1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '17 04:34
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes it's similar to saying "I love you" definatly !

So the Christian is definitely in a love relationship with Christ.
    To profess love, devotion, affection daily is quite fresh.

You don't grasp yet that we are talking about a Person and not a philosophy or religion.

I would say that to a sweet heart now and then , but I wold not repeat it like a madman.

Do you have a definite count beyond which your saying "sweet heart" indicates madness? it is only limited by your affection and how much you delight to tell her again.

You wouldn't like it if someone dictated to you the number of times you must not exceed - in telling your lover that she is your sweet heart. Of what business is it for an outsider to dictate that madness is evidenced if you go beyond their assigned quota for you.

And yes, you guys do sound mad when you go on affirming until yo are blue in the face.

I'm not seeking your approval about it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '17 04:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999 in reply to chaney3
    And thats not all.
    So the Christ is pointless then?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '17 04:501 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Did it ever occur to you that KellyJay doesn't interact with you because of your abusive tone in this forum?
    No. He doesn't interact with me for the same reason he doesn't interact with FMF, twhitehead and others; he doesn't like having his opinion challenged.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '17 04:531 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    He knows why I don't, it had nothing to do with his tone.
    For the record; you were supporting a JW's right to let their child die by withholding medical care on religious grounds. It is also called child sacrifice. You were called out over this by more posters than just me and you got into a huff. If I'm wrong, correct me.

Either way, stop being a baby.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '17 10:082 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Jesus is the judge of these things. A man may say he is weak but Jesus can very well find him to be strong. A man can call himself faithful and a Christian but Jesus Christ will not find him to be so. A man may say that he does not believe in God but Jesus may find that despite what he claims, he actually is a follower.

Talk, empty words are of no value. God knows the heart of man.
    Toward God's will we are all naturally weak. The law was ineffective because of the weakness of the fallen man.

" For that which the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending His own Son in the likeness of the flesh or sin and concerning sin condemned sin in the flesh." (Rom. 8:3)

The LAW could not do ? Why? It was weak through the flesh, the totality of the fallen man.

Christ came to condemn sin in the flesh. In addition to His death being a shedding of redemptive blood for forgiveness, He also died to terminate the old fallen man in the believer. The old man, through Christ's death weakness and all is put to death in Christ's death.

This reality is partaken of in the Holy Spirit and by FAITH.

Walking by the new man with the mind set on the Holy Spirit indwelling the regenerated human spirit allows the requirement of the law to be fulfilled us.

"That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit." (v.4)

The righteous requirement of the law can never be fulfilled by those dead in spirit, unregenerated. Nor can it be fulfilled in those who are saved yet do not learn to practice to set the mind on the spirit and walk by the spirit.

In general the mind set on the fallen flesh is spiritual death and is ever at enmity with God.

"For those who are according to the flesh mind the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the spirit, the things of the Spirit. (v.5)

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace. (v.6)

Because the mind set on the flesh is enmity with God; for it is not subject to the law of God, for neither can it be." (v.7)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '17 10:17
    It is good to realize that toward God you are weak. For then you can give up hope in yourself. Christ gave up hope when He terminated the old man on the cross. Why continue to hope in what was condemned by God ?

Instead the believer TURNS from self effort to GRACE dwelling with his innermost spirit. There is the empowering and the enabling.

Paul's final word in the New Testament was so crucial. The Lord be with your spirit - Christian.

" The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Tim. 4:22)

The strength is with the Lord Jesus Christ living in the believer's innermost kernel of his being. There the empower grace of the Lord strengthens him and is all sufficient.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 May '17 15:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So the Christ is pointless then?
    Basically Im saying that Christians [ie professed followers of Christ], do not have a monopoly on Christ neither exclusive right to enter into the Kingdom of God. How do you conclude that Im saying that Christ is pointless?

The only thing that is pointless is professing ones belief in Christ without continuing a life of good works and righteous living. That is pointless.

Professed followers who actually live the life which Christ expects of them will be in a superior position. They are the elect of God, the chosen ones who will be kings and priests with Christ and reign on the earth during the millennial period.

Atheist are not in this position. They however will not be cast into eternal torment as many believe. They will be judged and rewarded accordingly.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '17 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Interesting.
    We are back to your theory that an atheist could enter the Kingdom of God, despite having not believed in God or Jesus.
    A godless religion he has, where scripture teaches in a number of different ways that
    we need God in our lives, he rejects those verses in favor of us earning our righteousness
    before God by working it. No one I know here or elsewhere has ever said we would not do
    good works, but those works are not for our salvation.

It isn't any wonder he feels a kinship with atheist since share so much in common.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '17 18:41

It isn't any wonder he feels a kinship with atheist since share so much in common.
    Indeed. The law of God is written on our hearts.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '17 19:063 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes, so we have no excuse. The point I'm making is that if you do not have God's Spirit
    you are still in the flesh. You can and do still have the law written on your heart, so that by
    nature you will either excuse or condemn yourself by your own actions. That settles the
    need for God's Spirit, since none of us can walk worthy of God by walking following our
    fleshly sinful nature. You need God dwelling in you, if you do not have God's Spirit you do
    not belong to God, this isn't a by and by thing, it is a right here and now thing.

Romans 8:
    5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus[d] from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 May '17 19:331 edit
    And yet having the law of God is not enough because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, from the best Christian to the worst atheist, we all fall short of the glory of God. So having the law of God will not save anyone.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 May '17 19:58
    A godless religion he has, where scripture teaches in a number of different ways that
    we need God in our lives, he rejects those verses in favor of us earning our righteousness
    before God by working it. No one I know here or elsewhere has ever said we would not do
    good works, but those works are not for our salvation.

I feel a kinship to anyone who proclaims that they like the teachings of Christ. They like being generous, giving and sharing. They are the type that will see a man in need and extend their hand to that man. They would not pass by those who are begging for assistance. These are the Good Samaritans of the world and it is these who will enter the Kingdom of God. Several people come to mind... Ghost, FMF, Sonhouse and others.

On the other hand I feel pity for those like you who believe that God and Jesus Christ is interested in your empty proclamations of faith... like you, sonship, josephw, and several other hopelessly lost people. These are those like the priests and Levites and arrogant pastors. God hates these types and they will be destroyed.

So go ahead boast that you are saved.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '17 20:10
    Again, that verse doesn't mean what you think (hope? pray?) it means.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '17 20:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I feel a kinship to anyone who proclaims that they like the teachings of Christ. They like being generous, giving and sharing. They are the type that will see a man in need and extend their hand to that man. They would not pass by those who are begging for assistance. These are the Good Samaritans of the world and it is these who will enter the Kingdom of Go ...[text shortened]... ors. God hates these types and they will be destroyed.

So go ahead boast that you are saved.
    So you feel a 'kinship' with those who claim "there is no god".

Doesn't exactly surprise me. They puff themselves up just like you do.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '17 20:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Again, that verse doesn't mean what you think (hope? pray?) it means.
    People didn't obey the 10 Commandments when they were written on stone, they do not
    do it either when written on our hearts. Anyone recall how that first Commandment went?
    Are Atheist obeying that one, even if its written on their hearts?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree