1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 16:21
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I wont mind having a read of that if you can somehow send a link or a file.
    Blimey, that was 2 decades ago!

It was in the course of that dissertation however that I came across Zoroastrianism for the first time.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 16:57
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    If an atheist doesn't know the devil exists, why (as sonship suggests) would an atheist worship him?
    As far as I know those who actually worship Satan know that God exists, but choose not to worship Him.

Whether or not one knows there is a God or Satan doesn't change reality. Not knowing the law doesn't excuse one from prosecution for breaking the law. You know that right?

If the Bible is true, then there are two paths in this life. Not knowing doesn't remove one from the wrong path.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 17:49
    Originally posted by @secondson
    As far as I know those who actually worship Satan know that God exists, but choose not to worship Him.

Whether or not one knows there is a God or Satan doesn't change reality. Not knowing the law doesn't excuse one from prosecution for breaking the law. You know that right?

If the Bible is true, then there are two paths in this life. Not knowing doesn't remove one from the wrong path.
    "As far as I know those who actually worship Satan know that God exists, but choose not to worship Him."

Yes, I would agree with that. - Atheists, of course, do not know (or believe) God exists which renders sonship's statement nonsensical.

Will you tell him sir or I?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 18:291 edit
    In another thread, a Christian made this casual statement:

"Atheism is only a temporary stop along the way to Satan worship."

In response, I would like to offer a rather contentious rebuttal. An atheist rejects the existence of God and with it all biblical myth, which includes stories of devils and demons. An atheist doesn't reject God in or ...[text shortened]... g the battle, and deciding therefore to switch allegiance? (Yep, that was the contentious bit).
    It’s been said that satan’s greatest lie was convincing people he didn’t exist.

And you fell for it hook, line and sinker.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 19:13
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    It’s been said that satan’s greatest lie was convincing people he didn’t exist.

And you fell for it hook, line and sinker.
    You do realise that this approach will never convince anyone of anything don’t you?
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 19:41
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You do realise that this approach will never convince anyone of anything don’t you?
    Humour the fellow. It distracts him from hurting people in the real world.

(Disclaimer. Roman's own words used back at him).
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 22:24
    "As far as I know those who actually worship Satan know that God exists, but choose not to worship Him."

Yes, I would agree with that. - Atheists, of course, do not know (or believe) God exists which renders sonship's statement nonsensical.

Will you tell him sir or I?
    Since you don't believe God exists, specifically the God of the Bible, then it is reasonable that you would think anything the Bible says is nonsensical.

But that rationale is without merit since you cannot prove God doesn't exist. That makes your claim just as nonsensical as any other.

There is light and there is darkness. Just as the Bible says. And those two idioms are in reference to the spiritual. One is either in the light or in darkness.

The knowledge of the two is based on truth, not the nonsensical.

The light exposes truth, but darkness conceals it. Two paths.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '18 22:55
    Ah, but you could be worshiping Satan without realising it.
    sonship's line with me has for years been that I know that Jesus is real but don't want to admit it.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 00:571 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    sonship's line with me has for years been that I know that Jesus is real but don't want to admit it.

This doesn't sound like me.
    I may use Romans 1 to teach that people suppress the knowledge of God's existence. That is not the same as saying someone won't admit to the Son of God yet knows it.

If this has been my "line" for years you, no doubt, can produce a line from past discussions.

Can you quote me please, on this "line" ?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 01:043 edits
    "Atheism is only a temporary stop along the way to Satan worship."

To clarify a bit on what I mean - I was speaking on a world-wide scale of history, a macro trend of society. I was not necessarily speaking of every atheist's personal experience during their life.

I meant more that world history for anti-theists / atheist unbelief climaxes in an arrival to the worship of Antichrist and Satan who gives him his great authority.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 01:38
    Originally posted by @sonship
    This doesn't sound like me.
    Perhaps you talk a lot of nonsense that you simply can't remember once your surge of anger has subsided each time.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 01:401 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    If this has been my "line" for years you, no doubt, can produce a line from past discussions. Can you quote me please, on this "line" ?
    Oh yes, this old chestnut. You've said it more times than I could keep count of. And you've also roasted this particular old 'show me a quote' chestnut more times than I can remember too. So, no, I am not going to go looking for a quote. I'm not falling for that one again. Go away and find the quote, or three of them, or six of them, and then have you blank it out? No thanks.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 01:58
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke... An atheist rejects the existence of God and with it all biblical myth, which includes stories of devils and demons. An atheist doesn't reject God in order to leave room for the devil, he rejects the whole biblical shebang....

A Christian on the other hand, by virtue of believing in God and the Bible, also believes in the devil. (Something an athei ...[text shortened]... g the battle, and deciding therefore to switch allegiance? (Yep, that was the contentious bit).[/b]
    A real devil, or a real god, there would be no doubt. But... real gods and devils want us to doubt. According to you know know 'regular people'.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 02:38
    Who says that’s my aim, tosser?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 02:38
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Perhaps you talk a lot of nonsense that you simply can't remember once your surge of anger has subsided each time.
    Quote FMF, QUOTE.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree