1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 15:38
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you don't have a stance on children being evil and deserving to die? you are conflicted about it? you're still weighing your facts before you decide?
    What if these children were so evil, they would make Hitler look like a saint?
    What if these children were so evil, they could not be rehabilitated?
    What if these children's thoughts were continually evil all the time? That means every thought.
    In your mind these people were innocent, which shows you have absolutely no spiritual maturity, even though you call your self a Christian. Could have fooled me! Yeah, right!😕
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 15:551 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    What if these children were so evil, [b]they could not be rehabilitated?

What if these children's thoughts were continually evil all the time? That means every thought.
    In your mind these people were innocent, which shows you have absolutely no spiritual maturity, even though you call your self a Christian. Could have fooled me! Yeah, right!😕[/b]
    A shockingly stupid post - you represent what is inherently bad about Christianity.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 16:36
    Originally posted by Agerg
    A shockingly stupid post - you represent what is inherently bad about Christianity.
    You are also biblically illiterate, what can I say? 😕
    But, I'm wrong as well...I'm casting my pearls where they don't belong....
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 16:49
    Or perhaps they are not pearls you have lost, but marbles.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 17:34
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Or perhaps they are not pearls you have lost, but marbles.
    Sorry guys, for appearing rude. It is not what was intended, but I do have strong convictions on some of these easy to pick on issues. Without a good understanding of spiritual issues, it seems like God is killing innocents. But nothing is farther from the truth.
    I will end here, sorry.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 17:37
    If the excrement sloshing around that brain of yours was sourced from the Bible then I feel damned proud to be illiterate in that respect.

People like you scare me.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 17:42
    Originally posted by Agerg
    If the excrement sloshing around that brain of yours was sourced from the Bible then I feel damned proud to be illiterate in that respect.

People like you scare me.
    I said bible illiterate, nothing more, sorry.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 18:23
    you don't have a stance on children being evil and deserving to die? you are conflicted about it? you're still weighing your facts before you decide?
    I don't have a stance on it one way or the other.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 19:27
    What if these children were so evil, [b]they could not be rehabilitated?

In your mind these people were innocent, which shows you have absolutely no spiritual maturity, even though you call your self a Christian. Could have fooled me! Yeah, right!😕[/b]
    i lack spiritual maturity if i think children cannot be evil? funny

"What if these children were so evil, they would make Hitler look like a saint?"
    no

thoughts cannot be evil. it's the actions that count. we all think of murdering our boss at some point. or that douchebag that plays loud music at 3 in the morning. we think of ways to make it painful. then we go ahead and not do it because it would be evil.

"In your mind these people were innocent, which shows you have absolutely no spiritual maturity, even though you call your self a Christian."
    oh i get it. you are using the american republican kind of christian. which is to condemn everyone not like you to an eternity of hell. to refuse to give to the poor. to always judge people. to always be superior.

yes, you are confused. that's not what being a christian means. and murdering everyone in the world is definitely not what being a christian means
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 19:28
    I said[b] bible illiterate, nothing more, sorry.[/b]
    nowhere in the bible does it say it is christian to believe murdering children (or anyone else for that matter) is righteous.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 22:05
    nowhere in the bible does it say it is christian to believe murdering children (or anyone else for that matter) is righteous.
    Please humor me here, Lets replace the word "children" with cancer in your body.
    That would be a good analogy.
    Would you destroy the "innocent" cancer cells that are spreading and ultimately kill you?

That is exactly what is happening here and through out the Old Testament.
    These people, if left unchecked would have destroyed the human race. Unless you have an understanding of the "nephilim" you will only see this as genocide.
    As I mentioned, this has been round and round here on this forum, and I do not intend to discuss any further.
    If you want to know more.... google "nephilim", it is even mentioned in Wikipedia...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 23:21
    Please humor me here, Lets replace the word "children" with cancer in your body.
    Would you destroy the "innocent" cancer cells that are spreading and ultimately kill you?

That is [b] exactly
    what is happening here and through out the Old Testament.
    These people, if left unchecked would have destroyed the human ra ...[text shortened]... google "nephilim", it is even mentioned in Wikipedia...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim[/b]
    "Please humor me here"
    i was gonna. i really was. opened my mind to the possibility you will going to say something reasonable. something to ponder about. i really hoped you would give me a wonderful counter argument, so i feel intellectually challenged debating you

but then you compared children with cancerous cells. and i feel you are now the dumbest person on this forum. and you beat people like rjhinds and suzianne
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 23:42

That is [b] exactly
    what is happening here and through out the Old Testament.
    These people, if left unchecked would have destroyed the human ra ...[text shortened]... google "nephilim", it is even mentioned in Wikipedia...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim[/b]
    Replace “sin” with cancer, and see where that takes you. Does God destroy the entire person, who also holds the image of God, to destroy the cancer cells? Is cancer something subject to “just punishment” by God?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 01:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What are you, 5 years old?

Edit: Actually I thought for a moment you wanted to discuss "evil", but on reading your post again I see you are excercising your atheistic right to attack the Bible. No probs.
    In the Old Testament, God has on a number of occasions, killed innocent children. There is NO way of reconciling that fact. Which is why I believe that the 'new and improved version of God' was created in our New Testament.

You, Dive, have challenged theories of a hell, which are in Revelation. You have said that you would discard the entire New Testament, if you found that there would be 'spectators in hell'. So......it is okay when YOU challenge the bible.....but, not when others do?

Many, many evils have taken place in our bible. And, if someone (like myself), and others, challenges the credibility of the bible.....we do it with a common sense. No REAL God would be involved with such evil.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 01:22
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Replace “sin” with cancer, and see where that takes you. Does God destroy the entire person, who also holds the image of God, to destroy the cancer cells? Is cancer something subject to “just punishment” by God?
    It is an analogy. It would hold no water today, because holy spirit is now available.
    But in that time frame, before the Messiah was born, Satan sought to destroy the human race before the promised seed came.
    As to your question, of course not. It wasn't a perfect analogy, but it makes the point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree