What are you still doing here?

What are you still doing here?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Oct 07

If you have already been 'saved' or your salvation is guaranteed, then why hasn't God taken you to heaven yet? If he is all loving, then surely he would spare you any possible further suffering here on earth? So does he not love you that much or is your salvation not guaranteed?

JJ

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
If you have already been 'saved' or your salvation is guaranteed, then why hasn't God taken you to heaven yet? If he is all loving, then surely he would spare you any possible further suffering here on earth? So does he not love you that much or is your salvation not guaranteed?
I dont think anyone's salvation is guaranteed... i think you have to try your hardest...we are not perfect but we can try.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Oct 07

Great question.

Life--- for the believer--- is about reward. The quest in all of this for the believer is to grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. We who remain now are here for the express purpose of being blessed right in the middle of the enemies camp (see Psalm 23:5 for one example of this concept).

JJ

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Great question.

Life--- for the believer--- is about reward. The quest in all of this for the believer is to grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. We who remain now are here for the express purpose of being blessed right in the middle of the enemies camp (see Psalm 23:5 for one example of this concept).
If you dont type out the Psalm he will call you lazy!!!

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
If you dont type out the Psalm he will call you lazy!!!
I was tempted to abbreviate the reference, too, as Ps. 23:5, just to be a little snot. My better nature dictated a complete spelling, but did not push for an actual quotation. It has something to do with forcing others to (once again) crack open the book. I figure the more often they consider God and His offer, the more likely they'll eventually realize the right way to play the same.

s

Moves
25 Oct 07
1 edit

God is a physicist doing an experiment. He's testing us, and in the end only the strong willed guys who were brave enough to deny God will be saved. Why would an all powerful God want worshiping and submission? It just doesn't make sense, unless God has as ego to fulfill.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by serigado
God is a physicist doing an experiment. He's testing us, and in the end only the strong willed guys who were brave enough to deny God will be saved. I would an all powerful God want worshiping and submission? It just doesn't make sense, unless God has as ego to fulfill.
God is the ultimate Self; however, fulfillment has always been complete.

w

Moves
25 Oct 07

The same could be asked about Christ. Why did God send him here? Why not just keep him in heaven as well?

s

Moves
25 Oct 07

God is the ultimate Self; however, fulfillment has always been complete.
Are you saying God is not a separate entity?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Oct 07

Are you saying God is not a separate entity?
In terms of self only, was I speaking. Yes, God is a separate entity from man, from His creation.

JJ

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
The same could be asked about Christ. Why did God send him here? Why not just keep him in heaven as well?
God sent Jesus to be a doorway to him... Jesus took on our sins and gave us a relationship with God!!!

JJ

Moves
25 Oct 07

I was tempted to abbreviate the reference, too, as Ps. 23:5, just to be a little snot. My better nature dictated a complete spelling, but did not push for an actual quotation. It has something to do with forcing others to (once again) crack open the book. I figure the more often they consider God and His offer, the more likely they'll eventually realize the right way to play the same.
T.head... i hope you read Freaky's reply and note in particular "Forcing others to (once again) crack open the book"

That is why in my Malachi thread i refrained from quoting the bible...it makes you look it up and who knows what other little treasures your eyes may fall upon in the good book... try it sometime and you might just find the answers you seek on a chess forum...maybe you should go to church and ask a vicar these questions you have!!!

s

Moves
25 Oct 07

T.head... i hope you read Freaky's reply and note in particular "Forcing others to (once again) crack open the book"

That is why in my Malachi thread i refrained from quoting the bible...it makes you look it up and who knows what other little treasures your eyes may fall upon in the good book... try it sometime and you might just find the answers you see ...[text shortened]... on a chess forum...maybe you should go to church and ask a vicar these questions you have!!!
Last time I had a debate with a priest, he started crying saying I made him lose his faith and that I was the anti-christ.
I was not very happy for that, since then I never used my rhetoric to persuade anyone on matters of faith. I guess it's better to live in ignorance and be happy. But I'll fight to have children be properly educated, without falling in the emotional pit religion offers.

JJ

Moves
25 Oct 07

Last time I had a debate with a priest, he started crying saying I made him lose his faith and that I was the anti-christ.
I was not very happy for that, since then I never used my rhetoric to persuade anyone on matters of faith. I guess it's better to live in ignorance and be happy. But I'll fight to have children be properly educated, without falling in the emotional pit religion offers.
Depends if you believe in the particular religion... otherwise i cant object to a childs proper education!!!

w

Moves
25 Oct 07

God sent Jesus to be a doorway to him... Jesus took on our sins and gave us a relationship with God!!!
Yes, and we are his representatives. 😀