1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 18:59
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Well you must have some reason to think you know something don't you?
    No. I just put my faith in God.
  2. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 18:59
    So there is a fifty fifty chance that one of us is right? What if you are wrong?
    A 50/50 chance assumes there are only 2 options . There are an infinite amount of options . But in the case of which (between your's and mine ) is more probable and provable ; mine is , yours is not .
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:02
    If you were to die, do you know where you would go?
    I suspect that I'll return to that from whence I came. I doubt I will persist with anything like my current personality or identity, because these aspects of my mind are causally dependent upon my brain, which upon my death will be burned to ashes and dropped from a plane over Vatican City.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:03
    Originally posted by darvlay
    50/50? How did you come up with that figure?
    Either we have an eternal soul or we don't.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:06
    Originally posted by darvlay
    No. I just put my faith in God.
    So do you believe in God?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:08
    Originally posted by bbarr
    I suspect that I'll return to that from whence I came. I doubt I will persist with anything like my current personality or identity, because these aspects of my mind are causally dependent upon my brain, which upon my death will be burned to ashes and dropped from a plane over Vatican City.
    How do you know this to be true?
  7. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:09
    So do you believe that God exists?

What makes you think that there is more than one true God?
    I heard you the first time, dj2...you seem to have an annoying habit of not answering questions directed at you, and then asking your own. So, we'll try it again:

How do you *know* you've chosen the right religion? There are many. What if you've damned your eternal soul by deciding on any given one?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:10
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    A 50/50 chance assumes there are only 2 options . There are an infinite amount of options . But in the case of which (between your's and mine ) is more probable and provable ; mine is , yours is not .
    What infinite options? Either you have an eternal soul or you don't. Btw: Have you ever heard of near-death experiences?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:12
    Originally posted by David C
    I heard you the first time, dj2...you seem to have an annoying habit of not answering questions directed at you, and then asking your own. So, we'll try it again:

How do you *know* you've chosen the right religion? There are many. What if you've damned your eternal soul by deciding on any given one?
    Do you know of any other religion other than my own that has so many fulfilled prophecies? Or in fact any prophecies at all?
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:12
    How do you know this to be true?
    How do I know what to be true?
  11. Not Kansas
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:13
    What if a person has an eternal soul?
    Nothing is eternal, it just seemed that way sitting on a hard pew on a hot Sunday afternoon, listening to a preacher drone on and on about eternity ...
    If there exists such a thing as a soul, it will be recycled like everything else.
    How? Beats me.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:14
    Originally posted by David C

There are many. What if you've damned your eternal soul by deciding on any given one?

What other religions say that you will be damned for ever?
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:14
    Do you know of any other religion other than my own that has so many fulfilled prophecies? Or in fact any prophecies at all?
    Your religion has never fulfilled a prophecy.
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:15
    *sigh* Here, let's try shouting instead:

HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE RIGHT RELIGION? WHAT IF YOU HAVE DAMNED YOURSELF BY WORSHIPPING THE WRONG GOD?
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 19:15
    Originally posted by bbarr
    How do I know what to be true?
    Your suspision.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree