1. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 06:43
    Funny thing here...

"Dak" is the word for chicken in Korean, and there is a slight l/r sound that accompanies it so it can be like 'dalk.' Some of our men in the office like to get chicken together and we ask one another if they are going to

"Come to the dak side."

What do you think of that?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 06:56
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Is there a reason you care whether other notice that it wasn't directed at anyone in particular?
    Is it true your nickname is “The Man of 1,000 Questions?”
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 06:57
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Funny thing here...

"Dak" is the word for chicken in Korean, and there is a slight l/r sound that accompanies it so it can be like 'dalk.' Some of our men in the office like to get chicken together and we ask one another if they are going to

[b]"Come to the dak side."

What do you think of that?[/b]
    I think it’s pretty humorous, though it would probably lose its appeal for me after about a dozen times
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 06:59
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Is there a reason you care what other people think?
    Speaking for FMF, as I have authority to speak for him on all matters, he only cares what I think. As he should.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 07:09
    Funny thing here...

[b]"Come to the dak side."

What do you think of that?[/b]
    If it's adult Koreans in your office who are laughing at such a clunker or repeating it to please you, they may well be simply fellating you - metaphorically speaking - because you're an ex-pat.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 08:05
    The term actually existed before I got to this place.

There is also an atmosphere of lots of "dad jokes," or, in Korean, "Ajae gag."

I've honestly developed a real appetite for bad humor -- even before I had such a specific taste, I was interested in the sort of 'anti-humor' you get from shows like Tim & Eric.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 11:21

I've honestly developed a real appetite for bad humor -- even before I had such a specific taste, I was interested in the sort of 'anti-humor' you get from shows like Tim & Eric.
    If you're looking for 'bad humour' I could always introduce you to Rusty in the General Forum.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 12:24
    The term actually existed before I got to this place.

There is also an atmosphere of lots of "dad jokes," or, in Korean, "Ajae gag."

You must be why we can't have nice things and why we had to endure Beavis & Butthead.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 05:21
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You must be why we can't have nice things and why we had to endure Beavis & Butthead.
    I think there are far worse things on TV these days!

Reality TV has shown just how low all of society can go, lol.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 22:262 edits
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Since you don't believe God exists, specifically the God of the Bible, then it is reasonable that you would think anything the Bible says is nonsensical.

But that rationale is without merit since you cannot prove God doesn't exist. That makes your claim just as nonsensical as any other.

There is light and there is darkness. Just as the Bible says. A ...[text shortened]... on truth, not the nonsensical.

The light exposes truth, but darkness conceals it. Two paths.
    Since you don't believe God exists, specifically the God of the Bible, then it is reasonable that you would think anything the Bible says is nonsensical.

But that rationale is without merit since you cannot prove God doesn't exist. That makes your claim just as nonsensical as any other.

Erm no. Not believing in Satan if you don't believe in God makes a lot of sense (If we're wrong to believe this then it may be a demonstration of ignorance on two counts but it still makes sense).

As for proving your god doesn't exist, prove no such proof already exists.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 23:37
    I think there are far worse things on TV these days!

Reality TV has shown just how low all of society can go, lol.
    We are controlled by tv-Jim Morrison

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree