1. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 17:22
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    If God can change His mind, how can He be said to be unchanging?

'When God saw their deeds, that they turned from their wicked way, then God relented concerning the calamity which He had declared He would bring upon them. And He did not do it.' (Jonah 3:10)

'The LORD changed His mind about this. "It shall not be," said the LORD.' (Amos 7:3)
    God has changed his.mind has had regrets has repented of certain deeds has made mistakes. The list is endless
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 17:26
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I understand you have an issue with the whole "burn for eternity" thingy, but what to do?

What do you do with those who reject you?

If you were God, what would you do?
    If you torment someone who rejects you then you are a sick sob. God will do no such thing neither is there biblical support for that doctrine
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 18:36
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    If you torment someone who rejects you then you are a sick sob. God will do no such thing neither is there biblical support for that doctrine
    If life and love withdraw from you what is left?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 18:40
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You parents , do you love your children unconditionally?

Suzianne used this phrase with reference to God’s love in a thread tonight and it really struck a chord with me so I want to ask contributors what they think God’s “unconditional love” is and what is means in terms of forgiveness and punishment, and yes especially eternal suffering - being bur ...[text shortened]... t that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
    If you tell your child that they will be grounded if they break your rules, does the fact that you love your child unconditionally mean that you shouldn't keep your word?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 18:49
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If you tell your child that they will be grounded if they break your rules, does the fact that you love your child unconditionally mean that you shouldn't keep your word?
    Are you about to attempt a demonstration that grounding your child for a few days is comparable with burning them alive for eternity?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 19:11
    Are you about to attempt a demonstration that grounding your child for a few days is comparable with burning them alive for eternity?
    We could move on to that if you attempted to answer my question first.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 19:20
    If life and love withdraw from you what is left?
    Withdrawal of life is death not torment
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 20:07
    We could move on to that if you attempted to answer my question first.
    As anticipated our dear direct, honest, forthright and principled divegeester will not answer the question put to him as it will blow his argument out of the water.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 20:25
    As anticipated our dear [b]direct, honest, forthright and principled divegeester will not answer the question put to him as it will blow his argument out of the water.[/b]
    I’ve been exchanging ideas with a warped Christian elsewhere, so just wait your turn.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 20:25
    Of course not.

Jeez, was that it!
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 20:39
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Withdrawal of life is death not torment
    That is physical death.

What about spiritual death?

You presume to think they are one in the same.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 20:50
    I’ve been exchanging ideas with a warped Christian elsewhere, so just wait your turn.
    Ah and you're the only one by chance who is not warped?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 20:51
    Of course not.

Jeez, was that it!
    Ok good start. The follow up to that would be do you believe God is allowed to have rules that we may or may not agree with?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 20:53
    Ah and you're the only one by chance who is not warped?
    Well I don’t think that female children marrying older men and Jesus torturing billions by burning them alive are morally justifiable, if that helps.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 21:01
    That is physical death.

What about spiritual death?

You presume to think they are one in the same.
    So spiritual death = torment?

Is that it? What is stopping you from speaking clearly and stating what tou mean instead of nonsensical waffle ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree