1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 02:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Good point. I said what Christ said and that should be the basis for anyone searching for truth.
    True....
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 05:39
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What about the rest of the Bible such as the words of Paul?
    What about them?
    Kelly
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 09:00
    Originally posted by buckky
    Who has the Truth ? What religion has the most Truth ? Truth seekers seem to disagree on who has the Truth. It must be very confusing as to what the Real Truth might be. Two plus two is four, and everything else comes to a hault. The Truth is when it comes to the spiritual world nothing is easy to understand. The Truth is to liquid to hang on to.
    So far all you seem to have got in response is a chorus of people essentially saying "what I believe is the Truth". But surely that is the case by definition. Nobody believes something they believe to be false. We all think we are correct - to a point, and must admit ignorance beyond that.
    What people should have been explaining to you is why they believe their point of view is the truth and why they think you should agree with them.

So let me explain mine. I believe that the only reliable method of investigating the universe, is by using scientific methods. So I generally try to apply scientific methodology to everything, and to a large extent, I believe the truth to be the findings of science. Beyond that, I must largely profess ignorance. In addition I tend to give skepticism to the more outlandish ideas that have no scientific backing.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 11:303 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What about them?
    Kelly
    Perhaps you didn't understand the context in which the question was asked. Please read/reread R's posts as well as mine.
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 11:56
    Originally posted by buckky
    Who has the Truth ? What religion has the most Truth ? Truth seekers seem to disagree on who has the Truth. It must be very confusing as to what the Real Truth might be. Two plus two is four, and everything else comes to a hault. The Truth is when it comes to the spiritual world nothing is easy to understand. The Truth is to liquid to hang on to.
    Everyone has the Truth. It is within you, not without you. If you need others to tell you where is Truth then you are not seeking the Truth, just a shortcut.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 12:02
    Perhaps you didn't understand the context in which the question was asked. Please read/reread R's posts as well as mine.
    Read them, what about them? What are you trying to ask, spell it out please?
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 12:112 edits
    Read them, what about them? What are you trying to ask, spell it out please?
    Kelly
    Yes, read them. If you did, you'd see that I did "spell it out". If you can't be bothered to read them, why should I bother to restate it?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 12:59
    Yes, read them. If you did, you'd see that I did "spell it out". If you can't be bothered to read them, why should I bother to restate it?
    Because I didn't understand, not accusing you of anything, just want you to
    make another attempt.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 13:04
    Because I didn't understand, not accusing you of anything, just want you to
    make another attempt.
    Kelly
    I wasn't thinking you were "accusing' me of anything, but it didn't sound like you had read the posts. If you have read them and have specific questions about my other posts that you didn't understand, then feel free to ask about them.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 13:21
    Well, I guess I'll have to assume that you don't believe the words of Paul are truth.

The only reason I ask is because some seem to believe that the words of Paul ARE the words of Jesus or some such nonsense.

Just wanted to see if you were willing to be perfectly clear. Evidently not.
    You don't think God had anything to do with Paul's writting?
    Kelly
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 13:28
    If the words of Jesus are "sufficient", then the words of Paul are superfluous.

If there is "no contradiction", then what do you make of Romans 3? Jesus spent a great deal of time emphasizing that one must obey His commands which is not what Paul seems to be saying here.
    21But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifeste ...[text shortened]... 28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
    [/b]
    You say you love music but continue hitting that one off-key note. Your demand of a superficial rendering for Scripture is the source of your lack of peace: you draw it near while at the same time keep it at bay.

You do not follow the words of Christ, do not hold all of them in the same regard, yet you chide Christians who are following Him as though they are far afield. Will your tongue-clucking ever end? For your sake, I hope so.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 13:33
    You don't think God had anything to do with Paul's writting?
    Kelly
    No. The words of Paul read like a politician talking out both sides of his mouth. He seemed to be more interested in marketing and gaining power than Truth. As such many of the concepts that Christianity has derived based on his writings are antithetical to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 13:351 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You say you love music but continue hitting that one off-key note. Your demand of a superficial rendering for Scripture is the source of your lack of peace: you draw it near while at the same time keep it at bay.

You do not follow the words of Christ, do not hold all of them in the same regard, yet you chide Christians who are following Him as though they are far afield. Will your tongue-clucking ever end? For your sake, I hope so.
    You continue to take cheap shots rather than addressing the germane points of my posts.

Once again:
    I suppose if you could make an intelligent argument you would. But out of desperation you repeatedly attack my posts and me using dishonest tactics. One of these days you might surprise everyone and start addressing the germane points of my posts instead of taking cheap shots.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 14:001 edit
    No. The words of Paul read like a politician talking out both sides of his mouth. He seemed to be more interested in marketing and gaining power than Truth. As such many of the concepts that Christianity has derived based on his writings are antithetical to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth.
    Okay, we disagree. Now, Paul was a follower of Jesus Christ, one of us if you will,
    so the perspectives are different; however, Jesus told us while he was with us
    that one of the necessary things about His leaving us was that the Holy Spirit
    would come. Paul had a ministry appointed by God; he was filled with Holy Spirit
    of God who taught him many things that he shared.

Paul wasn't out making a name for himself to acquire power and fame; he died
    for the truth that God had revealed to him about Jesus Christ. Many of the
    concepts within Christianity are based upon Paul's relationship with God just as
    they are with Peter, James, Luke, and others.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 14:352 edits
    Okay, we disagree. Now, Paul was a follower of Jesus Christ, one of us if you will,
    so the prespectives are differrent; however, Jesus told us while he was with us
    that one of the necessary things about His leaving us was that the Holy Spirit
    would come. Paul had a minstry appointed by God, he was filled with Holy Spirit
    of God who taught him many thing pon Paul's relationship with God just as
    they are with Peter, James, Luke, and others.
    Kelly
    The problem is that many of the concepts within Christianity that are based on the writings of Paul are antithetical to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth. If Paul were "filled with the Holy Spirit", he would have been ONE with God and Jesus and his writings would echo what Jesus taught. As evidenced by Romans 7, Paul was not ONE with them and knew he wasn't. If Paul had become ONE with them, he would not have continued to sin. From what I can tell, Paul resolved this conflict by creating rationalizations that are the basis of the concepts within Christianity that are antithetical to what Jesus taught.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree