TO ALL OF REDHOTPAWN

TO ALL OF REDHOTPAWN

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by Rolfey
taken from wikipedia:

"Modern geocentrists point to some passages in the Bible, which, when taken literally, indicate that the daily apparent motions of the Sun and the Moon are due to their actual motions around the Earth rather than due to the rotation of the Earth about its axis. One is Ecclesiastes 1:5:

The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, ...[text shortened]... ss a sea bed on foot?!!!! what of the environmental consequences? fantasy, pure and simple.
🙂 Never thought God could do that, huh? All things are possible with God. If He can make the ultimate computer code of DNA, he can surely stop the Sun and Moon and keep the Earth spinning. Have faith! Do not doubt! Jesus Lives man!

Hinesville, GA

Moves
16 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by TheSkipper
oh oh! I know! I know!

They are all creation science or intelligent design apologists!!

What do I get if I'm right? 😉

TheSkipper
See! No, Stephen Hawking is not a creationist. I told you if I gave you material, you'd still doubt. Nothing matters. But, Jesus still loves you, and He will give you every opportunity to know the love of God through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ. Yahweh is great! Yahweh is gracious! Praise the Lord God of Israel who created Heaven and Earth.

R

Moves
16 Feb 06

Originally posted by powershaker
No, what you just quoted never said the Earth is in the "centre" of the universe. Also, could not God who made it stop it so they could go to war? Would not the one who made the universe make then Sun and Moon stop in their places so they could fight? It seems to me if I make a basketball out of rubber. I can move it wherever I please. 🙂 HAHA You're hilarious.
read my post again you dim witted idiot. i frankly stated that the quote i was using did not reference the centre of the universe.

now, can you hold on for a minute - you wrote four replies to one post, now that i think you've finally got around to making your point i will compose my reply. give me about ten minutes please.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
16 Feb 06

No, what you just quoted never said the Earth is in the "centre" of the universe. Also, could not God who made it stop it so they could go to war? Would not the one who made the universe make then Sun and Moon stop in their places so they could fight? It seems to me if I make a basketball out of rubber. I can move it wherever I please. 🙂 HAHA You're hilarious.
Joshua 10:12 On the day when the LORD gave the Amorites over to the Israelites, Joshua spoke to the LORD; and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and Moon, in the valley of Aijalon." 13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stopped in midheaven, and did not hurry to set for about a whole day.
14 There has been no day like it before or since, when the LORD heeded a human voice; for the LORD fought for Israel.

Now, if the sun actually stopped, what I don’t understand is how that made the day any longer...?

And if the sun didn’t really stop, then we have a metaphor right smack in the middle of the narrative text of the Bible (not even in the psalms or proverbs). From then on, all we have to argue about is what is, or is not, metaphor, allegory, etc.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
17 Feb 06
2 edits

And, the Earth was created in 7 days. That has never been disproven by science. Carbon dating is inaccurate and so are a lot of isotopic measurements of age. Do you research. Nothing in the Bible has ever been disproven by science to a 100% certainty. Nothing.
So let me get this straight, the earth is 6000 years old? All carbon dates (going back to 40,000 years ago uncalibrated and 15,000 calibrated [using tree rings]) that put it older than that are wrong? Every single thing we know about geology is wrong (How can valleys be created by glaciers in such a short time or the Grand Canyon by the Colorado even?)? Every dinosaur bone is a fake? Every other method we have of determining dates (radioactive decay etc.) is wrong? Every scrap of astronomical evidence we have is wrong (ages and relative speeds of stars, chemical makeup etc.)?

You've got a ton of things to show are wrong before you can start claiming that there is even a possibility that the Earth was created in 7 days 6000 years ago.

Let's start simple. Explain how calibrated carbon dating is wrong.
Do supply evidence.
Do use your own words.
Do NOT just cast vague doubts which may amount of 5-10% inaccuracy.
Do NOT tell me to go read a book especially one written by a creationist.
Do NOT copy and paste something you don't understand.
Do use your own words.

After this we'll move onto other dating methods and then geology and finally to astronomy. Be prepared or I will eat you alive.

R

Moves
17 Feb 06
1 edit

You say, "earth centre of the universe? earth made in 7 days? earth only several thousand years old? idiot."

1.) Science has never proven the Earth was not created in 7 days. Carbon dating and other means of fossil dating are inaccurate. There are petrified trees that are found through layers of fossil that are supposedly millions of years old. And has the Lord Jesus Christ (the Bread of Life) has eternal glory with his creator!
ok here we go again. i've typed this in as many small words as i can to be sure you understand.

against your points by number:

1.) petrified trees have stopped growing. Please see this link to wikipedia to understand. the fact they are standing should be made clear here too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrified_wood
maybe you should do your research.

2.) having burned any bibles i have come into contact with while dancing in nothing but green jelly (or jello to you americans) before having protected intercourse with my girlfriend (note not wife) i haven't got to hand the specific reference. as you state though maybe it has been taken out of context, something you can do at whim to suit your needs.

3.) I have just searched for this dragon of yours via google and can not find it at all. can you provide a link please. as for people seeing live dinosaurs i refer you to the following :
http://www.venganza.org/
i have a friend who swears they have seen this.
as for dragons being real, in china, please see the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_dragon#Origin
again, you should think before you type.

PS: "Rolfey, you can never disprove the Word of God and neither can science. They've tried. Many men who war against the truths of God to give themselves more reason to beat their wives, lie, cheat, steal and dishonor their mothers and fathers, have attempted to prove what you are saying is true - that the Word of God is a lie! That the Holy Bible has mistakes. Just like scientists doubting that Abraham was in UR! For years they said, "No, this place never existed! It never did!" Then, they end up digging up an ancient stone circa around the time of Abraham that has engraved on it: "UR!""

I do not know what UR is. this all sounds like rant again though and frankly i will not respond to it any more.

THIS LAST PART FROM YOUR MESSAGE MAKES THIS ENTIRE CONVERSATION OVER:

"No, I may not be able to prove with 100% certainty that God exists."

THEREFORE YOU HAVE ADMITTED THAT YOU CAN NOT PROVE GOD EXISTS.

and the duck thing? you are such a gibbering moron i feel pity for you as i write against you. my girlfriend, my friend and I call you a duck. therefore you are one. oh wait! no you're not! idiot. more than three people agreed with hitlers views, so in your mind he must be right and ok. see how stupid your reasoning is now.
"There is more proof for Jesus Christ and the Word of God than there is that proves He does not exist! "
you have just stated that you can not prove it. fool.
then you carried on ranting and i got bored.

as you can not prove the existence of god (freely admitted by you) this conversation is over.

L

Moves
17 Feb 06

You say, "earth centre of the universe? earth made in 7 days? earth only several thousand years old? idiot."

1.) Science has never proven the Earth was not created in 7 days. Carbon dating and other means of fossil dating are inaccurate. There are petrified trees that are found through layers of fossil that are supposedly millions of years old. And ...[text shortened]... has the Lord Jesus Christ (the Bread of Life) has eternal glory with his creator!
Rolfey, there is a philosopher who once came up with this wise thought: If God does not exist and hell does not exist but I am believing in Him, then what do I lose by believing in Him if I am wrong? But, if I am right! Oh boy! If I am right, I will be living with the one and only Son of God whose Kingdom has no ending, whose glory is everlasting. But, if I do not believe, what do I gain if I am wrong? Eternal damnation. Fire. Disaster. Sadness. Separation from the eternal God who created Heaven and Earth.

I read an essay recently by George Schlesinger who discusses Pascal's Wager as a "Central Theistic Argument". And I think he is right: Pascal's Wager does seem to be a primary tenement for housing much theistic belief. And I think that is just as pathetic as pathetic can be.

I think we should all just view acceptance of Pascal's Wager for what it really is: a willingness to show unwarranted devotion to arbitrary beliefs based on some vague inclination that such actions may promote personal gain. Again, that is pathetic. Furthermore, Pascal's reasoning is none too sound, and you should do some research on why (the many-gods objection, for instance).

But, if three people call you a duck, you better start quacking.

So the record of popular acceptance of a given religious claim should factor into the determination of whether or not belief in the claim is epistemically justified? I think I have herd that somewhere before.

w

Moves
17 Feb 06

If you people met Jesus, you'd still doubt God! Just like the people doubting MOses when God departed the waters of the Red Sea for the Hebrews to escape from Ramses of Egypt. Doubt all you want! Jesus is Lord and everyone shall know it before it is over.
God departed the waters of the Red Sea? Why was he there in the first place? Did he go there with Saga?

Hinesville, GA

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
What does the fact that Stephen Hawking is mentioned have to with the credability of the book? Also what does his using of imaginary numbers have to do with anything at all?
Because his formulas do not work unless he uses imaginary numbers, and considering that Hawking is one of the greatest cosmologists of our time, I believe it is quite odd that his most respect heiness is going on mathematical guess work. Now, if you say you know more than Stephen Hawking, Xanthos, I'd say you are a lune! This goes to show you that no scientist today knows the answers to the universe. It is still the unsolvable equation, because who can explain the infinite abilities of God?

Hinesville, GA

Moves
17 Feb 06
2 edits

Originally posted by welsharnie
God departed the waters of the Red Sea? Why was he there in the first place? Did he go there with Saga?
To let Moses and the Hebrews through, because the Egyptians along with the Pharoah Ramses was after them and trying to kill them. Once the Hebrews had crossed the Red Sea, God released the waters, and the Egyptian armies drowned. There is archaeological evidence that the Red Sea could have very well parted according to studies. But, I do not need proof. I believe in the Word of God, and the Word of God is TRuth. However, it is pretty cool when your faith in God is reinforced by science alone.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by LemonJello
[b]Rolfey, there is a philosopher who once came up with this wise thought: If God does not exist and hell does not exist but I am believing in Him, then what do I lose by believing in Him if I am wrong? But, if I am right! Oh boy! If I am right, I will be living with the one and only Son of God whose Kingdom has no ending, whose glory is everlasting. ...[text shortened]... n the claim is epistemically justified? I think I have herd that somewhere before.
Why don't you tell Jesus that when He arrives, LemonJello. However, I don't think you'll be doing that, because you'll end up on your knees awestruck by the power of the living God.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
17 Feb 06

ok here we go again. i've typed this in as many small words as i can to be sure you understand.

1.) petrified trees have stopped growing. Please see this link to wikipedia to understand. the fact they are standing should be made clear here too:
maybe you should do your rese ...[text shortened]... not prove the existence of god (freely admitted by you) this conversation is over.
You won't respond to "UR," because you don't know what it is! Read the Holy Bible. UR is mentioned in the Bible. Also, just because petrified trees stop growing doesn't mean their roots weren't once alive and how are they still bearing in the soil that houses alleged million year old fossils? The layers cannot flip over one another.

1.) A tree grows.
2.) It dies and is petrified.
3.) It's rooks are still stuck in the soil it was living in at one time.
4.) The tree's life was 500 years old.
5.) The soil is millions of years old it is buried in.
6.) The age of the tree and its time of death can be determined to be 500 years old.
7.) How is it that the fossils it's buried in are millions of years old and date around the time of the tree? Scientists will say the tree is millions of years old as well as the soil. But, how do we know how old the soil is or the tree? We don't. It's scientific hocus pocus.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by welsharnie
Read the Old Testament and you'll find out welsharnie. But, I'd read the New Testament. Maybe you'll discover a savior in Jesus Christ Our Lord. 🙂

Hinesville, GA

Moves
17 Feb 06
2 edits

maybe you should do your rese not prove the existence of god (freely admitted by you) this conversation is over.
Well, it's like this. I cannot prove that the Sun will burn you alive if I dipped you in it, Rolfey. You're right I cannot prove that! But, I can with astronomical certainty say that it is true. Now, I cannot show you God, so you can see Him. Moses saw his back and His hair turned white. Plus, if you saw God right now, it would kill you. He is too powerful and glorious to look upon. But, anyway, I do know within astronomical certainty that God lives, by the code of DNA, by the stars and the cosmological constant, by the love He bestows the hearts of men, by the courage He gives us when we have none, by the first breaths of a baby (they can't explain it by the way; how the baby begins to breathe), by the eyewitness testimony of many atheists who have died and saw the flames but were brought back only to find Jesus Christ, by the fact that cilia turns 10,000 RPMs a second and we can't make any engine turn that many RPMs - stop immediately - and turn another 10,000 RPMs in the other direction, by the speed of a Hummingbird's wings, by the knowledge of ants to teach each other how to gather food (yes, it's true), by the fact that if the Sun were 5% closer or farther away from Earth we would surely die, by the impossible odds that a single cell in all its immense complexities is just a matter of chance! Come now! Don't be silly! It's all within an astronomical certainty, just like dipping your buttocks in the Sun overhead if we could reach it. Also, did you know the Sun is not a star? It's like no other star in our galaxy, but scientists try to explain it by calling it a star. However, it's really not a star in its construction. Then, what is it? Well, God said in the Bible it's the Sun He made to give us light, and Moon will rule the night. The Sun is 400 times farther away from the Moon, the Moon is 400 times smaller than the Sun, and Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon. If they weren't at that exact distance and that exact size, there would be no solar eclipse. God did it! Astronomical certainties! Do not doubt any longer. Believe in the Lord God of Abraham and Isaac who created Heaven and Earth!

~~ Father Abraham had many sons!~~
~~ Many sons had father Abrahammmmm ~~~ and I am one of them and so are you~~~ and we shall praise the Lord! ~~~ Right hand, left hand, turn around ~~~

~~ King of Kings and Lord of Lords ~~ Glory! Allelujah! King of Kings and Lord of Lords Glory! Allelujah!!!~~

~~ Jesus loves me this I know ~~ For the Bible tells me so! Little ones to Him belong! They are weak but He is strong! Yes Jesus lovesss me! Yes Jesus lovesss me! Yes Jesus lovesss me! For the Bible tells me soooo!

d

Moves
17 Feb 06

~~ Jesus loves me this I know ~~ For the Bible tells me so! Little ones to Him belong! They are weak but He is strong! Yes Jesus lovesss me! Yes Jesus lovesss me! Yes Jesus lovesss me! For the Bible tells me soooo!
I bet he just can't wait for you to get up there.