1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:15
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    What infinite options? Either you have an eternal soul or you don't. Btw: Have you ever heard of near-death experiences?
    How do you know that you have heard of near death experiences. Couldn't your memory be deceiving you?
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Not Kansas
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:20
    What infinite options? Either you have an eternal soul or you don't. Btw: Have you ever heard of near-death experiences?
    Near death experiences prove nothing, they could be manifestations of the brain shutting down and probably are nothing more than that.

4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:21
    Originally posted by David C
    *sigh* Here, let's try shouting instead:

HOW DO YOU [b]KNOW
    YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE RIGHT RELIGION? WHAT IF YOU HAVE DAMNED YOURSELF BY WORSHIPPING THE WRONG GOD?[/b]
    I have given you the answer by asking you a few questions. But since you missed it I'll spell it out for you. There are hundreds of prophecies made by many different people from different countries at different times about one person. You can read about them in the Bible. This cannot be found in any other religion. Therefore I *know* that my God, the God of the Bible is the only True one.
  5. Standard membermaybeONEday
    Official Bitch
    US of A
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:22
    ... I'm going to be spread all across France.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:23
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Your religion has never fulfilled a prophecy.
    How do you know this?😉
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:25
    How do you know this?😉
    Because my religion has prophecied that your religion will never fulfill a prophecy, and my sacred text is inerrant.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    How do you know that you have heard of near death experiences. Couldn't your memory be deceiving you?
    Are you a relativist?
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    Are you a relativist?
    Do you know what the term 'relativism' means?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:27
    Because my religion has prophecied that your religion will never fulfill a prophecy, and my sacred text is inerrant.
    Never heard of your religion.

Is it Satanism?
  11. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:29
    Never heard of your religion.

Is it Satanism?
    You've never heard of a lot of things, and you haven't understood most of what you've heard.

When will you give up your idolatry?
  12. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:42
    I have given you the answer by asking you a few questions. But since you missed it I'll spell it out for you. There are hundreds of prophecies made by many different people from different countries at different times about one person. You can read about them in the Bible. This cannot be found in any other religion. Therefore I *know* that my God, the God of the Bible is the only True one.
    Given your predilection for horrendous spelling, I can't say I'm surprised that you "spelling it out for me" leaves me entirely unimpressed.

As for your prideful claim that "hundreds of prophecies made by many different people from different countries at different times about one person", it is an utter disappointment. I'm assuming the "one person" to which you refer is Jesus. Sorry to tell you this, dj2...he never existed, so the "prophecies" are false. Better take another look at Islam or Judaism....time's running out!
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:50
    Originally posted by David C
    I'm assuming the "one person" to which you refer is Jesus. Sorry to tell you this, dj2...he never existed, so the "prophecies" are false.
    Let me take this one, dj2.

How do you know this?
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:59
    Originally posted by darvlay

How do you know this?
    Well, I could begin with the amalgamtion/monomyth proposition, or move on to things like Eusebius' forgery of Josephus. But it's a "faith thing". Heretics like you couldn't possibly understand. ;^P
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 20:00
    Originally posted by darvlay

How do you know this?
    Good question: How do you know this?😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree