1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 15:15
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You continue to take cheap shots rather than addressing the germane points of my posts.

Once again:
    I suppose if you could make an intelligent argument you would. But out of desperation you repeatedly attack my posts and me using dishonest tactics. One of these days you might surprise everyone and start addressing the germane points of my posts instead of taking cheap shots.
    Cute. Okay, have it your way. Here's a few of those red letter quotes you claim to follow. Let's see how you measure up.

For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, there is no way you will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
    Ouch.

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery;’ but I tell you that everyone who gazes at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
    Hmmm...

If your right eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it away from you.
    That should be easy enough, right?

If your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off, and throw it away from you...
    Well, it's for a good cause.

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, and cast out demons. Freely you received, so freely give.
    Make sure you document these activities, please.

He who doesn’t take his cross and follow after me, isn’t worthy of me.
    Where's yours, again?

For most certainly I tell you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will tell this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
    Move any mountains lately?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 15:35
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Cute. Okay, have it your way. Here's a few of those red letter quotes you claim to follow. Let's see how you measure up.

[b]For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, there is no way you will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Ouch.

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adulter ...[text shortened]... ,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
    Move any mountains lately?[/b]
    You say "okay, have it your way", yet continue with more of the same.

Once again:
    You continue to take cheap shots rather than addressing the germane points of my posts.

Once again:
    [quote]I suppose if you could make an intelligent argument you would. But out of desperation you repeatedly attack my posts and me using dishonest tactics. One of these days you might surprise everyone and start addressing the germane points of my posts instead of taking cheap shots.
    [/quote]
  3. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 21:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    .. And then you can also ask what about Islam and Hinduism. Its a never ending question which I wont answer.

Christ is the way the truth and the life. His words are sufficient for eternal life.

I wont answer again.
    You sound like our IT Director 😀

Any way, I agree: Christ is the answer.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 22:06
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    You sound like our IT Director 😀

Any way, I agree: Christ is the answer.
    Glad to hear that 🙂
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 00:29
    Glad to hear that 🙂
    So Christ is th answer. Yes he is..but what else? Is that it?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 00:41
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So Christ is th answer. Yes he is..but what else? Is that it?
    Is there something missing from the teachings of Christ?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 00:56
    The problem is that many of the concepts within Christianity that are based on the writings of Paul are antithetical to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth. If Paul were "filled with the Holy Spirit", he would have been ONE with God and Jesus and his writings would echo what Jesus taught. As evidenced by Romans 7, Paul was not ONE with them and kn ...[text shortened]... are the basis of the concepts within Christianity that are antithetical to what Jesus taught.
    Can you give some examples of where Jesus and Paul disagree?
    Kelly
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 01:04
    Is there something missing from the teachings of Christ?
    Can't answer a question with a question.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 01:062 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Can you give some examples of where Jesus and Paul disagree?
    Kelly
    How about addressing my post first? Also it seems your question twists around what I actually said. Can you rephrase?
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 01:31
    I,ll say it again....the ruling class at the time of compiling the bible had a big say in how the bible would be written, and they couldnt defeat the growing christian movement so they made a deal with the church to make christianity the state religion and they destroyed the pure teachings of jesus and instructed the scribes to write what they wanted to write.

Because they wanted this new religion to be powerfull and have control over the people, they didnt tell the people that they were already an eternal spiritual beings without beginning or end, because they wanted to create fear in the people and have them think that they need the blessings from the church to get eternal life with this person jesus.

If people new that they were already an eternal spiritual beings, then the church would not have power over them (like it does).

When jesus preached, he condemed animal slaughter (sacrifice) and the ruling class decided not to include this in the writing of the bible, because everyone loves to eat dead flesh. (so they left that out)

Now this man jesus who disappeared for about 20 yrs, was abroad studying the ways of the east, and because he was very sincere and pure of heart, he realized the truth of God and religion very quickly, and when he returned to his home land he preached this higher consciousness, but the priestly class at the time who were following the old testament scripture (fabricated scripture made up of myth and superstition) became envious of this man jesus because he had so much more knowledge and understanding of spiritual life and god than them, so they had him sentenced to death for being a trouble maker and undermining their authority.

So the bible is not the pure teachings of jesus, and if jesus showed up today, he would take one look at the bible and dis-own it.

Part of the deal the church made with the state was that they wanted to keep the old testament as part of the bible and include it with the new testament, but as Ive been saying all along, the new testament is a mish mash of out dated ideas (influenced by the old testament) that the ruling class demanded to have written in this new book called the bible......so its sad to see that the higher concsiousnees that jesus was teaching to the people at the time has not been include in the bible that we have today, but what we have is all the outdated goobly gook that is being passed off to the world as spiritual knowledge.

There is only one source of spiritual truth....Vedanta! and jesus was exsposed to this when he went missing for 20 yrs.

vishva
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 01:571 edit
    How about addressing my post first? Also it seems your question twists around what I actually said. Can you rephrase?
    Examples give about Jesus and Paul disagreeing please?
    Where are they not in agreement, Jesus and Paul that is?
    I believe you are suggesting that Jesus and Paul are not lined up, can you give
    examples where they are not in agreement?
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 01:58
    What about the rest of the Bible such as the words of Paul?
    What about the rest of the Bible? Your suggesting Jesus and Paul disagree, do
    you also suggest that Jesus disagrees with the rest of the Bible as well?
    Kelly
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 02:02
    Examples give about Jesus and Paul disagreeing please?
    Where are they not in agreement, Jesus and Paul that is?
    I believe you are suggesting that Jesus and Paul are lined up, can you give
    examples where they are not in agreement?
    Kelly
    C'mon KJ, is it really too much to ask for you to address the germane points of my post first? That's what a discussion is about. I'm not all that interested in just being interrogated.

Once again, how about addressing my post first? Also it seems your question twists around what I actually said. Can you rephrase?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 02:10
    C'mon KJ, is it really too much to ask for you to address the germane points of my post first? That's what a discussion is about. I'm not all that interested in just being interrogated.

Once again, how about addressing my post first? Also it seems your question twists around what I actually said. Can you rephrase?
    Your first post said what? I found the first one you posted here, maybe you are
    thinkiing about another post, I don't know. I want to address your question,
    but I have to know what your question is! I found the first one and I'm trying
    to find out what disagreement you see between Jesus and Paul, if that isn't the
    point you want me to address....have mercy and make it clearer to me I'll do my
    best to answer you.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 02:171 edit
    Your first post said what? I found the first one you posted here, maybe you are
    thinkiing about another post, I don't know. I want to address your question,
    but I have to know what your question is! I found the first one and I'm trying
    to find out what disagreement you see between Jesus and Paul, if that isn't the
    point you want me to address....have mercy and make it clearer to me I'll do my
    best to answer you.
    Kelly
    I didn't say my "first post", I've been asking you to address my post before we get to your question, i.e., "address my post first".

This post where you didn't address the germane points, but instead asked a question in your response.

The problem is that many of the concepts within Christianity that are based on the writings of Paul are antithetical to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth. If Paul were "filled with the Holy Spirit", he would have been ONE with God and Jesus and his writings would echo what Jesus taught. As evidenced by Romans 7, Paul was not ONE with them and knew he wasn't. If Paul had become ONE with them, he would not have continued to sin. From what I can tell, Paul resolved this conflict by creating rationalizations that are the basis of the concepts within Christianity that are antithetical to what Jesus taught.

Tell me I'm not going to have to continue to go to these absurd lengths in order to communicate with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree