1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 02:28
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I didn't say my "first post", I've been asking you to address my post before we get to your question, i.e., "address my post first".

This post where you didn't address the germane points, but instead asked a question in your response.

[quote]The problem is that many of the concepts within Christianity that are based on the writings of Paul are anti ...[text shortened]... g to have to continue to go to these absurd lengths in order to communicate with you.
    I responded to this, by asking what about Paul was not lining up!?

Seriously, you are making a statement here about Paul not being filled with the
    Holy Spirit, BECAUSE.... but you don't give the because you are very vague about
    that. You smear Paul by saying he, "antithetical " to Jesus' teaching, but you DO
    NOT GIVE SPECIFIC EXAMPLES! Difficult to argue a point of contention if you do
    not share what the point is!
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 02:437 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay

Holy Spirit, BECAUSE.... but you don't give the because you are very vague about
    that. You smear Paul by saying he, "antithetical " to Jesus' teaching, but you DO
    Kelly
    C'mon. At least try to comprehend what I've written before responding.

I know you asked about Paul. That's why I said, "This post where you didn't address the germane points, but instead asked a question in your response." I keep asking you to ADDRESS THE GERMANE points, BEFORE I answer your question. You still haven't ADDRESSED THE GERMANE POINTS.

that.

Do you just keep missing the part where I said, "If Paul were 'filled with the Holy Spirit', he would have been ONE with God and Jesus and his writings would echo what Jesus taught. As evidenced by Romans 7, Paul was not ONE with them and knew he wasn't. IF PAUL HAD BECOME ONE with them, HE WOULD NOT HAVE CONTINUED TO SIN."

You smear Paul by saying he, "antithetical " to Jesus' teaching, but you DO

What I said was, "The problem is that many of the concepts within Christianity that are based on the writings of Paul are antithetical to what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth." The CHRISTIAN CONCEPTS BASED ON THE WRITINGS OF PAUL are what I said are antithetical to what Jesus taught. That's why I keep asking you to rephrase your question since it twists what I actually said. You still haven't rephrase your question either.

You know if you'd just take a few minutes to try to comprehend what I've written instead of just responding without thinking, we might be able to get somewhere.

Once again again, how about addressing my post first? Also it seems your question twists around what I actually said. Can you rephrase?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 06:26
    C'mon. At least try to comprehend what I've written before responding.

[b]I responded to this, by asking what about Paul was not lining up!?

I know you asked about Paul. That's why I said, "This post where you didn't address the germane points, but instead asked a question in your response." I keep asking you to ADDRESS THE GERMANE points, BEFOR ...[text shortened]... seems your question twists around what I actually said. Can you rephrase?[/b]
    As I pointed out, until you make your points clear, I and everyone else has
    to guess at what you are talking about.

What do you think happens when someone is filled with the Spirit of God?
    Since what you are suggesting isn't scriptural as far as I can tell. Where do
    you get your understanding as what that means when one is filled with the
    Spirit of God? What scriptures do you turn to, to show us what is supposed
    to happen?

I did address this point, I pointed out to you that Paul was a saved sinner like
    us, his perspective would be from the point of view of someone who has to turn
    his life over to God. Even Peter who walked with Jesus stumbled after Jesus left
    and he was filled with the Spirit, so why should Paul be held to a different
    standard, or do you think Peter too was a failure like Paul?
    Kelly
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 10:02
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Can't answer a question with a question.
    I did answer. I said earlier that the teachings and commandments of Christ are sufficient to attain eternal life. You then implied that more is required. So my question is a valid one .. Is there something missing from the teachings of Christ?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 13:18

What do you think happens when someone is filled with the Spirit of God?
    Since what you are suggesting isn't scriptural as far as I can tell. Where do
    you get your understanding as what that means when one is filled with the
    Spirit of G ...[text shortened]... aul be held to a different
    standard, or do you think Peter too was a failure like Paul?
    Kelly

Listen, when someone asks, "How about addressing my post first?" and you respond with, "Your first post said what? I found the first one you posted here, maybe you are thinkiing about another post, I don't know", the problem is with you.

I can easily cite several more examples.

Maybe you haven't been taking the time required for you to comprehend what I've written. Maybe you have a learning disability. Maybe you don't even want to admit it to yourself. But don't allow your pride to continue to get the better of you. Just admit that the problem lies with you and say that you'll make every effort to do better in the future and we can move on.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 13:31
    [b]As I pointed out, until you make your points clear, I and everyone else has

Listen, when someone asks, "How about addressing my post first?" and you respond with, "Your first post said what? I found the first one you posted here, maybe you are thinkiing about another post, I don't know", the problem is wi ...[text shortened]... u and say that you'll make every effort to do better in the future and we can move on.[/b]
    I've addressed your points, care to move on and stick to the subject or do you
    just want to beat this dead horse?
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 13:34
    I've addressed your points, care to move on and stick to the subject or do you
    just want to beat this dead horse?
    Kelly
    You really need to work on your pride kid.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 13:47
    You really need to work on your pride kid.
    Whatever, I tried to talk to you, I can see you were never really interested?
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 13:571 edit
    Kelly
    I'm interested. But with the extremely poor reading comprehension you've repeatedly exhibited and your refusal to admit it has made it pretty much impossible to have a meaningful discussion. You really need to set your pride aside and do whatever you need to improve it. There's no sense living in denial for the rest of your life. Seriously.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 14:08
    Kelly
    The way I see it you have two options. You can continue trying to talk to TOO or you can:

1. Beat your head mercilessly against a brick wall until you pass out.
    2. Stick your head in a fan until every last synapse in your brain is splattered agasint a wall.
    3. Have a road to Damascus encounter TOO style so that you are finally able to understand that TOO knows all truth and righteousness. Perhaps TOO can even write a second gospel.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 14:182 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    The way I see it you have two options. You can continue trying to talk to TOO or you can:

2. Stick your head in a fan until every last synapse in your brain is splattered agasint a wall.
    3. Have a road to Damascus encounter TOO style so that you are finally able to understand that TOO knows all truth and righteousness. Perhaps TOO can even write a second gospel.
    I'm not sure where he gets his point of view from, because he seems to have
    some stranges views about being filled with the Spirit that I've never seen before
    at least in Christian circles, the lone exception where I did here something like
    this was when I was talking to some Muslim friends of mine from Jordon. They
    had a view that sort of went along with what I "think" he is saying, but that
    conversation was about 20 years ago too.
    Kelly
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 14:38

TOO does seem to have that effect on some people. I don't know why as he always seems to be fairly clear about what he is saying and reasonably polite and sensible.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 14:49
    I'm not sure where he gets his point of view from, because he seems to have
    some stranges views about being filled with the Spirit that I've never seen before
    at least in Christian circles, the lone exception where I did here something like
    this was when I was talking to some Muslim friends of mine from Jordon. They
    had a view that sort of went along with what I "think" he is saying, but that
    conversation was about 20 years ago too.
    Kelly
    Don't expect specifics. Its like a politician standing up and speaking in generalities. That way there is less room to critique them. All you will hear is how you need to go back and re-read posts and your not answering questions or you are blind hypocrite like Paul.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 14:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    TOO does seem to have that effect on some people. I don't know why as he always seems to be fairly clear about what he is saying and reasonably polite and sensible.
    That is because you are not a Christian nor espouse Paul to be a follower of Christ. If you did, you would probably have been called hypocrite and a liar by now.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 17:351 edit
    That is because you are not a Christian nor espouse Paul to be a follower of Christ. If you did, you would probably have been called hypocrite and a liar by now.
    Once again, I've called you a hypocrite because you support the ostracization of homosexuals from your church because they "sin" even though you allow the yourself and others to remain even though you continue to sin. It is not because you are "a Christian [or] espouse Paul to be a follower of Christ." For you to continue to characterize it as such is what makes you a liar. That you persist even though I keep calling you on it shows a complete lack of integrity.

I suppose that if you could defend your belief system on its own merits, you would. Instead you continue to resort to underhanded tactics.

Unfortunately such dishonesty seems to be all too common amongst Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree