Weak Christian

Weak Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
I do have respect for the forum and the people who post here. I have been branded a liar and feel it necessary to try and clear it up.
You haven't been "branded", you have been lying and have finally decided to come clean. Probably because I've been driving you nuts chasing you down over it.

F

Moves
28 May 17

IF I ever said, while drinking, that I was never a Christian, then I made an error, but I don't consider it a lie.
Oh dear. Well. You're not the first person I've met with a substance abuse problem who didn't want to take responsibility for what they did under the influence. You said it. It wasn't true. You've asked about it numerous times, didn't settle the issue. But it wasn't a lie. It wasn't you're fault. Blah blah blah...

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
You haven't been "branded", you have been lying and have finally decided to come clean. Probably because I've been driving you nuts chasing you down over it.
I have not been lying!!
I have no secret motives!!
There is no chaney3 conspiracy here.

We have a serious failure of communication.

I was a Christian, and anything I have said contrary to that is due to a combination of being drunk, pissed off, doubtful about the validity of the Bible, and a severe case of frustration with the incoherent message of Christianity as a whole.

But not lying!!!

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17

I have not been lying!!

I was a Christian, and anything I have said contrary to that is due to a combination of being drunk, pissed off, doubtful about the validity of the Bible, and a severe case of frustration with the incoherent message of Christianity as a whole.

But not lying!!!
Ok, fair enough. ๐Ÿ™‚

F

Moves
28 May 17

I have not been lying!!

But not lying!!!
Blame anything or anyone. Just don't blame yourself. That's the way. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Blame anything or anyone. Just don't blame yourself. That's the way. ๐Ÿ˜ž
I think Chaney is an exceptionally smart fellow.

(Disclaimer - I've had a glass of wine this sunny afternoon so technically, technically, I'm not lying).

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I think Chaney is an exceptionally smart fellow.

(Disclaimer - I've had a glass of wine this sunny afternoon so technically, technically, I'm not lying).
Hey, it's a compliment and I'm taking it!! Wine or no wine! ๐Ÿ™‚

Are you wearing your tank top, displaying your 'guns' this sunny afternoon?

c

Moves
28 May 17

So, Dive and FMF,

Are we now done with this, and moving forward? Or is there more to discuss?

F

Moves
28 May 17

Are we now done with this, and moving forward? Or is there more to discuss?
Do you remember blaming Jesus for your alcoholism?

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Do you remember blaming Jesus for your alcoholism?
I did not say that I blame Jesus FOR my alcoholism.

I said that I do NOT believe in the 12 steps of AA, which states that your 'higher power' will assist you in your recovery process. At the time I tried, Jesus was my higher power, and in MY experience, it did not help or work.

F

Moves
28 May 17

I did not say that I blame Jesus FOR my alcoholism.
Yes you did. So it seems you have forgotten.

I said that I do NOT believe in the 12 steps of AA, which states that your 'higher power' will assist you in your recovery process. At the time I tried, Jesus was my higher power, and in MY experience, it did not help or work.

Nothing to do with AA. You were whinging about Jesus turning water into wine being a bad example and therefore you holding him responsible for your substance abuse. It was a completely separate conversation than the one about AA.

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Yes you did. So it seems you have forgotten.

[b]I said that I do NOT believe in the 12 steps of AA, which states that your 'higher power' will assist you in your recovery process. At the time I tried, Jesus was my higher power, and in MY experience, it did not help or work.

Nothing to do with AA. You were whinging about Jesus turning water into wine b ...[text shortened]... sible for your substance abuse. It was a completely separate conversation than the one about AA.[/b]
No FMF. You added the word "therefore", along with the assumption of blame.

Yes, I questioned the miracle of Jesus turning water into wine, but not as blame, just a curiosity, since alcohol can be such a problem for 'some' people.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 May 17

No FMF. You added the word "therefore", along with the assumption of blame.

Yes, I questioned the miracle of Jesus turning water into wine, but not as blame, just a curiosity, since alcohol can be such a problem for 'some' people.
In your defence you did say previously:

"You, like Rak, think I am somehow blaming Jesus for something. I don't believe I've said anything that would assign blame."

However, you did also say:

"One could certainly say yes to that. If Jesus says it's okay, then why not?? Did He not turn the water into wine? Also, moderation wouldn't be important either, if the drunkard accusation is at all true."

So, any confusion as to whether or not you held Jesus accountable for your drinking is understandable.

F

Moves
28 May 17

Yes. You blamed Jesus.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17

I was a Christian.
So you are now an ex-Christian?