1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 04:11
    @fmf said
    Whatever you or I think or assert with regard to the supposed supernatural implications of the Bible's content, those viewpoints of ours are subjective in nature.
    By your estimation is this statement you made true for everyone or only yourself?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 04:28
    @dj2becker said
    By your estimation is this statement you made true for everyone or only yourself?
    I am simply sharing my personal opinion about the nature of people's claims regarding supernatural things ~ and that's all you are doing too.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 04:50
    @dj2becker said
    That’s your subjective opinion.
    Exactly. And you can state whatever subjective opinions you happen to have about supernatural matters as well.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 05:261 edit
    @fmf said
    I am simply sharing my personal opinion about the nature of people's claims regarding supernatural things ~ and that's all you are doing too.
    The questions you dodged is whether you believe your subjective opinions are only true for yourself or whether you believe they are true for everyone. I fully understand why you would avoid answering it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 05:48
    @dj2becker said
    The questions you dodged is whether you believe your subjective opinions are only true for yourself or whether you believe they are true for everyone. I fully understand why you would avoid answering it.
    I believe that my subjective opinions about whether or not speculation regarding supernatural phenomena generates "objectivity" or, instead, falls within the realm of "subjectivity", applies to everybody, as I have been making clear to you since you were posting as Fetchmyjunk in 2016. There has been no "dodging"

If you think my beliefs are untrue, that's your prerogative. We are simply sharing our perspectives on reality, after all.

I fully understand why you keep suggesting over and over and over and over again that your viewpoints on supernatural things are "objective". You have been doing so for at least 4 years - and do so in a way that seems to suggest that you are not reading anything I post.

Presumably, you fully understand that your assertions about the "objectivity" of your beliefs only have traction with people whose speculations about supernatural things have resulted in them having opinions that you agree with.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 05:58
    @fmf said
    I believe that my subjective opinions about whether or not speculation regarding supernatural phenomena generates "objectivity" or, instead, falls within the realm of "subjectivity", applies to everybody, as I have been making clear to you since you were posting as Fetchmyjunk in 2016. There has been no "dodging"

If you think my beliefs are untrue, that's your prerogative. We ...[text shortened]... se speculations about supernatural things have resulted in them having opinions that you agree with.
    If you believe that your opinions are true for everyone then that means you believe they are objective and not subjective. Or do you believe subjective opinion can be true for everyone?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 05:58
    @dj2becker said
    do you believe your subjective opinions are only true for yourself or whether you believe they are true for everyone.
    Your belief that your subjective opinions are not only true for yourself, but are true for everyone, is just as subjective as mine.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 06:001 edit
    @dj2becker said
    If you believe that your opinions are true for everyone then that means you believe they are objective and not subjective. Or do you believe subjective opinion can be true for everyone?
    My beliefs about supernatural things are subjective.

I do not believe they are objective.

I do not claim that they are objective.

I do not care if you believe and claim that my opinions are objective.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 06:02
    @dj2becker said
    do you believe subjective opinion can be true for everyone?
    I believe that my opinions about everyone are subjective.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 06:04
    @fmf said
    My beliefs about aupernatural things are subjective. I do not believe they are objective. I do not claim that they are objective. I do not care if you believe and claim that my opinions are objective.
    You just claimed that something you believe about supernatural things is true for everyone. So either you don’t know what objective means or you have no problem contradicting yourself.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 06:05
    @fmf said
    I believe that my opinions about everyone are subjective.
    But then they can’t be true for everyone which is just what you said you believe they are.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 06:06
    @dj2becker said
    You just claimed that something you believe about supernatural things is true for everyone. So either you don’t know what objective means or you have no problem contradicting yourself.
    My opinions about supernatural things, and my opinions about other people's beliefs regarding supernatural things, are all subjective. There is no contradiction.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 06:08
    @dj2becker said
    But then they can’t be true for everyone which is just what you said you believe they are.
    It is my subjective belief that all beliefs regarding supernatural things are subjective. If you want to label that perspective "objective", feel free to do so.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 06:11
    @fmf said
    My opinions about supernatural things, and my opinions about other people's beliefs regarding supernatural things, are all subjective. There is no contradiction.
    The contradiction is that you believe your subjective opinions about supernatural things are true for everyone. But obviously if you throw logic out the door you don’t have to subject yourself the law of non contradiction.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 06:14
    @dj2becker said
    The contradiction is that you believe your subjective opinions about supernatural things are true for everyone. But obviously if you throw logic out the door you don’t have to subject yourself the law of non contradiction.
    There is no contradiction. You also believe your opinions about supernatural things are true for everyone, but that doesn't make your opinions objective. We are both simply sharing our subjective perspectives.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree