1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 07:52
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Actually it is reading, understanding and sharing the truth.

You are full of lies and deceit... qualities which will lead to your damnation.
    What lie have I told, and where have I been deceitful?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 09:18
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    spirits? Is not all of existence made by the Lord? Even rebellious angels and what not?
    Yes, God has made everything and everyone and we have our being due to Him. That does
    not mean that evil isn't part of some of the ones made by God. There was a war in heaven
    and Satan and his angels were booted out, they are down here now spreading lies, keeping
    as many of us away from God as possible. If some spirit preaches to you anything other the
    gospel of Jesus Christ let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:8
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 15:56
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You’re still not answering the question...

If god is kinder in the NT, then why is the most horrible torture imaginable threatened, described and executed within it?
    KellyJay...?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 16:37
    KellyJay...?
    God is not kinder in one over the other though many believe that. He is the same!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 08:35
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    God is not kinder in one over the other though many believe that. He is the same!
    Why didn’t you just say that when I first asked you pages ago? 🙄
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 09:00
    Why didn’t you just say that when I first asked you pages ago? 🙄
    I've been arguing God is the same from the OT and the NT forever it seems like.
    You must of missed it, I don't recall if it was in this thread or not. Sorry dive!
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 12:01
    You parents , do you love your children unconditionally?

Suzianne used this phrase with reference to God’s love in a thread tonight and it really struck a chord with me so I want to ask contributors what they think God’s “unconditional love” is and what is means in terms of forgiveness and punishment, and yes especially eternal suffering - being bur ...[text shortened]... t that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
    There is an attribute of God that you seem to fail to understand.

What attribute of God was it that was poured out on Jesus while He hung on the cross?

That's right. You guessed it. God's wrath! God is eternal and so is His wrath. Somehow Jesus suffered under the full cup of God's wrath without admixture and died eternally in our place.

Whoever rejects Christ will suffer the cup of God's wrath poured out on them. Without admixture. Forever.

That's what the scriptures teach.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '18 16:37
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I've been arguing God is the same from the OT and the NT forever it seems like.
    You must of missed it, I don't recall if it was in this thread or not. Sorry dive!
    Ok.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 06:28
    G. K. Chesterton, who is one of Divegester (or Divegester's girlfriends?) countrymen, pointed out that Christainity becomes very complicated on very complicated, human topics.

Efforts to simplify these topics is futile.

Sure, one can say that "unconditional love" would mean that you would never punish anyone... But, that is a gross simplification of a complex thing. How could we be showing unconditional love by withholding cosmic justice to those who deserve it, for instance..?

While, of course, you can make a series of arguments that [I]one has to withhold it,[/I] it really isn't the only line of argumentation open.

And if you just happen to argue a line that is not founded anywhere in the Bible and blatantly contradicts the content of the Bible, there's a good chance that you do not believe in the Bible.

Just a fact, really.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree