1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Well I don’t think that female children marrying older men and Jesus torturing billions by burning them alive are morally justifiable, if that helps.
    I agree with you on the first part. And I would agree that it would be true of other human beings on the second part. But let me ask you this: Assuming God were to decide to do so, (I'm not sure He does) but assuming He did, do you think everything that is not morally justifiable for humans should also not be morally justifiable for God? In other words do you belive God should be governed by the same rules that govern us?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 21:31
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I agree with you on the first part. And I would agree that it would be true of other human beings on the second part. But let me ask you this: Assuming God were to decide to do so, (I'm not sure He does) but assuming He did, do you think everything that is not morally justifiable for humans should also not be morally justifiable for God? In other words do you belive God should be governed by the same rules that govern us?
    I’m not interested in regurgitating this with you.

I asked you a question earlier, I answered yours so kindly answer it.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 22:321 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    If God can change His mind, how can He be said to be unchanging?

'When God saw their deeds, that they turned from their wicked way, then God relented concerning the calamity which He had declared He would bring upon them. And He did not do it.' (Jonah 3:10)

'The LORD changed His mind about this. "It shall not be," said the LORD.' (Amos 7:3)
    Context is the distinction, if God says this is going to happen I will not change my mind
    than it will happen He will not change His mind. There is also a space we are currently
    in that has a lot to with our wills, He gives us a will to do what we want and we are held
    accountable for that. In this there is a window, where God can turn from condemning
    us to forgiving us. Even in the OT God has setup the Law for forgiveness, for doing good
    and not evil. He rebuked people for turning away from Him, and forgave wicked people
    who humbled themselves and repented.

What God is pleased with, He is always pleased with, what makes Him angry always
    makes Him angry. He can set us up for good, and we can fail, or we can be failing
    and turn around, and God can show us His grace. So when we loved one another,
    showed compassion, these please God, when we steal, lie, and things like that there is
    never great job with those types of things. Which is again why it is stressed in scripture
    today is the day to turn towards God for forgiveness, this window closes for us, if we
    don't come when God calls at some point He stops calling, and when our last breath
    comes, we have locked ourselves into whatever it was we deemed more important, so
    what ever we wanted that is what we get, Jesus grace, or our sinful lives.

Romans 9:15
    For he tells Moses, I will show mercy to whom I will show mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    and my people, who bear my name, humble themselves, pray and seek my face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Matthew 6:15
    But if you don’t forgive others, your Father will not forgive your offenses.

Hebrews 8:12
    For I will forgive their wrongdoing, and I will never again remember their sins.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 22:37
    Yes I agree with all of those. However....

God is supreme, in control and God is love. ++ God creates hell and knows that he has set things up in such a way that billions of those he loves will go there.

It doesn’t make sense.
    What will God do with the wicked and evil that will not repent?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 07:11
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Context is the distinction, if God says this is going to happen I will not change my mind
    than it will happen He will not change His mind. There is also a space we are currently
    in that has a lot to with our wills, He gives us a will to do what we want and we are held
    accountable for that. In this there is a window, where God can turn from condemning
    u ...[text shortened]...
    Hebrews 8:12
    For I will forgive their wrongdoing, and I will never again remember their sins.
    But there 'are' biblical examples Kelly of God saying definitively 'this is going to happen' and later changing His mind. How do you account for that?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 07:44
    I’m not interested in regurgitating this with you.

I asked you a question earlier, I answered yours so kindly answer it.
    Your dodge is noted. Which question of mine have you actually answered?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 07:46
    I would not be surprised if Dive thinks He will drag them kicking and screaming into Heaven. 🙄
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 07:46
    Your dodge is noted. Which question of mine have you actually answered?
    Read the exchanges between us on the previous page and stop being a prick. This is your last chance or I’ll dump you in the trash again.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 08:04
    As far as I can make out, everybody dies, regardless of their religion. Some are cremated. Others rot in the ground. One might, I suppose, be buried at sea. Or get vaporized even. But dead is dead. Good for you if you have erected this whole belief system that tells you that you're going to have everlasting life. Let's hope it means you are morally sound in your interactions with others and not overly "wicked and evil".
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 08:43
    Read the exchanges between us on the previous page and stop being a prick. This is your last chance or I’ll dump you in the trash again.
    I personally don’t know if God will torture the unrepentant for eternity, but I do know that choices have consequences. If anyone is separated from God for eternity it will be as a result of their own choosing.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 08:52
    I personally don’t know if God will torture the unrepentant for eternity, but I do know that choices have consequences. If anyone is separated from God for eternity it will be as a result of their own choosing.
    You're playing your silly games again; here is the exchange:

If you tell your child that they will be grounded if they break your rules, does the fact that you love your child unconditionally mean that you shouldn't keep your word?

My direct reply and question which you have not answered
    Are you about to attempt a demonstration that grounding your child for a few days is comparable with burning them alive for eternity?

Are you, or aren't you?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 08:531 edit
    Leaving them dead is an option. They perish. Your doctrine that the soul cannot die is false.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:09
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Leaving them dead is an option. They perish. Your doctrine that the soul cannot die is false.
    The Bible says that they are raised to Judgement. But yes, they perish. I've never heard a Christian say that the soul cannot die. Everyone knows about Matthew 10:28.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:36
    You're playing your silly games again; here is the exchange:

If you tell your child that they will be grounded if they break your rules, does the fact that you love your child unconditionally mean that you shouldn't keep your word?

My direct reply and question which you have not answered
    [b]Are you about to attem ...[text shortened]... or a few days is comparable with burning them alive for eternity?

Are you, or aren't you?[/b]
    No, I was simply pointing out that punishing your children doesn’t mean that you don’t love them unconditionally. I said nothing about eternal torture.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:40
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    But there 'are' biblical examples Kelly of God saying definitively 'this is going to happen' and later changing His mind. How do you account for that?
    I just told you, did you read it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree