What happens after death?

What happens after death?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
21 Jun 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
What will you accept as evidence for God's existance?
If a person claiming to be God appeared to me and my friends in the flesh, and then performed a few large miracles witnessed by all of us and then answered all our questions correctly (questions about history, physics, ethics, etc. ) then I would count this as evidence in favor of God's existence.

Moves
21 Jun 05

Originally posted by bbarr
If a person claiming to be God appeared to me and my friends in the flesh, and then performed a few large miracles witnessed by all of us and then answered all our questions correctly (questions about history, physics, ethics, etc. ) then I would count this as evidence in favor of God's existence.
Do you mean to say that you believe nothing that you haven't seen with your eyes?

Have you ever seen your own brain?

Moves
21 Jun 05

John 20:29 - Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
21 Jun 05

Do you mean to say that you believe nothing that you haven't seen with your eyes?

Have you ever seen your own brain?
No, I mean to say what I in fact said. If I wanted to say something other than what I said, I would have said something different.

I'm saying I would count the above as evidence for the existence of God.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
21 Jun 05

John 20:29 - Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Yeah, I'd write the same thing if I was trying to fool people into believing something for which there is no evidence.

Moves
21 Jun 05

No, I mean to say what I in fact said. If I wanted to say something other than what I said, I would have said something different.

I'm saying I would count the above as evidence for the existence of God.
So your criteria for believing different things differs?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
21 Jun 05

So your criteria for believing different things differs?
What makes you think that? I never claimed that, and it doesn't follow from anything I've posted above?

Moves
21 Jun 05

Yeah, I'd write the same thing if I was trying to fool people into believing something for which there is no evidence.
Rather for something that you will not accept as evidence.

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
21 Jun 05

I would rather be less blessed and more sure .

Moves
21 Jun 05

What makes you think that? I never claimed that, and it doesn't follow from anything I've posted above?
You said that you first have to see God before you believe that He exists. But you said that you never said that you never believe in something without seeing it first. Which follows that somethings you believe after seeing and other things not.

Moves
21 Jun 05

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
I would rather be less blessed and more sure .
Do you think that the hundreds of Christians that were martyred for their faith were not sure?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
21 Jun 05

You said that you first have to see God before you believe that He exists. But you said that you never said that you never believe in something without seeing it first. Which follows that somethings you believe after seeing and other things not.
Where did I claim "I have to see God before I believe that He exists"? I've looked over my posts and I can't find that claim.

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
21 Jun 05

Do you think that the hundreds of Christians that were martyred for their faith were not sure?
I didn't say anything about them one way or the other . I don't care about them . I was only speaking for myself .

Moves
21 Jun 05
1 edit

Where did I claim "I have to see God before I believe that He exists"? I've looked over my posts and I can't find that claim.
OK. My mistake. You said that you would count it as evidence in favour of His existance.

So a further question: "Once you have evidence in favour of His existance, what would you then further need to believe in His existance?"

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
21 Jun 05

OK. My mistake. You said that you would count it as evidence in favour of His existance.

So a further question: "Once you have evidence in favour of His existance, what would you then further need to believe in His existance?"
I think we're all saying here that if we had the proof/evidence , then we would believe .