1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 09:13
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Many skeptics are eager to point out some harsh penalty in Leviticus to the sinner.
    I would have thought that most sceptics would simply think what ghastly times they seemed to be back then and marvel at how there are people in the 21st century still obsessing over a mythology rooted in such dark and depraved stuff.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:24
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The offerings in the book of Leviticus are symbolic of various aspects of Christ as the One through whom man can contact and enjoy God.

Since Christ replaced all of the offerings as their anti-type the best treatments of [b]Leviticus
    explore how the offerings point to different aspects of Christ.

Also important in Leviticus is the structure ...[text shortened]... gs. And you have the dwelling place of God in the Tent of Meeting (which became the tabernacle).[/b]
    Do you believe the people of Israel literally existed as described in Leviticus?

Do you believe Moses actually existed and that people actually carried out the punishments of the Law?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:29
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    I understand your question. Evidently you didn't understand my response.

[b]That's the way it goes with bigots. They have simplistic and juvenile eyes.

That means you, since you seem so slow on the uptake.[/b]
    I must say you are and FMF have taken two different roads to the OT. FMF took the honest road and rejected Christianity because what he found in the OT was repugnant. You decide to take the road of denial and deny the OT ever existed. I find it odd that I am the only person here who is willing to call you on it. I guess the others find siding with me equally repugnant.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:33
    Originally posted by @eladar
    FMF took the honest road and rejected Christianity because what he found in the OT was repugnant.
    Not so, Eladar. You're making this up. I have been very clear about how I lost my faith. If you have a post or posts of mine - just one will do - where I said anything remotely like I "rejected Christianity because what [I] found in the OT", then copy paste it here.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:37
    I must say you are and FMF have taken two different roads to the OT. FMF took the honest road and rejected Christianity because what he found in the OT was repugnant. You decide to take the road of denial and deny the OT ever existed. I find it odd that I am the only person here who is willing to call you on it. I guess the others find siding with me equally repugnant.
    Well unfortunately FMF is very sensitive about how exactly he lost his faith. It’s anyone’s guess as to what exactly finally pushed him over the edge. If he does know exactly what it is that made him loose his faith he is very reluctant to talk about it.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:39
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Well unfortunately FMF is very sensitive about how exactly he lost his faith. It’s anyone’s guess as to what exactly finally pushed him over the edge. If he does know exactly what it is that made him loose his faith he is very reluctant to talk about it.
    We discussed it in as much detail as I thought appropriate. Several times. Did you feel personally entitled to know more?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:42
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Not so, Eladar. You're making this up. I have been very clear about how I lost my faith. If you have a post or posts of mine - just one will do - where I said anything remotely like I "rejected Christianity because what [I] found in the OT", then copy paste it here.
    You said you gave up your faith in Christianity based on the genocide ordered by God. You believed this to be evil.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:44
    You said you gave up your faith in Christianity based on the genocide ordered by God. You believed this to be evil.
    No. I did not. You're making this up. Leave me out of your to and fro with ThinkOfOne.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:47
    No. I did not. You're making this up. Leave me out of your to and fro with ThinkOfOne.
    Oh, so now you were fine with the genocide when you were a Christian.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:52
    FMF took the honest road and rejected Christianity because what he found in the OT was repugnant.
    Quote me please.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 11:52
    Oh, so now you were fine with the genocide when you were a Christian.
    I used to accept it for more or less the same reasons as sonship still does.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 12:02
    I used to accept it for more or less the same reasons as sonship still does.
    You are such a liar. I do not save your quotes and will not go back. As for sonship, he won't even recognize that they happened because that isn't consistant with his Jesus God.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 12:07
    You are such a liar.
    Oh no, I'm not.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 12:10
    As for sonship, he won't even recognize that they happened because that isn't consistant with his Jesus God.
    sonship has delivered - here on this forum - the most cogently argued and erudite defence - according to his Christian beliefs - of what the Jews did to their adversaries in the OT, probably, that I have ever read or heard outside a published source. He has done the same with a defence/explanation of slavery. I think you are just making stuff up about sonship as well.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '18 12:141 edit
    sonship has delivered - here on this forum - the most cogently argued and erudite defence - according to his Christian beliefs - of what the Jews did to their adversaries in the OT, probably, that I have ever read or heard outside a published source. He has done the same with a defence/explanation of slavery. I think you are just making stuff up about sonship as well.
    So sonship admits that his God ordered genocide? He is cool with a good God demanding innocent women and children be slaughtered?

OK.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree