1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 10:14
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Outside of God nothing I'm aware of isn't dated in some method, but my experiences are
    not things I'd look at when speaking about everything. The universe and everything in it,
    is the one thing I believes proves God, because everything could never come from nothing.
    It seems ever so important for both you and Eladar to blank out the possibility that the universe did not have any 'beginning'.

The universe and everything in it, is the one thing I believes proves God

Does it "prove" everyone's god? Or does it only "prove" yours?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 10:19
    Our minds abhor nothing, we automatically fill it with things just as the universe doesn’t tolerate a vacuum, it will fill as quick as possible.
    Have you perhaps automatically filled the universe with your god figure because you know nothing about the universe's origin and because, as you concede, your "mind abhors nothing"?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 11:15
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Have you perhaps automatically filled the universe with your god figure because you know nothing about the universe's origin and because, as you concede, your "mind abhors nothing"?
    Since in this universe everything is composed of something that has already in existence, perhaps in another form but still in existence, the only logical conclusion is that this universe was created by something outside of this universe.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Since in this universe everything is composed of something that has already in existence, perhaps in another form but still in existence, the only logical conclusion is that this universe was created by something outside of this universe.
    Tell us something about this place outside the universe whose existence is logical.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 11:31
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Tell us something about this place outside the universe.
    It is a place outside this universe which is not required to follow anything we observe in this universe. It is a place that some need to pretend does not exist but existence itself proclaims.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 11:49
    No it's not.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 12:081 edit
    It is a place outside this universe which is not required to follow anything we observe in this universe. It is a place that some need to pretend does not exist but existence itself proclaims.
    And you think this is logical? Do you have any references to this kind of extra-univerasal place?

Is the matter there made of the same ingredients as in our universe? Is there the same kind of energy? Is it inhabited by people? Again, please, give references.

Or is it just speculations made up to give answers that cannot be verified in order to explain the unexplainable?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 16:31
    And you think this is logical? Do you have any references to this kind of extra-univerasal place?

Is the matter there made of the same ingredients as in our universe? Is there the same kind of energy? Is it inhabited by people? Again, please, give references.

Or is it just speculations made up to give answers that cannot be verified in order to explain the unexplainable?
    Is there anything on earth that isn't a result of something that wasn't already in existence?

At the moment we all life must come from life. It is the only kind of life we know. All matter and energy is the result of matter or energy already in existence.

How can you explain something totally new comes into existence in the closed universe? Of course it must be explained by observed natural mechanisms.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 21:34

Yes in scriptures there are several.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 22:54
    Yes in scriptures there are several.
    Scriptures he won't accept, but neither can he explain the origin of matter and energy. He can't even explain how life came into being. There is a magical moment, then evolution takes it from there.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 23:19
    Scriptures he won't accept, but neither can he explain the origin of matter and energy. He can't even explain how life came into being. There is a magical moment, then evolution takes it from there.
    Magic moment when nothing makes sense then it all does. ????
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 23:23
    Magic moment when nothing makes sense then it all does. ????
    It is the only natural solution, anyone who claims to trust only in natural processes must accept it in blind faith.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 23:28
    It is the only natural solution, anyone who claims to trust only in natural processes must accept it in blind faith.
    No I think that they have to accept it inspite of what they know and see. Nothing natural about that process from a sterile environment to one where life starts and is maintained in my opinion.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 23:32
    No I think that they have to accept it inspite of what they know and see. Nothing natural about that process from a sterile environment to one where life starts and is maintained in my opinion.
    I was being sarcastic.

Of course they are self righteous hypocrites, saying one thing but believing another.

The best they can do is turn a blind eye to the moment of life and claim that it is unimportant.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 01:51
    I was being sarcastic.

Of course they are self righteous hypocrites, saying one thing but believing another.

The best they can do is turn a blind eye to the moment of life and claim that it is unimportant.
    I wouldn't call them all that. I hate using terms like that on broad amounts of people,
    because not everyone fits that, or any other label we can apply except sinner of course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree