1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 08:35
    those that believe in the global flood justify it by saying "well everybody was evil, the world had to end".

so what does that mean?

let's consider that being evil means you are being evil towards someone else. i don't care much if what you do is not affecting anyone. i don't care if you have evil thoughts if you don't act on them.

so one being evil means there is at least one other, weaker than him, that is being a victim. that victim must be evil towards another victim, weaker than him. the chain follows until we get to people who are too weak to be evil towards anyone.

who can they terrorize? their children? why? what about the children themselves? who are they evil towards? can they even be evil?

also, if everyone is busy being evil, who has time to raise animals and crops? who has time to build stuff?

noah build a big ass boat and nothing happened to him. they didn't even steal his hammer.

the conclusion is that god destroyed a LOT of victims in the global flood.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 09:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    those that believe in the global flood justify it by saying "well everybody was evil, the world had to end".

so what does that mean?

let's consider that being evil means you are being evil towards someone else. i don't care much if what you do is not affecting anyone. i don't care if you have evil thoughts if you don't act on them.

so one being ...[text shortened]... l his hammer.

Keep smoking that pot. The "stream-of-consciousness" can be a bitch.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 11:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Keep smoking that pot. The "stream-of-consciousness" can be a bitch.
    so your stance on children being evil is....

common, say it. you know you want to
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 11:15

so what does that mean?

To say nothing of the killing of a thousand times the number of land animals.

To say nothing of the lack of genetic diversity if an entire population had to start up from 2 parents.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 11:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    To say nothing of the killing of a thousand times the number of land animals.

To say nothing of the lack of genetic diversity if an entire population had to start up from 2 parents.
    not getting into the impossibility of the flood ever happening. like i told you before, it's futile

this thread assumes the global flood actually happened (uggh) and only deals with innocent humans dying. if there are some who have trouble seeing humans dying as evil, how much do you think they care about animals
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 11:56
    not getting into the impossibility of the flood ever happening. like i told you before, it's futile

this thread assumes the global flood actually happened (uggh) and only deals with innocent humans dying. if there are some who have trouble seeing humans dying as evil, how much do you think they care about animals
    Yes: Noah: 'who brought that infant aboard the Ark? She is OBVIOUSLY evil, THROW HER OVERBOARD".
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 15:39

so what does that mean?

This has been covered here many times before. So my take is, you really don't want to know or care, just trolling or as Suzianne said, smoke another bowl...😉
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 05:481 edit

so what does that mean?

What are you, 5 years old?

Edit: Actually I thought for a moment you wanted to discuss "evil", but on reading your post again I see you are excercising your atheistic right to attack the Bible. No probs.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 10:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This has been covered here many times before. So my take is, you really don't want to know or care, just trolling or as Suzianne said, smoke another bowl...😉
    soooo, your stance on children being evil and deserving to die is....?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 10:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What are you, 5 years old?

Edit: Actually I thought for a moment you wanted to discuss "evil", but on reading your post again I see you are excercising your atheistic right to attack the Bible. No probs.
    i am christian.

and your stance on children being evil and deserving to die is...?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 07:34
    i am christian.
    On what theological basis to you say this?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 07:36
    ...and your stance on children being evil and deserving to die is...?
    I don't have one. But I do have an issue with the flood generally.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 14:29
    On what theological basis to you say this?
    it's not up for debate here.

here we discuss the impossibility of everyone in the world to be evil
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 14:30
    I don't have one. But I do have an issue with the flood generally.
    you don't have a stance on children being evil and deserving to die? you are conflicted about it? you're still weighing your facts before you decide?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 15:32

so what does that mean?

Can I ask you a few questions, since life is a both given and taken from the same source
    does that source owe you or anyone an explanation for its giving or taking away of life?

When God gives us rain doesn't everyone get wet, those would call good and evil?
    If God treats us all the same way for the same reasons do we really have cause to
    complain?

Didn't Noah and everyone with him who got on the boat die some time after the event of
    the flood if the story is true, making it clear that all will die some time after God grants
    them being with life?

If God judges us as all sinners yet puts up with us while we are living out our lives of sin
    don't you think that He is giving us a measure of grace just to put up with our hard hearts
    that would not only reject Him, but failing to acknowledge all of our selfishness?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree