has clearly shown life threatening conditions arising from obesity? Why should that be a religious issue at all?

Seems pretty simple, Henry the 8th found out about that the hard way. We have a few hundred years of progress on that dude so what is the big biblical deal here?

Why not just go 'I ...[text shortened]... he fact that there is simply a biblical ban on pork shows the man made nature of the enterprise.
The God of science? pah, ask it a simple question like, 'what is the purpose of the universe?' and its impotent. Your anti religious bigotry has no place here.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Dec 13

Originally posted by sonship
[quote] so was liberace.

you seem to misunderstand the difference between sexuality and gender. simply by having a penis and having sex with women does not make you heterosexual. your heterosexuality (or lack of it) is defined by your sexuality, by what you are sexuality attracted to. if you are in relationship with a woman and are sexually attracted to ...[text shortened]... preference for sexual union legitimate ?

Did you choose your sexual attraction to women sonship?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Dec 13

So obesity is 'anti spiritual'. We got there in the end.

T

Moves
27 Dec 13
1 edit

While it's good that RC is attempting to bring his gluttony under control, here's an interesting quote from RC made in July of '09:
on the contrary my position is perfectly clear. a person that is a dedicated member of the congregation that succumbs to a serious sin, whether it is gluttony, immorality, homosexuality whatever, shall be given the opportunity and assistance that is needed to help them overcome their particular problem, if they refuse the help, they are clearly unrepentant and shall be removed, until such times as they demonstrate repentance, in accord with Biblical standards.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=114930&page=20

Which was in response to the following from the same page:
You avoid the question:
"Do you allow [gluttons] to remain in your congregation? If so, why is it different for homosexuals?"

Why do you allow the gluttonous in your congregation? Are you saying that you cannot clearly discern that it is wrong also? Is a glutton who continues to overeat truly repentant or merely remorseful? You do not explain how it is different for homosexuals.

To the best of my recollection, from what I could tell from that thread and others, RC knew of no JW who had been reproached, no less removed for their gluttony. Such is the hypocrisy of RC and the JW organization. But then RC's hypocrisy has been well documented regarding Pancake Tuesday of which, despite its pagan origins, RC would not only freely partake, but announce beforehand his intention to do so - and of course there's also been RC's regular practice of lying which has been even more extensively documented by FMF, myself and others.

rc

Moves
27 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
While it's good that RC is attempting to bring his gluttony under control, here's an interesting quote from RC made in July of '09:
[quote]on the contrary my position is perfectly clear. [b]a person that is a dedicated member of the congregation that succumbs to a serious sin, whether it is gluttony, immorality, homosexuality whatever, shall be given the ...[text shortened]... lar practice of lying which has been even more extensively documented by FMF, myself and others.
mmmm pancakes! 😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Did you choose your sexual attraction to women sonship?

I told you that I was born a male.

Any temporary periods of some kind of infatuation with other young boys during puberty, I outgrew. I did not remain there or cling to those phases of my maturing.

I do not doubt that others had a great deal difficulty in accepting their sexuality. They deserve sympathy and empathy, understanding, sometimes professional help.

1.) Is sexual contact ever unhealthy or unloving ?

2.) Are all forms of of sexual contact the same ?

3.) Are people ever born with conditions that are not normal and yet harmful?

4.) Should we let all our behavior go along with our desire, explaining the desire as "orientation" ?

5.) Should people act upon every desire that they have ?

6.) Should the government recognize every desire people have as a right ?

7.) Do you think that to have civilization many people have to exercise restraint upon their desires ?

Moves
27 Dec 13

[quote] so was liberace.

you seem to misunderstand the difference between sexuality and gender. simply by having a penis and having sex with women does not make you heterosexual. your heterosexuality (or lack of it) is defined by your sexuality, by what you are sexuality attracted to. if you are in relationship with a woman and are sexually attracted to ...[text shortened]... preference for sexual union legitimate ?

"Do you think that people should merely always go along with [b]whatever attraction they have ?"[/b]

what do you mean by 'go along with'? do you mean carry out their sexual desires? if so, then as long as they are not forcing or exploiting somebody else then i cant think of a reason why they shouldnt do whatever it is they like to do.

Is every preference for sexual union legitimate ?

im not sure what you mean by 'legitimate'?

Any and all sexual attractions are equally valid

again, im not sure what you mean by 'valid'??? what is a 'valid' sexual attraction??

T

Moves
27 Dec 13
1 edit

mmmm pancakes! 😀
Evidently RC's hypocrisy continues....no surprise here.

rc

Moves
27 Dec 13

Evidently RC's hypocrisy continues....no surprise here.
tee hee 😀

T

Moves
27 Dec 13
3 edits

[b]Did you choose your sexual attraction to women sonship?

I told you that I was born a male.

Any temporary periods of some kind of infatuation with other young boys during puberty, I outgrew. I did not remain there or cling to those phases of my maturing.

I do not doubt that others had a great deal difficulty in accepting their sexuality. ...[text shortened]... you think that to have civilization many people have to exercise restraint upon their desires ?[/b]
PK's point, which you keep dodging is that you did not CHOOSE your sexual orientation and from what I gather the vast majority of people (both homosexual and heterosexual do not). Based on your response to PK it would seem that you need to educated yourself on both gender and sexual orientation. Try reading the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_orientation

Try looking to Jesus if you want guidance on this issue:
Matthew 7
12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

With that in mind, you should ask yourself what harm a homosexual couple in a loving, caring relationship does to anyone else. You should also ask yourself if you would have others coerce or otherwise force you out of your sexual orientation (in your case heterosexuality).

T

Moves
27 Dec 13

tee hee 😀
Hypocrisy that RC chooses to revel in...no surprise there either.

rc

Moves
27 Dec 13
1 edit

Hypocrisy that RC chooses to revel in...no surprise there either.
pancakes and dancing, its the ruination of Scotland 😀