Using the Bible to insult people

Using the Bible to insult people

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
It was some General Forum banter poking fun at Grampy Bobby's proclivity for copy pasting. Is that really a situation that James 4:4 - and the Bible generally ~ is intended for? Do you sincerely believe that, in that forum chatter, divegeester demonstrated "enmity for God" by mentioning Grampy Bobby's copy pasting? Do you really believe this is an example of an ...[text shortened]... occasion" for one Christian to suggest to another Christian that he or she is "an enemy of God"?
"Poking fun"? You can minimize all you want.

Quoting scripture is appropriate for all occasions and circumstances. James 4:4 is an accurate depiction on the occasion of a so-called Christian joining forces with other non-believing individuals in maligning, insulting and viciously attacking a Christian brother.

That's all there is to it. Plain and simple.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
As a Christian speaking to a fellow Christian, do you really - genuinely - sincerely seek to suggest to divegeester that he is "an enemy of God"? And is that why you cited James 4:4 on a General Forum thread when you came across him teasing another poster about his copy pasting habit?
The scriptures say what they say. I know you have a hard time believing them, but that doesn't change the facts.

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by josephw
"Poking fun"? You can minimize all you want.
How am I "minimizing" it? Here it is: Thread 167360 pages 13-15.

Haven't you already apologized for overreacting to it?

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

Quoting scripture is appropriate for all occasions and circumstances. James 4:4 is an accurate depiction on the occasion of a so-called Christian joining forces with other non-believing individuals in maligning, insulting and viciously attacking a Christian brother.
If James 4:4 is "appropriate for all occasions and circumstances", could it be used to brand you as "an enemy of God" for your scathing remarks about divegeester?

F

Moves
01 Apr 16
1 edit

The scriptures say what they say. I know you have a hard time believing them, but that doesn't change the facts.
If there is a more damning insult one Christian can aim at another ~ by using a Bible verse ~ than supposedly being "an enemy of God", what is it?

Moves
01 Apr 16

As Jesus said, "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart;.."

Just keep it up geester. Impugn, malign and insult.
I am forthright, challenging, honest and blunt. And I would NEVER call another Christian an "enemy of God" and especially would not use the Bible to do it, and especially not for something as trivial as banter on an Internet forum board.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by divegeester
I am forthright, challenging, honest and blunt. And I would NEVER call another Christian an "enemy of God" and especially would not use the Bible to do it, and especially not for something as trivial as banter on an Internet forum board.
@divegeester:

"About me: (quotes from a small group of mean-spirited religionists in the RHP forums)

Son of Satan (robbie carrobie)
Worse than Satan (Galveston75)
Diabolical (Startreader)
Morals of a lynch mob murderer (robbie carrobie)
Troll (Grampy Bobby)
Liar (Startreader)
Mocker (KellyJay)
Fool (KellyJay)
Evil (Startreader)
Criminalising people (Suzianne)
Character assassinator (Suzianne)
Systematic torturer (Startreader)
Actual sadist (Startreader)
Enemy of God (Josephw)
Christian basher (Josephw)
Underminer of other people's faith (Lemon Lime)
Monster (Lemon Lime)
Deserving of burning in hell for eternity (RJHinds)

I'm a normal guy who happens to be a Christian and who happens to openly disagree with this small group of partisan Christian/religionists on the internet."

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally copy pasted by Grampy Bobby
>>divegeester's profile message<<
Do you feel the banter between wolfgang59 and divegeester midway down page 13 of Thread 167360 was an "occasion of a so-called Christian joining forces with other non-believing individuals in maligning, insulting and viciously attacking a Christian brother"?

Moves
01 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
@divegeester: Thank you for being here; never give up on me.
I won't GB, I won't.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by divegeester
I won't GB, I won't.
Why'd you post that?

Moves
01 Apr 16

Why'd you post that?
Same reason you posted my profile.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
01 Apr 16

@divegeester:

"About me: (quotes from a small group of mean-spirited religionists in the RHP forums)

Son of Satan (robbie carrobie)
Worse than Satan (Galveston75)
Diabolical (Startreader)
Morals of a lynch mob murderer (robbie carrobie)
Troll (Grampy Bobby)
Liar (Startreader)
Mocker (KellyJay)
Fool (KellyJay)
Evil (Startreader) ...[text shortened]... ns to openly disagree with this small group of partisan Christian/religionists on the internet."
I don't recall calling dive a 'monster', but I suppose we can now add "oversensitive accuser" to that list.

In other words, the geester is a serial accuser who hates it if someone says something less than flattering about him.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by lemon lime
I don't recall calling dive a 'monster', but I suppose we can now add "oversensitive accuser" to that list.

In other words, the geester is a serial accuser who hates it if someone says something less than flattering about him.
Admittedly, Son of Satan is less than flattering.

😲

Moves
01 Apr 16

I think you said something along the lines of "you little monster", when I was disagreeing with you about something.

Moves
01 Apr 16

I enjoy keeping note of the American Christian attitude to dissent from within the Christian ranks. It interests me.