1. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29680
    26 May '17 13:361 edit
    Dive has admitted that he is a "weak Christian". But, is he doing anything to change that?

    Has anyone else, at some point, thought the same about themselves? If so, what were some changes that you made?

    This question ties into the statement Jesus made: "Go, and sin NO more".
  2. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    26 May '17 13:45
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Dive has admitted that he is a "weak Christian". But, is he doing anything to change that?

    Has anyone else, at some point, thought the same about themselves? If so, what were some changes that you made?

    This question ties into the statement Jesus made: "Go, and sin NO more".
    Jesus is the judge of these things. A man may say he is weak but Jesus can very well find him to be strong. A man can call himself faithful and a Christian but Jesus Christ will not find him to be so. A man may say that he does not believe in God but Jesus may find that despite what he claims, he actually is a follower.

    Talk, empty words are of no value. God knows the heart of man.
  3. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29680
    26 May '17 14:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Jesus is the judge of these things. A man may say he is weak but Jesus can very well find him to be strong. A man can call himself faithful and a Christian but Jesus Christ will not find him to be so. A man may say that he does not believe in God but Jesus may find that despite what he claims, he actually is a follower.

    Talk, empty words are of no value. God knows the heart of man.
    Interesting.
    We are back to your theory that an atheist could enter the Kingdom of God, despite having not believed in God or Jesus.
  4. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    26 May '17 14:14
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Interesting.
    We are back to your theory that an atheist could enter the Kingdom of God, despite having not believed in God or Jesus.
    And thats not all. A professed Christian can be barred from entering the Kingdom of God... same reason. Its not talk that counts but action.

    Jesus said it is he who DOES the will of God will enter the Kingdom of God.

    Your point about Dive is along the same lines. Professed Christians, professed atheists, professed weaklings, professed strongmen .. whatever, means nothing to God.
  5. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11824
    26 May '17 14:16
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    And thats not all. A professed Christian can be barred from entering the Kingdom of God... same reason. Its not talk that counts but action.

    Jesus said it is he who DOES the will of God will enter the Kingdom of God.

    Your point about Dive is along the same lines. Professed Christians, professed atheists, professed weaklings, professed strongmen .. whatever, means nothing to God.
    Do you agree with this part of scripture? "The fool says in his heart there is no God."
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    26 May '17 14:26
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Do you agree with this part of scripture? "The fool says in his heart there is no God."
    Talking about fools, little one-liners like that is for fools. If you read a little more of the Psalms of David you will understand the whole story. The very next Psalm speaks of who will enter the Kingdom of God:

    LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
    He that walketh uprightly,
    and worketh righteousness,
    and speaketh the truth in his heart.
    He that backbiteth not with his tongue,
    nor doeth evil to his neighbour,
    nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
    (Psalms 15:1-3 KJV)


    The are many who live like that and dont profess to believe in anything. These are also Gods people because they live by the law written in their hearts.. unlike some Christians.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148419
    26 May '17 14:30
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Interesting.
    We are back to your theory that an atheist could enter the Kingdom of God, despite having not believed in God or Jesus.
    He ignores many scripture to promote his personal views.
  8. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    26 May '17 14:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    He ignores many scripture to promote his personal views.
    You cannot handle the truth. You believe in a God that likes fake mouth worship, a God that enjoys tormenting innocent people. You are a damn fool and its fools like you that will be destroyed, not atheists.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8503
    26 May '17 15:05
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Dive has admitted that he is a "weak Christian". But, is he doing anything to change that?

    Has anyone else, at some point, thought the same about themselves? If so, what were some changes that you made?

    This question ties into the statement Jesus made: "Go, and sin NO more".
    I think the problem here is your seizing on the humility of a Christian and making that out to be a failing, rather than a strength. Do you honestly prefer the bravado of a few Christians here who think they have all the answers and puff out their chests?
  10. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29680
    26 May '17 15:111 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I think the problem here is your seizing on the humility of a Christian and making that out to be a failing, rather than a strength. Do you honestly prefer the bravado of a few Christians here who think they have all the answers and puff out their chests?
    You are very wrong here!

    I am NOT attacking Dive in any way, and I very much appreciate his admitting to be a weak Christian, along with his humility.

    I am asking......now what?

    Once you've admitted it, a course correction seems to be in order, unless you're content with being a weak Christian.

    Edit: "Go, and sin NO more".
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    26 May '17 15:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    He ignores many scripture to promote his personal views.
    And you ignore many posters here so as not to have your personal views challenged.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    26 May '17 15:22
    Originally posted by chaney3
    You are very wrong here!

    I am NOT attacking Dive in any way, and I very much appreciate his admitting to be a weak Christian, along with his humility.

    I am asking......now what?

    Once you've admitted it, a course correction seems to be in order, unless you're content with being a weak Christian.

    Edit: "Go, and sin NO more".
    Have you been able to decide if you are a Christian or a non Christian chaney3?
  13. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29680
    26 May '17 15:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Have you been able to decide if you are a Christian or a non Christian chaney3?
    According to Rajk999, your question is meaningless.

    It is not the label that counts.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    26 May '17 15:29
    Originally posted by chaney3
    According to Rajk999, your question is meaningless.

    It is not the label that counts.
    I'm not asking you to put a label on yourself, I'm not putting one on you and I don't care what Rajk999 thinks.

    What I'm interested in, is your lies.
  15. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11824
    26 May '17 15:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Talking about fools, little one-liners like that is for fools. If you read a little more of the Psalms of David you will understand the whole story. The very next Psalm speaks of who will enter the Kingdom of God:

    [i]LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
    He that walketh uprightly,
    and worketh righteousness,
    and ...[text shortened]... also Gods people because they live by the law written in their hearts.. unlike some Christians.
    Either the one liner is true or it is false. So which is it?
Back to Top