1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:42
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Leaving them dead is an option. They perish. Your doctrine that the soul cannot die is false.
    Atheist don't have an answer except ones that come up inside their own heads, you have
    made the claim you follow Jesus so I assume you have some scriptural backing, if not
    are you just making up your stance as well?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:43
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    What will God do with the wicked and evil that will not repent?
    Dive’s dodge is noted yet again.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:451 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    The Bible says that they are raised to Judgement. But yes, they perish. I've never heard a Christian say that the soul cannot die. Everyone knows about Matthew 10:28.
    Can destroy and will are not the same thing. There are several verses that discuss the
    length of time what happens will happen in eternality. I'd also point out scripturally speaking
    we are body, soul, and spirit there is more to us than body and soul.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 11:19
    I just told you, did you read it?
    I did, but don't think it addresses the point I raised.

Just taking Amos 7:3 we read: 'The LORD changed His mind about this. "It shall not be," said the LORD.'

Now, this is not some third party speculating that God can sometimes change his mind. This is from a divinely inspired book. This is God telling you Himself that He is capable of change.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 14:24
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    No, I was simply pointing out that punishing your children doesn’t mean that you don’t love them unconditionally. I said nothing about eternal torture.
    So what was the insight then; I suggest you make it as interesting as you can as I bored with you. Plus I don't like or respect you. At all.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 16:39
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    So what was the insight then; I suggest you make it as interesting as you can as I bored with you. Plus I don't like or respect you. At all.
    Feel free to talk to other people, I’m done talking to you.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 16:40
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I did, but don't think it addresses the point I raised.

Just taking Amos 7:3 we read: 'The LORD changed His mind about this. "It shall not be," said the LORD.'

Now, this is not some third party speculating that God can sometimes change his mind. This is from a divinely inspired book. This is God telling you Himself that He is capable of change.
    So you are suggesting God becomes a different God by changing His mind on topics where we are told He might change His mind?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 16:57
    So you are suggesting God becomes a different God by changing His mind on topics where we are told He might change His mind?
    No. I make 2 very clear observations:

1. God changes His mind a number of times in the Bible. - Indisputable.
    2. The God presented in the OT has character traits not present in the NT. = Indisputable.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:00
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You parents , do you love your children unconditionally?

Suzianne used this phrase with reference to God’s love in a thread tonight and it really struck a chord with me so I want to ask contributors what they think God’s “unconditional love” is and what is means in terms of forgiveness and punishment, and yes especially eternal suffering - being bur ...[text shortened]... t that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
    Isn't real love unconditional ? Everyone should love the people in their lives appropriately. A son should be loved like a son, a wife as a wife,etc. But we must be aware of just loving everyone in the world unconditionally. Love should be guided by intelligence or else it can be wasted
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:01
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Sure, but having a mutually loving relationship DOES have conditions.

You cannot force another to love you back even though you may love them.

So how would you feel if your child became someone evil like Hitler?
    Love doesn't 'force'
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:081 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Love doesn't 'force'
    If your house was burning down you wouldn’t ‘force’ the kids you love to leave with you?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:11
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    No. I make 2 very clear observations:

1. God changes His mind a number of times in the Bible. - Indisputable.
    2. The God presented in the OT has character traits not present in the NT. = Indisputable.
    What traits are you referring to please be specific that God in the OT and NT do not share.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:12
    Rules can change that doesn’t mean God has changed, the covenants between God and man can change that doesn’t mean God has changed, our standing before God can change that doesn’t mean God has changed.

God is the same and doesn’t change, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

If your god changes why would you trust it, since it is fickle and unreliable? What it may like today it could hate tomorrow!
    Not true. The spirit is alive, it is in constant flux, always evolving. There are infinite ways that the Lord manifests His will. He encompasses every aspect of the human condition. Jesus Christ is still learning (and hence changing) , as is everyone else.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:17
    What will God do with the wicked and evil that will not repent?
    The Lord will teach them to repent accordingly. Beyond this life if need be
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:251 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If your house was burning down you wouldn’t ‘force’ the kids you love to leave with you?
    As I inferred earlier, children should be loved appropriately. Children should obey their parents , just as their parents should know that only wise words will be obeyed at all times. Your exemple should have a stranger saving the child, So: a child should think and act for themselves but obey their parents. Grown ups shouldn't take orders from anyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree