1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 01:56
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I wouldn't call them all that. I hate using terms like that on broad amounts of people,
    because not everyone fits that, or any other label we can apply except sinner of course.
    They must all believe in abiogenesis. They all must claim science and observation as the basis of their belief.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 02:15
    Originally posted by @eladar
    They must all believe in abiogenesis. They all must claim science and observation as the basis of their belief.
    Abiogenesis and evolution are two different things, but they are related.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 02:22
    Abiogenesis and evolution are two different things, but they are related.
    How does life begin according to evolution short of abiogenesis?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 07:39
    The theory of evolution doesn't describe how life begins.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 09:23
    "Why is there less gravitation on the moon according to the Lawrence Klein theory in national economics?"

This question doesn't make sense. Neither does yours.
    Evolution is evolution, abiogenesis is abiogenesis.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 10:05
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    "Why is there less gravitation on the moon according to the Lawrence Klein theory in national economics?"

This question doesn't make sense. Neither does yours.
    Evolution is evolution, abiogenesis is abiogenesis.
    I asked how life could have come into existence if we accept natural evolution is true.

The question makes sense. In order for life to evolve it must first exist. Or do you believe that life could evolve even if life does not exist?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 10:21
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    The theory of evolution doesn't describe how life begins.
    Yet, if life cannot begin through natural means all of evolution is meaningless.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 10:40
    Yet, if life cannot begin through natural means all of evolution is meaningless.
    If life cannot begin through natural means (whatever that means) then evolution would work the same.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 10:43
    I asked how life could have come into existence if we accept natural evolution is true.

The question makes sense. In order for life to evolve it must first exist. Or do you believe that life could evolve even if life does not exist?
    First abiogenesis, then evolution.
    Why would evolution explain abiogenesis, when it is not evolution, and happened before evolution?

Some christians think that Big Bang theory is about evolution, same goes for Black Holes and a lot of other things that has nothing to do with evolution. Do you really want scientists to redefine what is evolution and what it is not due to christian anti-evolutionists? I don't think so.

Unless you really want to explain gravitation according to national economic theories? Doesn't work either.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 10:47
    First abiogenesis, then evolution.
    Why would evolution explain abiogenesis, when it is not evolution, and happened before evolution?

Some christians think that Big Bang theory is about evolution, same goes for Black Holes and a lot of other things that has nothing to do with evolution. Do you really want scientists to redefine what is evolution and w ...[text shortened]... really want to explain gravitation according to national economic theories? Doesn't work either.
    So you are saying that you believe abiogenesis happened.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 10:47
    If life cannot begin through natural means (whatever that means) then evolution would work the same.
    Every process begins, if the start of it could not happen, what makes you think it could
    work at all? I believe in evolution, but not abiogenesis, which means life started by design
    and all the little tweaks that evolution gives us are all part of a natural process. You take
    away the design, I don't think it is possible, all of the living systems would break down, not
    becomes more complex by adding additional organs and systems over time by random
    changes.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 10:48
    Hpw could life have come into existence?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 10:58
    So you are saying that you believe abiogenesis happened.
    Yes, of course. We're here, aren't we?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 10:59
    Nothing circular about that statement. 🙂
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 11:03
    Have you seen abiogenesis? Has anyone been able to reproduce it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree