1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 23:49
    The first mention of it is in Gen 2:7. It was a soul before God breathed the breath of life into it. Then it became a "Living Soul". He was not given a soul but became a living soul, a living person. The soul was the body God had made from the dust of the ground.
    1Cor 15:45 confirms this saying: The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life giving spirit"
    The Hebrew word for soul is "ne'phesh". The Greek is "psy-khe".
    The word soul in some Bibles has the words: Being, creature or person in it.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 01:36
    Isn't the immaterial part of our being? Some argue LOL that we humans have a triune nature which is a reflection of our creator. Body soul spirit or something like that.

Manny
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 02:53
    Originally posted by menace71
    Isn't the immaterial part of our being? Some argue LOL that we humans have a triune nature which is a reflection of our creator. Body soul spirit or something like that.

Manny
    John 4:24 says you must worship with spirit and truth. The word truth is spoken of many times in the Bible when it comes to worshipping the Father. It must be something important to him. Eph 6:14. If one decides not to concern that within their worship then that is between them and God.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 03:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    John 4:24 says you must worship with spirit and truth. The word truth is spoken of many times in the Bible when it comes to worshipping the Father. It must be something important to him. Eph 6:14. If one decides not to concern that within their worship then that is between them and God.
    Therefore if Christ said in JOH 14:6 .. I AM THE WAY, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

.. then maybe you should listen to Christ instead of trying to doubt what he said. He said certain things about the soul, which you clearly are trying to disprove.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 03:34
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Therefore if Christ said in JOH 14:6 .. I AM THE WAY, the [b]truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

.. then maybe you should listen to Christ instead of trying to doubt what he said. He said certain things about the soul, which you clearly are trying to disprove.[/b]
    Yep..here you are as usual.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 03:38
    Yep..here you are as usual.
    Im here to stop you from spreading your false JW doctrines.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 03:52
    Raj..your like a cancer. Your whole being seems to destroy whatever decent conversations we all want to have. You don't seem to have the basic intelligence to realize that. What is the deal with you? Are you so possessed that your not even a decent human anymore? Why don't you leave us all alone and get a life??????????? Geeeez!
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 10:58
    Raj..your like a cancer. Your whole being seems to destroy whatever decent conversations we all want to have. You don't seem to have the basic intelligence to realize that. What is the deal with you? Are you so possessed that your not even a decent human anymore? Why don't you leave us all alone and get a life??????????? Geeeez!
    Im pretty sure if I dont point out the flaws in your reasoning, somone else will. This is not a JW summer camp. Tough... get used to some opposition you overgrown baby.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 00:31
    Im pretty sure if I dont point out the flaws in your reasoning, somone else will. This is not a JW summer camp. Tough... get used to some opposition you overgrown baby.
    Well take a break then and let somebody else do it...

Can the Soul Die? Ezekiel 18:4, Acts 10:23, Matt 10:28 says both Body and Soul can be killed. This refers to the immediate life we have now. Someone can kill us now but cannot destroy it forever. We have the chance of being resurrected and no man can stop God from doing that.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 02:01
    JW's aren't allowed to play chess, http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/reasons.html
  11. England
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 09:191 edit
    to my understanding, the body returns to the earth from which it came. the soul/spirit returns to god from which it came, to be judged either forgiven or not then it spends eternaty in its place.
    but as to it being killed.... by our life on earth we take it to god for judgement and if guilty then we have killed it by our own actions
  12. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 13:00
    The first mention of it is in Gen 2:7. It was a soul before God breathed the breath of life into it. Then it became a "Living Soul". He was not given a soul but became a living soul, a living person. The soul was the body God had made from the dust of the ground.
    1Cor 15:45 confirms this saying: The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam be ...[text shortened]... psy-khe".
    The word soul in some Bibles has the words: Being, creature or person in it.
    In my view, the soul is a metaphor.
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 18:50
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    In my view, the soul is a metaphor.
    No the soul exists, no one can "kill" it not even God, meaning it will always exist, some people raised the dead to life, but they couldn't if there wasn't a soul.
  14. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 18:57
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No the soul exists, no one can "kill" it not even God, meaning it will always exist, some people raised the dead to life, but they couldn't if there wasn't a soul.
    If god can't kill a soul, then is he truly omnipotent?

People raised the dead to life? Do you have an actual well documented instance of this? (i.e. nothing from the bible.).
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 19:16
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    If god can't kill a soul, then is he truly omnipotent?

People raised the dead to life? Do you have an actual well documented instance of this? (i.e. nothing from the bible.).
    omnipotent; having unlimited power; able to do anything.
    • having ultimate power and influence

No just immortal, in the afterlife.

The Bible is an actual documentation, but there are others.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree